Pain Start Date?

Blocks showing 72hr opioid free and bringing in an oral pill with SPID data that’s not much better than oral apap. This is a difficult market I’ve got a ton of experience in hospital pain market and surgical mostly IV. I asked ASA that treats pain and he was a sceptic based on the studies. Said they would probably not use up front better options and that would push to surgeons which hate treating pain. If there is success with this drug it will be post op when patient moves to PO meds. The only way this goes is not expensive in hospital and makes the money on retail.

Did anyone who interviewed have hospital formulary experience and pain management experience. I don’t know anyone who did a a few from my company And prior friends are in final interview.

Blocks showing 72hr opioid free and bringing in an oral pill with SPID data that’s not much better than oral apap. This is a difficult market I’ve got a ton of experience in hospital pain market and surgical mostly IV. I asked ASA that treats pain and he was a sceptic based on the studies. Said they would probably not use up front better options and that would push to surgeons which hate treating pain. If there is success with this drug it will be post op when patient moves to PO meds. The only way this goes is not expensive in hospital and makes the money on retail.

Agreed. This won’t sell in hospitals. Retail will be the moneymaker.

Did anyone who interviewed have hospital formulary experience and pain management experience. I don’t know anyone who did a a few from my company And prior friends are in final interview.

I made it to the final interview and I have several years of both hospital formulary and pain management experience.

I'm exhausted from all the interviews, I can only imagine how worn out the Vertex team and recruiters are. Anxious for this to wrap up and move forward.

You think the interview process was exhausting?? Just wait til you get in territory. The major micromanagement this company will conduct is going to make your life miserable.

No, I did not even apply, but I have several friends in the process.

The process they've made you'll go through is pathetic. It's also very telling as to what your life will be like working for Vertex.

You think the interview process was exhausting?? Just wait til you get in territory. The major micromanagement this company will conduct is going to make your life miserable.

No, I did not even apply, but I have several friends in the process.

The process they've made you'll go through is pathetic. It's also very telling as to what your life will be like working for Vertex.

Very good point. The amount of pressue and micromanagement will be insane. I spoke to a pain physician during this process and he said he saw a few places it would be used but there are so many other non opiod generics available with equivalent efficacy.

Good luck. The company is ill equipped to launch. They are in process of hiring many people who have never really
taken a drug to formulary nor a drug like this which offers no clinical benefit over opioids. It’s ok. They will hire the culture they want so it’s gonna be great. Also, Ill be there in Boston cheering us all on. Nothing to see here. It’s awesome.

Good luck. The company is ill equipped to launch. They are in process of hiring many people who have never really
taken a drug to formulary nor a drug like this which offers no clinical benefit over opioids. It’s ok. They will hire the culture they want so it’s gonna be great. Also, Ill be there in Boston cheering us all on. Nothing to see here. It’s awesome.
Did you accept a position since you mention that you will be at the Boston launch?

What’s your take on this opportunity? I’m genuinely curious

I think it’s a good opportunity or I wouldn’t have waisted my time going through the lengthy interview process. If people don’t believe in the drug, they should just move on to another opportunity. There is no point in complaining about it on this website. Grow up people and move on! If you’re so talented, you shouldn’t have a problem finding a job somewhere else.