Primary Care Divison manager downsizing

Nobody said you did, but the two are also not mutually exclusive. Whether you think someone is an a-hole or not is personal, and not quanitifiable; its is strictly opinion. What is quantifiable is his success. There are many successful leaders, that were not personally endeared by their followers, but the results spoke for themselves. Especially in the business world, for example, Martha Stewart, Jack Welch, Donald Trump. The list goes on and on. We can debate about whether they are likable, but their talent, results, and success are beyond reproach. The same goes for JH. Im sure that in this economy, mann applied for his job, yet he got it. Obviously Vertex doesnt care if he is warm and fuzzy either. They are in the business of generating prescriptions. If you want warm and fuzzy, there are careers such as early childhood education, and social work. This business is a results business.

They are all assholes, would you consider bill gates, warren Buffet , assholes I don't think so and besides we are talking middle to upper management. You lead people by example, Eisenhower was a leader not an asshole, Patton ended up putting a bullet in his head, an asshole. both successful generals but only one was a great man

They are all assholes, would you consider bill gates, warren Buffet , assholes I don't think so and besides we are talking middle to upper management. You lead people by example, Eisenhower was a leader not an asshole, Patton ended up putting a bullet in his head, an asshole. both successful generals but only one was a great man

Exactly my point. I dont know what an A-hole is; but I do know that it is a subjective colloquism. You call JH n a-hole, me and many others would say he is not. Im quite positive that someone, somewhere would call each of us an a-hole. What is not subjective is his success; this is documented and verifiable. The fact is that he got paid to put numbers on the board and thats what he did. Its a dead horse, and I wil leave it alone. The fact still remains, Vertex had many candidates to choose from. Based on what was important to them, they felt JH was the best candidate. Lastly, I have seen and heard JH state public, in a crowded room that he has made some mistakes; the fact is that we all have. He is a young leader though, and he will grow from them. If you hate him so much, maybe you should ask yourself why? Could you be the one with the issues? As they say in my old neighborhood "im just sayin..."

JH hired me a few years ago and i cannot say one bad thing about him. the people on here that dont like him are the same lazy asses that dont work and do nothing but whine all day. the truth is, his region has produced consistent results and he is a winner. he may have cleaned house when he got here by getting rid of all the lazy, overpaid, complainers, but he replaced them with results oriented people like himself. i am happy for him, he will do great at vertex, and i would love to work with him again. stop bashing him you lazy, ungrateful morons.

JH hired me a few years ago and i cannot say one bad thing about him. the people on here that dont like him are the same lazy asses that dont work and do nothing but whine all day. the truth is, his region has produced consistent results and he is a winner. he may have cleaned house when he got here by getting rid of all the lazy, overpaid, complainers, but he replaced them with results oriented people like himself. i am happy for him, he will do great at vertex, and i would love to work with him again. stop bashing him you lazy, ungrateful morons.

James, thanks for playing. When you got put on a PIP from the VP, what were your sales accomplishments at that point? We all know that you were ranked last and you coludn't hold on to the talent around you. Fess up, you are not a leader. Just a follower. Best of luck at Vertex, and when they find out that you can't take the heat and the travel and the rules of reality.... YOU WILL BE TOAST>

You don't have t be an asshole to be successful

That's what I love about JH haters, let them speak and they will prove your point for you. I asked a simple question: What is his track record in terms of sales results? Instead of answering the question you deflect it by attacking him with a subjective statment.

No matter how you try to spin it, you can't argue with success. JH is a PCA winner and left the company being the only RSD at 100% of plan in a declining market, with limited coverage,a generic competitor and in the midst of the worst econmic recessions since the Great Depression. Do you think that was all luck? Or maybe, just maybe he knows this business and how to get the job done.

"But, but he's not motivational!" Look at his title it's "Regional Sales Director", not "Motivational Speaker." If that's what you want then go attend a Tony Robbin's seminar. JH's job was to move product, thats it! But that's not to go without saying that he didn't implement motivational programs within his region: i.e. Mentor Program, 7 Sigma, See Something Say Something, and the list goes on. He had more motivational programs then any other region, hands down and those that participated, for the most part, found them rewarding and applicable to growing their business.

