• Wed news: Lilly’s 4.5B medicine foundry project. 5 FDA decisions to watch in Q4. Hurricane Helene and the health supply chain. Lundbeck taps Charles River for AI-enabled neuro drug discovery. Amgen tax evasion lawsuit. See more on our front page

Immunology Sales Position

The above is mostly CRAP. Only agree start salary of 150K is about 10K too high. Next we will not do pods of 3 til April...figure thru Feb only as reorgs start in Feb. Salary jump at 6 mo. is a fact, and if non performer you will be terminated within 12 mo max. You get choice of company car or use yours if insured to Co. requirements.

Lastly yes you are only a 'lowly' rep but remember your DM controls your career so treat them very well, respect, personal favors, gifts etc.

And you get a pet ferret. Wonderful!

Senior DM here: I just read this post and am frankly OUTRAGED by the crap this f'ing idiot dickhead posted. My boys all make $130-145K plus bonus. When I interview for a position I provide full disclosure. I also cover for my poor performers (laggards) so that they meet their numbers. The DM is the core of this company and make no mistake, almost any sales rep (some merely shelf stockers) can be replaced with a high school grad and some training by the DM.
DM’s the core of the company?!? Bhahahaha. That is funny

I would stead clear. I was was put out after cardio care and looking to come back to Humira. My friends selling Humira said to stay away. They are in Rheumatology. Said company is expanding for 3 reps per territory for share of voice. They have 30 to 50 doctors total with limited acccess and already can’t get two people in consistently. The third will make if even more impossible. It’s likely to begin making access more difficult as offices continue to have access problems. This model is not sustainable and likely will lay off in 2 years or so once they see. Just what I’m hearing in the street. She said reps managers and some regionals think it’s insane and recipe for disaster but above rm no one is listnening.
that is a crazy and really stupid model! This isn’t primary care of 20 years ago

I come from a small pharma company and trying to get into a larger company. I have applied to a position in my area. For someone wanting to get into a larger company, do you see this as a good move?

If you're not white, you're not getting a call back. They're extremely racists here. The whites only hire other whites. Just look at the LinkedIn accounts. I work here btw and it's 95% or more whites in the sales force top to bottom. Good luck!

For the right candidate we can go as high as 170k base- most will get in the 135-140k range. Sign on bonus of 15-30k.
I’m just going to edit this in the interest of truth. See appropriate corrections:

For the willing candidate we can go as high as 110k base- most will get in the 90-105k range. Sign on bonus is a fucking pipedream.

Nothing to sneeze at, but your podmates are probably getting the aforementioned figures. Enjoy your contempt. Yum