Phathom

Where is the motivation when half the sales force didn’t get a bonus at all? Wtf is that doing? You wanna start back at square one when the rep leaves?? You have good people who were invested in Phathom and you’ve made non believers of all of us.

I was recruited here from a job I spent 20 yrs at & I feel half sick. I’m at the top, but that’s not saying much with less than 150 rxs since Nov. The issues are :
- Upper Management
- taking bonus away mid quarter with no notice. Sales force loses trust
- not having a guaranteed bonus for first 2 quarters with uncapped kickers
- BLINK rx
- launched w limited coverage
- low bonus per new Rx/writers
- Veeva & sales ops is a nightmare
- Phathom isn’t practicing what they preached. Treat your sales force well - and it’s tough to fail.

Reps need to have input on targeting vs some ridiculous top 50 plus a regular call cycle. Physicians who adopt a product early in its life cycle and initially use it with only a subset of their patients are much more likely to prescribe it for more types of patients over time.

What does this mean for commercial teams? It’s simple: double down on your loyalists!! Identify the physicians who regularly prescribe your products, and focus on them with laser-like intensity. Often, the top 30% to 40% of physicians that a sales force calls on drive 80% to 95% of sales.

I was recruited here from a job I spent 20 yrs at & I feel half sick. I’m at the top, but that’s not saying much with less than 150 rxs since Nov. The issues are :
- Upper Management
- taking bonus away mid quarter with no notice. Sales force loses trust
- not having a guaranteed bonus for first 2 quarters with uncapped kickers
- BLINK rx
- launched w limited coverage
- low bonus per new Rx/writers
- Veeva & sales ops is a nightmare
- Phathom isn’t practicing what they preached. Treat your sales force well - and it’s tough to fail.

This! Also left a very good job for this ‘opportunity’ and am regretting it every single day. What company launches a product and treats their Salesforce this way and expects loyalty and to do well????? It’s crazy to me! I’ve never launched a product that paid out this low the first few quarters, it takes time to ramp up.

You need a sales force to drive a launch, not a marketing department. As the product matures, the marketing department will do. But early on, you need hustlers out there making the calls that matter - eyeball to eyeball - no multichannel myth.

To have the sales force win, it must be engaged. To be engaged, you need culture. Culture isn't free cookies at the home office, a ping pong table in the break room, or a flashy social media campaign - it's what sales leadership does to lead the way.

Martin and Terrie think their commercials built Otezla. Sorry, the sales force built that success in years 2014-2016. They should have gone with what built that for them. Instead, they went big Pharma. Big Pharma doesn't launch. Period. Measuring metrics works in the home office, but not in the office when a rep needs to message to the customer.

Our problem is arrogance.

I just joined so trying to understand when you say “leadership” is that your manager, their manager or the sales VP? Or the corporate leaders? Is there a forum to share this experience and have dialog with what’s not working??

I wonder how this will work out?

No bonuses, shitty senior leadership, morale falling through the floor this quickly.....

My guess is with summer approaching the sales team will be completely ineffective and checked out while they are interviewing with new companies.

If the sales forces isn't engaged, nothing will work during a launch.

The sole reason the sales force was engaged in 2014 was because of one man. A west Texas cowboy.

He ain't at Phathom.

I can’t believe they took bonus away and posted some small print mid quarter that no one talked about. Not like it matters tho… bc I probably had 30 rx’s and 9 got filled. Sounds about right. Go ahead - take my bonus assholes. See what I do for you. you’re killing your salesforce