• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Let's place some bets on the next Layoff date

HOw about we just do our jobs and not sit and pontificate on all this ? No one can control it anyway. It is what it is. I am sick of everyone's sense of entitlement when almost everyone on here talks about their short work days and no work days. I know I make a good paycheck and will keep working til I am told differently. Reading any of these threads tells me just how unhappy so many people are...if you are that unhappy go find another job.

HOw about we just do our jobs and not sit and pontificate on all this ? No one can control it anyway. It is what it is. I am sick of everyone's sense of entitlement when almost everyone on here talks about their short work days and no work days. I know I make a good paycheck and will keep working til I am told differently. Reading any of these threads tells me just how unhappy so many people are...if you are that unhappy go find another job.

Thanks HR Shill.

Whatever date it is, we won't have the 3 month timeframe we had last year from when we found out to when we were let go! My bet is that MH and CAS will be greatly downsized!

We certainly will get at least 3 months. They want reps to have time to find other jobs. If you leave before you are officially separated from the company you will not get severance. Company can also watch metrics like reach and frequency to weed out reps that aren't working. Don't have to pay severance package to reps that aren't in good standing or fired for performance/ policy issues. Actuaries have looked at the numbers carefully. They know what they are doing.

You use the word pontificate incorrectly. Please do not use words if you lack the knowledge to appropriately utilize them. Pontificate is somewhat of a reference to a person acting like the Pope telling them what to do in different situations. I think you meant not sit and ponder. I let you off with a warning this time!

Not HR at all. I am in the field just like all the rest of you. Just tired of all the constant bitching. Really. Go get another job. I dont think it's easy most days and I worry just like the rest of you but this constant garbage really gets old.

Thanks...for nothing...barrrrrt. Say hi to AA and DR for us. Loser.

You use the word pontificate incorrectly. Please do not use words if you lack the knowledge to appropriately utilize them. Pontificate is somewhat of a reference to a person acting like the Pope telling them what to do in different situations. I think you meant not sit and ponder. I let you off with a warning this time!

pon·tif·i·cate
verb
pänˈtifiˌkāt/
(in the Roman Catholic Church) officiate as bishop, especially at Mass.
express one's opinions in a way considered annoyingly pompous and dogmatic.
"he was pontificating about art and history"
synonyms: hold forth, expound, declaim, preach, lay down the law, sound off, dogmatize, sermonize, moralize, lecture; More
noun
noun: pontificate; plural noun: pontificates
-kət/
(in the Roman Catholic Church) the office or tenure of pope or bishop.
Origin

late Middle English (as a noun): from Latin pontificatus, from pontifex (see pontifex). The verb dates from the early 19th cent.

Please fire the BMBU manager for Indiana. She sold for two years and is delusional in her hiring choices. Young lady needs to go back inside and hangout with her husband. Nepotism is alive and well at Lilly.

Please fire the BMBU manager for Indiana. She sold for two years and is delusional in her hiring choices. Young lady needs to go back inside and hangout with her husband. Nepotism is alive and well at Lilly.

Gorski never had an eye for talent. He's a backstabbing yes man. Shocking he would hire zero talent....

If we're having another layoff, why are they still filling open sales positions? They've always done a hiring freeze before an anticipated layoff...

No they haven't. Positions were filled last time and all the mgr needed was an ok from the SD and HR and got it every time. Your thinking the first and second layoff.

Close but not exactly and it will be mostly CAS and MH but DBU and BMBU won't come through unscathed. Will be based on needs of each territory. First two divisions income don't justify their own divisions. PC can go into the high decile specialty offices (just like PC is doing for Psychs right now) plus we get to unload all of the managers salaries and benefits. Way too many reps in diabetes offices (doctors are complaining) so that will be reduced based on each specific territory. BMBU running out of drugs to sell. SF will be expanded to cover more of their offices. Re-read this at the end of the summer and you will see I was right.

Little scary.....because they're currently expanding SF to cover more of our offices. So at least one thing in this post is right so far