• Fri news: New Novo obesity prospect linked to psychiatric side effects. Summit beats Keytruda in NSCLC. DermaSensor skin cancer detection device. Astellas digital health product. Sanofi MS data. See more on our front page

How Long Until Novo Has to Layoff

Look, you can say it’s all lies, but all the signs are there. There’s been too much redundancy already, and you add in all the impact of covid 19 on access now and moving forward. Frankly, we’d be fools to keep chugging along with business as usual.

I hate to say it, but I think this is right. I'd love to hear an argument against this to give me some more hope.

We are launching a drug
Pls relax
Stop the panic
Cost cutting no ic while sitting at home and no promotions

We’re slaves to the shareholders. Cutting IC and not promoting people doesn’t deliver the kind of savings we’ll need, and the expectations for growth for a drug launch are already baked into our forecast - it’s not like that’s just found money for the year.

You cut IC and quit promoting to see who will leave in their own. After that, you offer voluntary furloughs, then mandatory furloughs, then layoffs. That’s the formula virtually every company is following right now to cut costs. What makes you think we’re immune to a collapsing economy?

No one is panicking. It’s just common sense. Understanding what’s likely to happen is just being pragmatic.

I hope they get the lay offs right. If you feel your being targeted when we are back to field then go to HR. It works . Ask MSQZ or email him. He backed off like the B@&TCH he is a few times.

We’re slaves to the shareholders. Cutting IC and not promoting people doesn’t deliver the kind of savings we’ll need, and the expectations for growth for a drug launch are already baked into our forecast - it’s not like that’s just found money for the year.

You cut IC and quit promoting to see who will leave in their own. After that, you offer voluntary furloughs, then mandatory furloughs, then layoffs. That’s the formula virtually every company is following right now to cut costs. What makes you think we’re immune to a collapsing economy?

No one is panicking. It’s just common sense. Understanding what’s likely to happen is just being pragmatic.
Well said, NNI isn't any different than other companies. We need to save more money, start rotating furloughs. Three people in a pod? One off June, 2nd off July, Third August. Two in a pod same thing. Then of course get rid of DEs who mind you have ALL been furloughed in the majority of our systems; HSAMS next, then ACLS. I am not clear why there are so many. And, offices are already starting to be annoyed with virtual world.

Yes, FedEx. 2018 was one of the biggest layoffs. It affected all areas of the field.

Sounds like this year's "reorganization" will be huge (Trump's voice). The only reason they never had one last year was because of oral semaglutide launch. This year's layoffs will include the suspended 2019 reorganization.

Start networking and brush up that resume.

OMG---yes. I totally forgot about that. Wasnt it sent fedex or something.

Yes, FedEx. 2018 was one of the biggest layoffs. It affected all areas of the field.

Sounds like this year's "reorganization" will be huge (Trump's voice). The only reason they never had one last year was because of oral semaglutide launch. This year's layoffs will include the suspended 2019 reorganization.

Start networking and brush up that resume.

Agree, but where you going to find a job in this pandemic? I am all for getting out and being prepared, but we are so essential, who is gonna pay....