Primary Care Divison manager downsizing

Anonymous

Genentech has always placed great importance in the communication and trust between their sales representatives and their managers. It is very important that the relationship between reps and managers is one of confidence. They realize this relationship is critical to growth of sales. A SSF source told me today the criteria for the PC DSM downsizing will be based on manager surveys from last year and current sales standings within the respective regions this year. I was told any managers that have bad records with HR
( multiple complaints from reps), and had poor manager surveys from last year, along with poor sales performance this year will be the first to go. It's clear this abusive style of management is not what Genentech is looking for in the future.

What this means is any division manager who has enjoyed being a tyrannical dictator with their division will now have to pay for it by losing their job. If your division never trusted or had confidence in you, and they conveyed that in their surveys, it has now finally caught up to you. After the surveys results were known, if you had a meeting or intervention by your regional manager, this is in your record. Additionally, if you are now in the lower half of your region in sales, it's time to pay for your lack of performance and lack of professionalism with your division.

Looks like there really is such a thing as karma.

<

Genentech has always placed great importance in the communication and trust between their sales representatives and their managers. It is very important that the relationship between reps and managers is one of confidence. They realize this relationship is critical to growth of sales. A SSF source told me today the criteria for the PC DSM downsizing will be based on manager surveys from last year and current sales standings within the respective regions this year. I was told any managers that have bad records with HR
( multiple complaints from reps), and had poor manager surveys from last year, along with poor sales performance this year will be the first to go. It's clear this abusive style of management is not what Genentech is looking for in the future.

What this means is any division manager who has enjoyed being a tyrannical dictator with their division will now have to pay for it by losing their job. If your division never trusted or had confidence in you, and they conveyed that in their surveys, it has now finally caught up to you. After the surveys results were known, if you had a meeting or intervention by your regional manager, this is in your record. Additionally, if you are now in the lower half of your region in sales, it's time to pay for your lack of performance and lack of professionalism with your division.

Finally, the atmosphere of managing by fear and intimidation is coming to an end. There's nothing more unproductive than a division of reps that HATE their manager and refuse to communicate with them.

I don't believe this for a second! WL in Chi town has been hiring assholes since she started & we'd have to get rid of the whole lot to comply with this. Hard driving management does not work in this industry.

Although in Growth Hormone, Kenneth Stevens, fits this description like a OJ Simpson glove, can the loser, he smells like an outhouse

I don't believe this for a second! WL in Chi town has been hiring assholes since she started & we'd have to get rid of the whole lot to comply with this. Hard driving management does not work in this industry.

That's right, and that is why they are getting rid of those known to have this management style. In the old Roche style they believe managing through fear is good, and if the numbers aren't showing good results, then manage with even more fear. These people are always the last to expect they will be let go. It always takes them by surprise. These are the RSD's and DSM's that are going to be downsized.

I was told there wasn't enough time to complete and tabulate new manager surveys, so they are using last year's results. In most cases managers don't change their style anyway, so the results would probably be the same as last year's surveys. Several DSM's had horrible survey results and had to have meetings with their RSD's to explain them. These results, along with current regional sales results will now be used as criteria for downsizing. In nearly all cases poor DSM sales are linked to unhappy reps and poor survey results.

Roche could never figure it out that reps that have confidence and trust in their managers perform better. Genentech seems to understands this concept.

"HARD DRIVING MANAGEMENT", will be set up and fired. They will be reported to the 800# and then 2-3 reps will meet with the RM. The RM will then take care of the DM swiftly or the same process will be started on the RM. This will be worked up the chain of command untill order and respect are restored in the ranks.

Are you an idiot or do just play one on the internet. Look, things will be happening but if you think they are going to play out like this joker says, your as dumb as they are.

Are you an idiot or do just play one on the internet. Look, things will be happening but if you think they are going to play out like this joker says, your as dumb as they are.

Thanks for the imput. It's always nice to hear from management. Keep slurping that kool-aid until it runs down both cheeks.

By the way, before you call someone an idiot, get your punctuation right. It's supposed to be "You're as dumb as they are."

Thanks for the input. It's always nice to hear from management. Keep slurping that kool-aid until it runs down both cheeks.

By the way, before you call someone an idiot, get your punctuation right. It's supposed to be "You're as dumb as they are."

"HARD DRIVING MANAGEMENT", will be set up and fired. They will be reported to the 800# and then 2-3 reps will meet with the RM. The RM will then take care of the DM swiftly or the same process will be started on the RM. This will be worked up the chain of command untill order and respect are restored in the ranks.

What is the 800 number?