New Oncology Division

this company has botched just about every single one of their newly launched products. If you are looking for a smart company that is swift and nimble and knows how to negotiate managed care deals and play with the big boys ...this is NOT the company for you. Look elsewhere. This company holds onto ignorant and stupid leaders that repeatedly make mistake after mistake ...yet still maintain their jobs. Karma does not exist here .... Stupid ass people continue to do stupid and often times non compliant and harassing things to their employees. Managing through fear is the main objective here that is favored by Regional managers and it trickles down from there. This company is completely delusional in thinking it even compares to a Genentech, Gilead, Merck and it goes on .... Also people make promises here they do not keep. Anything they tell you you will get in the interview...make sure you get it in writing! They love to do a bait and switch ... But once you're here ...they do not deliver and will get angry at you for asking them to deliver on their promises. Culture has gone downhill through the years ... It's pretty bad now. This company will probably be bought out in a few years anyway ...stupidity cannot continue to survive in this cut throat business.

this company has botched just about every single one of their newly launched products. If you are looking for a smart company that is swift and nimble and knows how to negotiate managed care deals and play with the big boys ...this is NOT the company for you. Look elsewhere. This company holds onto ignorant and stupid leaders that repeatedly make mistake after mistake ...yet still maintain their jobs. Karma does not exist here .... Stupid ass people continue to do stupid and often times non compliant and harassing things to their employees. Managing through fear is the main objective here that is favored by Regional managers and it trickles down from there. This company is completely delusional in thinking it even compares to a Genentech, Gilead, Merck and it goes on .... Also people make promises here they do not keep. Anything they tell you you will get in the interview...make sure you get it in writing! They love to do a bait and switch ... But once you're here ...they do not deliver and will get angry at you for asking them to deliver on their promises. Culture has gone downhill through the years ... It's pretty bad now. This company will probably be bought out in a few years anyway ...stupidity cannot continue to survive in this cut throat business.

Everything in this post is so true. I have been with Abbott/Abbvie for almost 15 years and it has changed for the worse. I moved into the HCV Division based on false promises and am now miserable here.

Everything in this post is so true. I have been with Abbott/Abbvie for almost 15 years and it has changed for the worse. I moved into the HCV Division based on false promises and am now miserable here.

You got that right! Same situation here, and yet the whole interview process was ridiculous and such a ruse! This division isn't lead by "The Best of the Best" ... It's "Stupid is as stupid does" and the "blind leading the blind". The only verbal thing said was "water under the bridge", but no real consequences have happened to those responsible for such a horrendous launch. Really arrogant and very stupid people (and when I say stupid I mean stupid because they know better, but did things wrong anyway after many people with multiple years of experience in HCV told them repeatedly not to launch the way they planned). The new and smart people left pretty quickly once the launch began. Now, have left and people have moved around, but stupid arrogant people are still here ...and some of them have moved into other franchises so beware.

You got that right! Same situation here, and yet the whole interview process was ridiculous and such a ruse! This division isn't lead by "The Best of the Best" ... It's "Stupid is as stupid does" and the "blind leading the blind". The only verbal thing said was "water under the bridge", but no real consequences have happened to those responsible for such a horrendous launch. Really arrogant and very stupid people (and when I say stupid I mean stupid because they know better, but did things wrong anyway after many people with multiple years of experience in HCV told them repeatedly not to launch the way they planned). The new and smart people left pretty quickly once the launch began. Now, have left and people have moved around, but stupid arrogant people are still here ...and some of them have moved into other franchises so beware.

Agree 200%!

We should have launched Viekira Pak with patient types!

Viekira Pak should have a WAC of no more than $50,000!

After discounts Viekira Pak should cost NO MORE than $15,000 - $20,000! 12 and 24 weeks should be the same price and Moderiba should be $1.00 per Rx (or free if allowable)!

This is how you secure contracts against an established product that is easier to use with less pills and less DDIs with similar efficacy! It doesn't take rocket science!

Great company withe biggest selling drug in the World. Some misses lately, especially with HCV. Great drug, but underestimated Gileads negotiating power and product.

