• Thurs news: Sage R&D layoffs. Another Sanofi radiopharma deal. Novartis loses bid to block generic. Kezar lupus trial stopped. Why are so many pharmacies closing. See more on our front page

Novo culture is dead

anonymous

It’s like trying to revive a corpse at this point. CPR won’t do much. Reorg will only worsen it. I guess THRIVE is the only thing left that could revive the “culture.”

Any semblance of NNI “culture” left the building in the 2016-2017 timeframe. Sorry you missed the truly great years from the early 2000’s until then. It WAS a special place doing special things for patients.

Early 2000s, the best time to be with Novo. The QE2 trip was amazing. But in 2006, Novo started hiring Phucked up Pfizer reps and managers and things started to change. I had a partner that was former Pfizer and an ex Pfizer manager. What a shit show.

The Victoza belly band bandits killed the culture!!! Thanks, Marketing your genius idea.
I will never forget those glorious bands, or the ozempic electric button thing which we just threw away, or the oversized rybelsus box that doesn't fit in any sample areas.

Honestly, our team culture has devolved into a hyper-competitive butt kissing fest where everyone is solely focused on trying to add to their IDP, since our manager now has the completely subjective role of deciding 40% of our bonus. Everyone is running around like brainwashed bots yelling terms like "Grit", "Show Up", "Living in Fear" and "Growth Mindset". An unending self-help nightmare.

This is in all sincerity the first time I will be going on an interview with another company since I have been here.

Early 2000s, the best time to be with Novo. The QE2 trip was amazing. But in 2006, Novo started hiring Phucked up Pfizer reps and managers and things started to change. I had a partner that was former Pfizer and an ex Pfizer manager. What a shit show.
Amazing that we bring people who helped to create failed policies at their old companies here to do the exact same thing. Look at the new IC structure, and someone who helped create that at GSK. The reps and managers hated it and then they reversed the decision years later. Now that person is here and helped to implement that same plan ( or at least similar) here.

The Victoza belly band bandits killed the culture!!! Thanks, Marketing your genius idea.
The belly bands and the buttons were the dumbest thing to ever be implemented in the history of Novo and probably the industry!

How did those items ever make it past the common sense layer of decision making? I’m sure those clowns went on to higher positions for being “innovative”, when they should have been fired!

Nothing has ever been worse than the Levemir launch campaign…….the entire launch team was canned in the first few months due to this huge failure!!!!! Never saw this before in my 25+ years in Phrma

I will never forget those glorious bands, or the ozempic electric button thing which we just threw away, or the oversized rybelsus box that doesn't fit in any sample areas.

Honestly, our team culture has devolved into a hyper-competitive butt kissing fest where everyone is solely focused on trying to add to their IDP, since our manager now has the completely subjective role of deciding 40% of our bonus. Everyone is running around like brainwashed bots yelling terms like "Grit", "Show Up", "Living in Fear" and "Growth Mindset". An unending self-help nightmare.

This is in all sincerity the first time I will be going on an interview with another company since I have been here.

LOL are you on my team?? Funny but sad because this is 100% true.

Spot on! People doing a lot less selling and a lot more self promotion. Lots of big talk and endless motivational messages from people trying to earn that 40%

A job skill?!? Where is this in the job description? Core competencies? NNi Essentials? It’s not. Good try though, Pinocchio, making shit up and passing it off like it’s a fact.
There are lots of job skills not listed in there. For instance, nowhere does it say “ability to type.” If you can’t promote yourself, no one is going to do it for you. If you want to be stuck where you are forever because you’re too stubborn to make an effort, have at it.

There are lots of job skills not listed in there. For instance, nowhere does it say “ability to type.” If you can’t promote yourself, no one is going to do it for you. If you want to be stuck where you are forever because you’re too stubborn to make an effort, have at it.
Good luck getting promoted with your horrible grammar and punctuation skills!

Hasn’t been a Novo culture in years…. Love how people talk about the culture on stage or on calls. What is it? Have they ever defined what it would be? Well, maybe the NNi essentials but you have to go on-line to look those up anyway…