• Wed news: Lilly’s 4.5B medicine foundry project. 5 FDA decisions to watch in Q4. Hurricane Helene and the health supply chain. Lundbeck taps Charles River for AI-enabled neuro drug discovery. Amgen tax evasion lawsuit. See more on our front page

More HCV reps leave

Such poetry, today;I like it. I don't think the AbbVies know that they don't know and so live blissfully in ignorance; including those that believe that they are scientifically inclined. But then, perhaps I don't know what they don't know; I can only hope.
Why don't we just chill out until the price is set and the contracts are signed. Then we can bitch. We have to trust that the company understands they have to be smart about that.

I am a neutral observer.
Where price is not an issue, Gilead will dominate with SOF/LDP combo. 1 pill once a day with no side effects is tough to beat.
Abbvie will be #2 and forced first use by some managed care plans in pts where ritonovir drug interactions and multiple pills twice a day are not an issue.
BMS has squat, as their NS5 needs to be combined with another drug that is not their own, thus the pricing will be more than for the Gilead FDC.
Same for J&J.
Only other company that has a chance to compete eventaully is Merck, but they are at least a year and a half behind.

I am a neutral observer.
Where price is not an issue, Gilead will dominate with SOF/LDP combo. 1 pill once a day with no side effects is tough to beat.
Abbvie will be #2 and forced first use by some managed care plans in pts where ritonovir drug interactions and multiple pills twice a day are not an issue.
BMS has squat, as their NS5 needs to be combined with another drug that is not their own, thus the pricing will be more than for the Gilead FDC.
Same for J&J.
Only other company that has a chance to compete eventaully is Merck, but they are at least a year and a half behind.

You might want to wait til the data comes out from the meetings before you pontificate

I am a neutral observer.
Same for J&J.

Astute analysis! The best Abbvie can be is a far distant second to Gilead! Abbvie should have folded their tent several years ago but continued to go forward without assessing competition! As an Abbvie retiree I am sick of the stupidity and lack of courage by the management team. They all got to their positions by saying yes and kissing rear end! True leadership is not found at Abbvie!!

Astute analysis! The best Abbvie can be is a far distant second to Gilead! Abbvie should have folded their tent several years ago but continued to go forward without assessing competition! As an Abbvie retiree I am sick of the stupidity and lack of courage by the management team. They all got to their positions by saying yes and kissing rear end! True leadership is not found at Abbvie!!

They couldn't fold their tent because there is nothing else in the pipeline for many years!

OMG, did I write the posting above? No, I guess not because I'm still unhappily working here. Still, your assessment is perfect. Yes men all. Aaaaaaaargh. Ass kissers all. Barrrrrrrrfff. Make it stop, please. Well, here's to hoping the place goes bankrupt, soon. Shouldn't be too long.

OMG, did I write the posting above? No, I guess not because I'm still unhappily working here. Still, your assessment is perfect. Yes men all. Aaaaaaaargh. Ass kissers all. Barrrrrrrrfff. Make it stop, please. Well, here's to hoping the place goes bankrupt, soon. Shouldn't be too long.

Not yes man or ass kisser, just following the plan. You should get with the plan friend. Launch on!

Lots of followers; no leaders. That is precisely the problem. Where is the fricking brain trust? Zombies, all; Dead men walking and unfortunately also talking. Aaaaaaaaaaaargh.

Too funny - - - management is overmatched by competition! What was their recipe for success - - - kiss arises and lick boots! They are all POSERS!! Ughhhhhhhhhhh!