With that said, don't believe anyone who talks highly of stock options. Unless you are Management level, Account Exec or higher there is no such thing.

Agree 200%!

We should have launched Viekira Pak with patient types!

Viekira Pak should have a WAC of no more than $50,000!

After discounts Viekira Pak should cost NO MORE than $15,000 - $20,000! 12 and 24 weeks should be the same price and Moderiba should be $1.00 per Rx (or free if allowable)!

This is how you secure contracts against an established product that is easier to use with less pills and less DDIs with similar efficacy! It doesn't take rocket science!

Just have to laugh about a $50,000 cost of therapy.... I remember when our dear friends at Eli came out with Oroflex at a whopping $1 per tablet for arthritis.... drug eventually got pulled, not for price, but for side effects....
Times change; glad I am out of the grind. But it was nice while it lasted. Did I mention my pension is over $80,000/year, until both my husband and I die?
God bless you all. God bless AbbVie and Abbott... your products do change and save lives.

I'm crushing you losers. I'm not losing Sleep watching you get destroyed. You can cut the price to a dime and I'll still own your ass. Just give it away. I still own you. I own the oncology space too. You are doomed.

This is what they did with the HCV division-Gonzo even claimed we would take 51% of the market .

The problem is that we have a CEO who never led a company or had a college degree. He was the head of a division and Miles handled the big stuff and he did what he was told- a yes man who nodded his heads in meetings and kissed behind to get ahead.

Now he acts like a drunken sailor with all this money and responsibility. They just paid 1.6 billion to Shire for nothing, now they paid 350 million to get the FDA to review a drug 4 months faster-350 million bucks for 4 months-LOL!!!

Looks like Gonzo is putting his stock in the Oncology division and as usual we will fall behind and not make any progress-then they won't even give you a package-just PIP you out.

Stay away-we do not have good leadership and unfortunately birds of a feather flock together and Gonzo is remaking Abbvie in his image and calling it a culture change.

Hey, I've been here for awhile, and I thought the stock options ended about 3 or 45 years ago... at least mine did. So what's the deal? Are there options or not?

Stock Options were replaced with Restricted Stock Units (RSU's) back in 2009. If you are a grade level 18 or above, you should have been receiving them. If you haven't, but were receiving Stock Options, you were probably demoted and haven't been told.

Stock Options were replaced with Restricted Stock Units (RSU's) back in 2009. If you are a grade level 18 or above, you should have been receiving them. If you haven't, but were receiving Stock Options, you were probably demoted and haven't been told.
Partly true. Grade 18 and above does receive RSU. But now it is tied to "performance". You can be at a very high grade and receive no stock.

Oncology; 10+ years
I wouldn't take it. You'll be overlaying an exact territory with a Genentech rep. The product has a very narrow indication in ALL and there are other options within abbvie's pharmacyclics and genetech's portfolio's that can canabalize business. Just my 2 cents and I'm too tired to spell check so leave me be!

This is what they did with the HCV division-Gonzo even claimed we would take 51% of the market .

The problem is that we have a CEO who never led a company or had a college degree. He was the head of a division and Miles handled the big stuff and he did what he was told- a yes man who nodded his heads in meetings and kissed behind to get ahead.

Now he acts like a drunken sailor with all this money and responsibility. They just paid 1.6 billion to Shire for nothing, now they paid 350 million to get the FDA to review a drug 4 months faster-350 million bucks for 4 months-LOL!!!

Looks like Gonzo is putting his stock in the Oncology division and as usual we will fall behind and not make any progress-then they won't even give you a package-just PIP you out.

Stay away-we do not have good leadership and unfortunately birds of a feather flock together and Gonzo is remaking Abbvie in his image and calling it a culture change.

This sums it up in a nut shell.

With Merck coming out in January 2016, if we get even one renal Rx I would be shocked. We need to undercut everyone. After discounts VPak should cost no more than $15K. If Gonzo, Loots and Louie Louie don't see that by now then HCV is totally dead.