How much time does Respiratory have left?

Look how long have they kept Cardiology around. They have been loosing coverage and money for years. If you think they are helping with Jardiance, you are nuts. This speaks well for the longevity of the respiratory team.

Psssstttttt.....the marketing dolls was a huuuuuggee deal. It’s called desperation son. It’s called “we are out of ideas and we don’t know wtf we are doing in marketing anyway” lol. Can you see a reputable company like Pfizer, Amgen, GSK, AZ, etc actually sending their sales people out with action figure dolls to sell to their physicians? Of course not.
Look company man, respiratory is OVER. There’s nothing in the pipeline, we have nothing to combat a competitor that out grew all of our respiratory products combined in just 6 months and our marketing is some of the worst in the business. Not to mention we just keep losing formulary coverage and will lose more next year.
But yeah, you keep thinking everything is great and we are one of the best companies ever lmao.

Nothing is ever great anywhere PSSST #wakeup. the difference between you and I, I'm not complaining.. Simply leave dear or just shut up.

Psssstttttt.....the marketing dolls was a huuuuuggee deal. It’s called desperation son. It’s called “we are out of ideas and we don’t know wtf we are doing in marketing anyway” lol. Can you see a reputable company like Pfizer, Amgen, GSK, AZ, etc actually sending their sales people out with action figure dolls to sell to their physicians? Of course not.
Look company man, respiratory is OVER. There’s nothing in the pipeline, we have nothing to combat a competitor that out grew all of our respiratory products combined in just 6 months and our marketing is some of the worst in the business. Not to mention we just keep losing formulary coverage and will lose more next year.
But yeah, you keep thinking everything is great and we are one of the best companies ever lmao.
Whoa? I worked for two of the companies you mentioned and their blunders loom large. OP you don't know what you're talking about. Is BI the only company you've been with?

Look how long have they kept Cardiology around. They have been loosing coverage and money for years. If you think they are helping with Jardiance, you are nuts. This speaks well for the longevity of the respiratory team.

I think Jardiance is making just a wee bit more money than Stiolto lmao. Oh and Spiriva Asthma and Spiriva Respimat. Just a smidge lmao. Good lord surely you can see the difference between the two.

But thanks for agreeing with me that our company is cheap AF

Whoa? I worked for two of the companies you mentioned and their blunders loom large. OP you don't know what you're talking about. Is BI the only company you've been with?

Look bud, none of the reputable companies have given their sales force dolls to sell their medicine with or blow job tubes for everybody to spit and slobber in which btw like 1% of providers actually tried lmao.

Keep fighting the fight though little company man

I think Jardiance is making just a wee bit more money than Stiolto lmao. Oh and Spiriva Asthma and Spiriva Respimat. Just a smidge lmao. Good lord surely you can see the difference between the two.

But thanks for agreeing with me that our company is cheap AF

Jardiance makes more than Spiriva now!! Just not in Cardiology.

As others have said, Jardiance makes way more than those crappy products. Jardiance will currently makes more than Spiriva COPD Rspt (keep in mind most Rxs are still HH), Stiolto, and Spv Asthma all combined together. Cardiology was kept around for a good reason. Getting cardiologists on board with all the cardio data from Jardiance. There will soon be even more cardio data to be discussed with heart failure. We are at the same company, I really wish you the best, but I don't think it's realistic. Resp is going away soon. Sorry and best of luck.

As others have said, Jardiance makes way more than those crappy products. Jardiance will currently makes more than Spiriva COPD Rspt (keep in mind most Rxs are still HH), Stiolto, and Spv Asthma all combined together. Cardiology was kept around for a good reason. Getting cardiologists on board with all the cardio data from Jardiance. There will soon be even more cardio data to be discussed with heart failure. We are at the same company, I really wish you the best, but I don't think it's realistic. Resp is going away soon. Sorry and best of luck.

Agree 100%. Interesting how so many people in respiratory are trying to move over to the diabetes side. Wonder why that is?
SP HH is what keeps respiratory afloat and they really don’t need reps for HH prescriptions. Trelegy asthma indication will soon kill SP & ST. Sorry but it’s almost over. Y’all keep hanging on though

Why does anyone think respiratory is ok or ok for even 5 years?

Pipeline is empty. Don’t want hear about small market severe asthma that might get approved in 4 years. That’ll be large territories with a handful of reps. IF it makes it to an already crowded market.

Marketing is atrocious and embarrassing and late reacting and desperately out of ideas. Our marketing department is very remedial and not up to pharmaceutical standards.