He gave you those programs, he gave you the resources you needed, he gave you a chance to raise your hand and say I want to move up in the organization, for god's sake he gave you his cell number and said don't hesistate to call me if you need anything.

I ask you, what else do you want from the guy? No, he's not going to hold your hand and make sales for you, that's what they hired you to do. Yes he is very driven, positive, hard working, result orientated and loves his profession. If you are not likewise, then yes you will not enjoy working with him. On the other hand, if you are likewise he is very, very motivational and you will look forward to working with him.

There is no point in discussing this anymore, it's an exercise in futility. He is moving on and I will bet the mortgage that he will soon be on top at Vertex. Hate the game, not the player...

That's what I love about JH haters, let them speak and they will prove your point for you. I asked a simple question: What is his track record in terms of sales results? Instead of answering the question you deflect it by attacking him with a subjective statment.

No matter how you try to spin it, you can't argue with success. JH is a PCA winner and left the company being the only RSD at 100% of plan in a declining market, with limited coverage,a generic competitor and in the midst of the worst econmic recessions since the Great Depression. Do you think that was all luck? Or maybe, just maybe he knows this business and how to get the job done.

"But, but he's not motivational!" Look at his title it's "Regional Sales Director", not "Motivational Speaker." If that's what you want then go attend a Tony Robbin's seminar. JH's job was to move product, thats it! But that's not to go without saying that he didn't implement motivational programs within his region: i.e. Mentor Program, 7 Sigma, See Something Say Something, and the list goes on. He had more motivational programs then any other region, hands down and those that participated, for the most part, found them rewarding and applicable to growing their business.

He gave you those programs, he gave you the resources you needed, he gave you a chance to raise your hand and say I want to move up in the organization, for god's sake he gave you his cell number and said don't hesistate to call me if you need anything.

I ask you, what else do you want from the guy? No, he's not going to hold your hand and make sales for you, that's what they hired you to do. Yes he is very driven, positive, hard working, result orientated and loves his profession. If you are not likewise, then yes you will not enjoy working with him. On the other hand, if you are likewise he is very, very motivational and you will look forward to working with him.

There is no point in discussing this anymore, it's an exercise in futility. He is moving on and I will bet the mortgage that he will soon be on top at Vertex. Hate the game, not the player...

Whoever wrote this is one sharp individual and dead on the money!

Whoever wrote this is JH himself & posting to himself no doubt! Please leave our Boards JH continue your egotistical chatter on Vertex boards. Roche got ya on a PIP didn't even need to pay you severance and gone before you vested for pension. Please just leave. . . . .

Whoever wrote this is JH himself & posting to himself no doubt! Please leave our Boards JH continue your egotistical chatter on Vertex boards. Roche got ya on a PIP didn't even need to pay you severance and gone before you vested for pension. Please just leave. . . . .

A Parting Song for JH "What you say?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8Tiz6INF7I

Amen!

Why so caught up on PIPs. People have been on and off of PIPs, and continued to grow. Secondly, of course he didn't get a severance package, he wasn't laid, DUH!. Who cares about severance or pension? He had a 50/50 chance, at best (as do all RSDs) of being laid off. Is it better to have a great job, or a severance package. Again, think about this quantitatively, and stop being blinded by the hate. JH, is looking at an exciting opportunity, the joke is on the haters, not on him.

Why so caught up on PIPs. People have been on and off of PIPs, and continued to grow. Secondly, of course he didn't get a severance package, he wasn't laid, DUH!. Who cares about severance or pension? He had a 50/50 chance, at best (as do all RSDs) of being laid off. Is it better to have a great job, or a severance package. Again, think about this quantitatively, and stop being blinded by the hate. JH, is looking at an exciting opportunity, the joke is on the haters, not on him.

OK JH . . .now that You the egocentric regional director JH is gone can you please share with us what was your PIP on and HOW did you continue to grow?

