• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Interviewing

anonymous

INBU sells Enbrel for what two indications to Rhem/ Derms? Psoratic arthritis and what else? Interviewing for position. Mgr seems great, as does company in lots of ways. Just looking for honest feedback. Insurance, vacation all seem excellent. Curious about pay scale? Assuming the typical fleet vehicle, etc? Thanks for info!

<

INBU sells Enbrel for what two indications to Rhem/ Derms? Psoratic arthritis and what else? Interviewing for position. Mgr seems great, as does company in lots of ways. Just looking for honest feedback. Insurance, vacation all seem excellent. Curious about pay scale? Assuming the typical fleet vehicle, etc? Thanks for info!

When is your interview? I'm in the same situation

Selling Enbrel is like selling a Walkman n a world where everyone listens to streaming music via a smartphone.

INBU is terrible. You will not grow a 19 year old drug and its access is declining. Price increases cannot hide its declining share.

The benefits, pay and unreasonable stresss trying to drug with no new data in over 10 years and no doctor wants you to detail. It's like detail a ford t model car when people want hybrids.

Just came on board myself in a different division. The things that stuck out to me is that shut down between July 4 AND Christmas and if you put in 5% to the 401(k) Amgen will put in 10% which killed everybody else that I interviewed with .

Supposedly company cars are supposed be Volvos.

Just came on board myself in a different division. The things that stuck out to me is that shut down between July 4 AND Christmas and if you put in 5% to the 401(k) Amgen will put in 10% which killed everybody else that I interviewed with .

Supposedly company cars are supposed be Volvos.

These legacy benefits are great but once you hate your life everyday, these benefits are meaningless.

Amgen is run by lawyers and fear rules the day. Just know that working under a corporate integrity agreement (CIA) in this industry is severely crippling in EVERY WAY. Combine the CIA with INCOMPETENT leadership at best and you have a perfect storm for misery. CIA + creativity is an oxymoron and simply don't fit together. Not that the culture and management at Amgen exudes creativity. This is a draining and toxic environment to work. Trust me!

2 shutdowns are great, and you get 15 days vacation a year--accrued. Company cars change every 6 months. I wish they'd stick with the same cars for awhile. The 2 shut downs are awesome. You do have personal days for illness or family matters.

The 401 K match is awesome. It does beat most Companies.

Amgen, though, is not biotech. It is big Pharma. The pay isn't that great for supposed "biotech". You can negotiate better at other biotech like Regeneron, Genzyme and Genentech.

Selling Enbrel is tough--especially in Derm. The Dr.'s are over it. Derms write little so we focus on the few rheums we have who still write Enbrel. Market is declining and so is market share. They are not contracting well. We keep losing on plans. It's a struggle, but it's a decent job.