• Tue news: 23andMe CEO no longer open to takeover. mRNA vaccines may boost cancer immunotherapy. BMS beats $6.4B lawsuit. CVS Health layoffs and potential breakup. JNJ abandoning proposed 340b plan. See more on our front page

How is Medtronic's culture now? Has it improved?

Suggestion: How about instead of stonewalling an employee with a distracting canned phrase, management provides a relevant "lessons learned" report?

That would be a good start. Wonder if it could happen in the next few months.

Does Omar know what a pile of shit he has for execs and vps in the various sectors?

... Should be the same way you approach customers. Make them feel in control of the situation.....tee it up for them. It is a hard skill to acquire but if you practice this technique you will be successful.

Hope you are being sarcastic here. I don't come to work to baby-sit my managers although unfortunately it seems that way all too often. The most frustrating part of working at Medtronic is to see the incompetent and petty managers getting away with their petty political moves and even getting promoted regularly!

Hope you are being sarcastic here. I don't come to work to baby-sit my managers although unfortunately it seems that way all too often. The most frustrating part of working at Medtronic is to see the incompetent and petty managers getting away with their petty political moves and even getting promoted regularly!

I don't see this happening anywhere in my area. Sorry that's your perception.

Must be one of the incompetent a-whole useless managers answering ?..
Nope, just a very happy MDT employee working in a team oriented region. Accepting my role and the responsibilities of being a strong contributor. Realizing my position has obstacles that are removable and it is my job to move them. I simply choose to see my job in that manner. Could care less how you choose to view yours or whoever you want to blame your poor situation on.

Nope, just a very happy MDT employee working in a team oriented region. Accepting my role and the responsibilities of being a strong contributor. Realizing my position has obstacles that are removable and it is my job to move them. I simply choose to see my job in that manner. Could care less how you choose to view yours or whoever you want to blame your poor situation on.

You'll be singing a different tune after you are rif'd. Clearly, you haven't been around too long...

I used to be like this.

Watch out someday for an irresponsible manager who sees your good-natured and responsible behavior and starts taking advantage of it by trying to pin their ridiculous failings onto you. Just be vigilant. It can start out as subtle, but it can become extreme. When you see it, it's time to leave. Don't waste any time trying to make your own case. The manager holds all the cards and will even spontaneously invent new cards as needed.

Watch out someday for an irresponsible manager who sees your good-natured and responsible behavior and starts taking advantage of it by trying to pin their ridiculous failings onto you. Just be vigilant. It can start out as subtle, but it can become extreme. When you see it, it's time to leave. Don't waste any time trying to make your own case. The manager holds all the cards and will even spontaneously invent new cards as needed.

Unless you have an HR card to play. Then the manager will be presumed to be wrong, discriminatory, racist, sexist, domineering, and oppressive. And it will go on his/her record. Get HR on your side and you're golden. Try whining about the manager and see how receptive HR will be (no matter whether your whining is "justified" or "valid" or has any basis in reality/facts).

Unless you have an HR card to play. Then the manager will be presumed to be wrong, discriminatory, racist, sexist, domineering, and oppressive. And it will go on his/her record. Get HR on your side and you're golden. Try whining about the manager and see how receptive HR will be (no matter whether your whining is "justified" or "valid" or has any basis in reality/facts).

Don't bother playing an HR card, even if you have a real cause for one. It's just not worth the risk of retaliation. Just pretend you have a new passion and get out gracefully. Leave the problem with the department/company.

Bullshit, you're dreaming

Mentally ill managers like this should be shown the door.