OK JH . . .now that You the egocentric regional director JH is gone can you please share with us what was your PIP on and HOW did you continue to grow?

Sorry, he is gone and not looking back. He took his outstanding sales record and got on the first life boat off of this sinking ship. You can end your obsession now; the joke is now on YOU!!! You are about to be laid off, and permanently kicked out of this industry. You will have a hard time finding a job make a third of what you are making, and you are still obsesses with JH. TISK, TISK, TISK!

We did fill "surveys" on this idiot and hopefully he's getting the can, some of us also had called HR which I think prompted having to do the survey; In all my years in sales this guy takes the cake in achieving new low standards of behavior and management skills, what were they thinking when they put this clown in; we could easily and hopefully be integrated into another divisioin where the manager actually has the skill set to manage people and does it without the arrogance and incompetence; get rid of this dweeb

more on

JH took all of the credit in his first year even though he wasn't even in place for the full year and the sales trends were already in place. It wasn't because of him. Region 7 prospered desite of him not because of him, get it right. He could care less about his sales professionals. He only cared about himself and that is why he left. He would constantly ask reps what have you done for me lately? What kind of leader would ask that? He had to leave for he inteviewed for 5 different jobs internally which thank god Genentech had his number and didn't promote him. Its going to take years to fix the damage this guy caused in our organization.

JH took all of the credit in his first year even though he wasn't even in place for the full year and the sales trends were already in place. It wasn't because of him. Region 7 prospered desite of him not because of him, get it right. He could care less about his sales professionals. He only cared about himself and that is why he left. He would constantly ask reps what have you done for me lately? What kind of leader would ask that? He had to leave for he inteviewed for 5 different jobs internally which thank god Genentech had his number and didn't promote him. Its going to take years to fix the damage this guy caused in our organization.

Of course he cant and wont defend himself against anonymous postings. Isnt it time to stop hating on JH by now. So not only are we talking about alleged PIPs, but now we know all of the jobs that he interviewed and were turned down for? Both are irrelevant, I myself have been Pipped, and turned down for jobs, and have progressed nicely in Roche. THESE ARE THE FACTS, JH WON PCA a couple of years ago, and HIS REGION IS CURRENTLY NUMBER ONE. IT IS THE ONLY REGION THAT IS 100% GOAL YTD. THIS IS A SUBJECTION STATEMENT; NO BIAS, NO PERSONAL OPINIONS, NO PERSONALITY CONFLICTS, JUST VERIFIABLE FACTS. PIP or NO PIP, THE FACT IS WE ARE IN THE RESULTS PROFESSION, AND THESE SUBJECTS RESULTS STATE THAT HE WAS EFFECTIVE IN WHAT HE WAS PAID TO DO, WHICH WAS TO DRIVE RESULTS. YOU SAY HE WAS HORRIBLE, I SAY HE WAS VERY GOOD. WE CAN ARGUE THESE POINTS, BUT WE CANT ARGUE WITH THE NUMBERS. HERE ANOTHER SUBJECTIVE STATEMENT; REGION 7 WAS NUMBER ONE 2 OUT 4 YEARS THAT JH WAS THE LEADER. NOW, YOU ARE LIKELY TO BE LOSING YOUR JOB IN THE NEXT THREE WEEKS. ARENT THERE OTHER THINGS THAT YOU SHOULD BE FOCUSING< RATHER THAN A MAN WHO JUST GOT ON THE FIRST LIFE BOAT OF THE SINKING SHOIP< AND ONTO A GREAT OPPORTUNITY? STOP THE HATE, AND MOVE ON.

Let me ask you a question, what was JH's track record in terms of sales results? So let me see if I'm understanding this correctly, he terminates 70% of his workforce as you have disdainfully mentioned, hires talented,sharp and hard working people and develops them to move product (a novel concept.) Subsequently he is ranked #1 in the nation time after time after time. What does that tell you about the people he let go? What does that tell you about his ability to lead and put numbers up on the scoreboard? Results don't lie, numbers don't lie. Hate the game not the player...

Thanks Tonery, now shut up.