• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Let's place some bets on the next Layoff date

<

Who wants to take a guess at the next layoff date. I'll take the first guess:

September 11th, 2014.

Close but not exactly and it will be mostly CAS and MH but DBU and BMBU won't come through unscathed. Will be based on needs of each territory. First two divisions income don't justify their own divisions. PC can go into the high decile specialty offices (just like PC is doing for Psychs right now) plus we get to unload all of the managers salaries and benefits. Way too many reps in diabetes offices (doctors are complaining) so that will be reduced based on each specific territory. BMBU running out of drugs to sell. SF will be expanded to cover more of their offices. Re-read this at the end of the summer and you will see I was right.

Managers who are now reps or rehired as managers are gone, Amyvid reps gone, Biosciences cut in half, men's health gone, diabetes cut in half. Company needs to save money especially in light of new $3B fine , people are dispensable can always hire new ones at lower wages when needed. This is not your father' s Lilly.
Insider

Managers who are now reps or rehired as managers are gone, Amyvid reps gone, Biosciences cut in half, men's health gone, diabetes cut in half. Company needs to save money especially in light of new $3B fine , people are dispensable can always hire new ones at lower wages when needed. This is not your father' s Lilly.
Insider

We're looking at notify in July let go in September somewhere in the vicinity of 900-1100 heads.

HR person

Insider

You left out CAS

Whatever date it is, we won't have the 3 month timeframe we had last year from when we found out to when we were let go! My bet is that MH and CAS will be greatly downsized!