Convince me why Respiratory will be here past 3 maybe 4 years. I’ll listen..

Another Triple and LABA / LAMA about to hit the market brought out by a real Pharma company
Rest in Mist

Who is the triple & LAMA/LABA?

I know AZ has a triple but it wasn’t approved and the FDA wants more info. They’ll still get it approved though and it’ll just be more noise about Triple therapy.

But who’s the new LAMA/LABA

Yeah I’m not seeing how respiratory makes it but 3-4 more years myself. Definitely won’t go 5 years or more. Trelegy will continue to grow and the Lama/Laba market has been killed by Trelegy. It’s not growing anymore which wasn’t expected a couple of years ago. We can only convert so much HH to Respimat. SP asthma is just peanuts.

The pipeline is empty. And I also do think Trelegy asthma indication will really kill of SP Respimat because it’ll cover both mixed asthma, asthma and copd so primary care will just go to Trelegy to cover it all.

sucks. I’m here til the end only because of the pension

Here what I think will happen. I think we will dwindle down in respiratory like Sanofi did in their diabetes sales force. We will keep respiratory reps but in about 2 years (maybe 3 years..maybe) we will reduce head count and our territories will become much much larger. At first 1 rep will cover the equivalent of 2 territories and only see the higher volume prescribers and let’s face it most of our call panel now is pretty useles now. Then the next step is 1 rep will cover the equivalent of 3 territories. Now that way we probably do have about 5 years left.

I love our respiratory division. I’ve been in it for years. Yes our marketing is really lacking and we are not committed to winning but the atmosphere is great. You think they’ll cut you loose knowing how hard it will be to find even a decent rep to take our job knowing there’s absolutely nothing in the pipeline. For once we have all the leverage, even though it’s for a short amount of time.

But in response to this thread, yes Respiratory is working on limited time. How long? I don’t know, it depends on what is happening in the market and if we lose any more formulary important coverage plans. If we hold steady on formulary coverage then I think 3-4 years.

I mean we can only convert so much HH to Respimat and that LANA market will start shrinking in the future. The LABA/LAMA market was flattened by the intro of Trelegy so not much business there. And of course NO pipeline.

So it’s easy to figure this one out. Good luck to all. Just relax and enjoy the next few years cause there’s absolutely no pressure on you and they know it’ll be hard as hell to replace you. Anyone taking this job today abd moving forward is like taking a 3 year contract job so it’ll be low quality reps

I love our respiratory division. I’ve been in it for years. Yes our marketing is really lacking and we are not committed to winning but the atmosphere is great. You think they’ll cut you loose knowing how hard it will be to find even a decent rep to take our job knowing there’s absolutely nothing in the pipeline. For once we have all the leverage, even though it’s for a short amount of time.

But in response to this thread, yes Respiratory is working on limited time. How long? I don’t know, it depends on what is happening in the market and if we lose any more formulary important coverage plans. If we hold steady on formulary coverage then I think 3-4 years.

I mean we can only convert so much HH to Respimat and that LANA market will start shrinking in the future. The LABA/LAMA market was flattened by the intro of Trelegy so not much business there. And of course NO pipeline.

So it’s easy to figure this one out. Good luck to all. Just relax and enjoy the next few years cause there’s absolutely no pressure on you and they know it’ll be hard as hell to replace you. Anyone taking this job today abd moving forward is like taking a 3 year contract job so it’ll be low quality reps
1.5 year tops, pops.

Let’s face it whether you like Fleetwood Mac and go your own way with Anoro
Or you’re a Jackson 5 fan and find Trelegy easy as 123. Chances are your doctor’s not recommending a BIPI product. Maybe Striverdi - ? Combivent oh wait a minute it’s not covered

Why doesn't marketing pay for DTC TV Commercials? And why don't we outsource our marketing?

because BI is too cheap. Plus they’re just trying to squeeze the last bit of juice out of respiratory so no sense on spending money on DTC. Heck we def aren’t spending it on formulary coverage lmao.
Two diff philosophies between BI & GSK. GSK is in it to win it. BI wants to just not suck too badly.

because BI is too cheap. Plus they’re just trying to squeeze the last bit of juice out of respiratory so no sense on spending money on DTC. Heck we def aren’t spending it on formulary coverage lmao.
Two diff philosophies between BI & GSK. GSK is in it to win it. BI wants to just not suck too badly.

Right....sure...

Oh Mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head
And as I climb into an empty bed
Oh well. Enough said.
I know it's over - still I cling
I don't know where else I can go
Oh...