• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Layoff?

Finally someone on this ridiculous board who is intelligent and can write. Agree with most of the points above. So the price for Medicare did come out: Jardiance current price of $537 to a Medicare negotiated price of $197 (ouch). BTW this starts in 2026. The Farxiga generic is absolute fact: Multiple generics coming out in October 2025 (a pharmacist in my are received a letter).
So the only possible prayer is that somehow generic Farxiga can be delayed through some sort of legal action (the government has been cracking down on this). Bottom line: How quickly does Farxiga penetrate the market and how soon does Zeeland pharma GLP1 take to come out? I agree with the author of this piece, there will be a BI sales force but there will be a reduction in numbers. This could happen as early as December 2024 or maybe 2Q 2025. When a generic comes out companies always cut the sales force. Not trying to scare anybody, just be realistic and do what's best for your career.
Won’t be a true Farxiga generic until Q2 26 with a pediatric extension. And if it goes generic Q2 it won’t be multi sourced until probably Oct 26. Reps should worry about January 2027. My best guess is there will be some trims made and def deeper cuts by Q4 26 that are effective 1/1/27. A lot riding on pending launches for ILD, Mental Health and obesity, getting into the obesity market is gonna be a fight as Lilly and Novo have big head start and solid data.

As for the IRA MFP, BI dodged a big bullet. The ‘negotiated’ rebate could have been a lot closer to 70+% (which is where many commercial rebates are).

Won’t be a true Farxiga generic until Q2 26 with a pediatric extension. And if it goes generic Q2 it won’t be multi sourced until probably Oct 26. Reps should worry about January 2027. My best guess is there will be some trims made and def deeper cuts by Q4 26 that are effective 1/1/27. A lot riding on pending launches for ILD, Mental Health and obesity, getting into the obesity market is gonna be a fight as Lilly and Novo have big head start and solid data.

As for the IRA MFP, BI dodged a big bullet. The ‘negotiated’ rebate could have been a lot closer to 70+% (which is where many commercial rebates are).
are you saying the PBM will not receive a rebate on the new negotiated IRA price?