• Fri news: New Novo obesity prospect linked to psychiatric side effects. Summit beats Keytruda in NSCLC. DermaSensor skin cancer detection device. Astellas digital health product. Sanofi MS data. See more on our front page

Is BMS really all that different from other big pharma companies?

anonymous

Normal sh*t talking aside, is BMS really all that bad compared to other big companies? If yes, how so? Seems posts on here are not just negative, but downright toxic for the most part.

<

The culture is toxic. It's the most toxic, most inept, organization I have ever worked for. The decision making is mind boggling stupid. It's so stupid that it makes one doubt reality. Like how the hell can such clueless, toxic, inept, people be put into positions of responsibility and never, ever, deliver, and be allowed to do so to the detriment of their department?

Normal sh*t talking aside, is BMS really all that bad compared to other big companies? If yes, how so? Seems posts on here are not just negative, but downright toxic for the most part.

Only different in that in the home office you can recieve an award for properly tying your shoes, other than that, no different.

The culture is toxic. It's the most toxic, most inept, organization I have ever worked for. The decision making is mind boggling stupid. It's so stupid that it makes one doubt reality. Like how the hell can such clueless, toxic, inept, people be put into positions of responsibility and never, ever, deliver, and be allowed to do so to the detriment of their department?

this is 1000% correct. If you have ever seen the band at the end of the movie Animal House marching blindly down an alley, that’s BMS. Zero leadership or business driven decision making rather it is all for their own personal well-being with consequences for failure doled out to the poor saps who work for them. This place is unlike other pharmas because it will never change. Other companies eventually recognize the cultural rot and bring in new CEOs from the outside to not only transform the business operations but the failed leadership and culture. As long as you have losers like Gio, Boerner and Lerch running this place, that will never happen because they individually have too much to lose and for it to happen would require leadership, selflessness and business acumen of which they have none. Want my proof? Look at how they diluted all the value from the Celgene deal, chose to divest Otezla, and the awful launches over the past 5 yrs. Any other company would have fired these clowns already but here, they simply promote themselves.

this is 1000% correct. If you have ever seen the band at the end of the movie Animal House marching blindly down an alley, that’s BMS. Zero leadership or business driven decision making rather it is all for their own personal well-being with consequences for failure doled out to the poor saps who work for them. This place is unlike other pharmas because it will never change. Other companies eventually recognize the cultural rot and bring in new CEOs from the outside to not only transform the business operations but the failed leadership and culture. As long as you have losers like Gio, Boerner and Lerch running this place, that will never happen because they individually have too much to lose and for it to happen would require leadership, selflessness and business acumen of which they have none. Want my proof? Look at how they diluted all the value from the Celgene deal, chose to divest Otezla, and the awful launches over the past 5 yrs. Any other company would have fired these clowns already but here, they simply promote themselves.

if you think BMS is unlike any other company you’d be correct. In what universe would underperforming underwhelming types such as Boerner, Lerch, Rowinski, Mangene, Black Lung et al continue to be employed and even rewarded as they are? This is a cult I’d self importance and impotence. These people couldn’t find a padded wall in psych ward. Throw in Lanciotti for good measure. He’s so much more than ineffective, he’s also a douche

It's all relative. BMS has some good qualities IMO. I came from a big Pharma company that was worse in many respects. That said, BMS certainly has it's problems.