New Oncology Division

Just found out

Base up to $135
bonus $36k
200 RSU's

Nothing great. I'm passing.

The most disappointing news was that it Abbvie unsure if the new oncology sales force will be a long term proposition

They are hiring 32 as a "dry run" with the hopes that additional products will come out of their pipeline or they can buy to keep reps busy

Pretty scary if you ask me. If you are unemployed or work at a shit ass company or hate your boss then I say you may wanna check it out.

Otherwise, don't waste your time with this uneventful division.

Just found out

Base up to $135
bonus $36k
200 RSU's

The most disappointing news was that it Abbvie unsure if the new oncology sales force will be a long term proposition

They are hiring 32 as a "dry run" with the hopes that additional products will come out of their pipeline or they can buy to keep reps busy

Pretty scary if you ask me. If you are unemployed or work at a shit ass company or hate your boss then I say you may wanna check it out.

I'd say this would be on par with hepatitis, give it a go but don't plan on it working out beyond 1 year

Just found out

Base up to $135
bonus $36k
200 RSU's

Seems like the Onc/Hem pipeline is small but good. Why do you question the long term commitment?

what i have heard internally this is an "experiment" hence the hiring of only 32 reps
they have other plans but want to see how having a "shared" relationship with other biotechs namely Genentech/BMS works with their own commercialization plans. Thoughts are they might leave responsibility to Gtech/BMS for those 2 drugs and have Pharmacyclics handle promotion of other pipeline drugs down the road.

Essentially, the new oncology team will be Guinea pigs.

I work internally at Abbvie not in sales but support sales.

what i have heard internally this is an "experiment" hence the hiring of only 32 reps
they have other plans but want to see how having a "shared" relationship with other biotechs namely Genentech/BMS works with their own commercialization plans. Thoughts are they might leave responsibility to Gtech/BMS for those 2 drugs and have Pharmacyclics handle promotion of other pipeline drugs down the road.

Essentially, the new oncology team will be Guinea pigs.

I work internally at Abbvie not in sales but support sales.

I heard Onc is hiring Account Executives, not a traditional Sales force. I know one who went over there as a Manager and a couple of others from HCV who are applying.