• Tue news: 23andMe CEO no longer open to takeover. mRNA vaccines may boost cancer immunotherapy. BMS beats $6.4B lawsuit. CVS Health layoffs and potential breakup. JNJ abandoning proposed 340b plan. See more on our front page

How is Medtronic's culture now? Has it improved?

Would this person's career advice be typical at MDT, then?

Hell no.....Career advice from a weak individual blaming their professional regression on everyone else but themselves. This the comment I responded to ---"Don't trust anyone - including the one you think you can trust. Definitely, stay clear from the manipulative and two-faced individuals. Everyone has heard of such individuals or works with one. Limit your interactions to work-related."

This is a cowardly approach and I promise you won't be around long if you act this way. This person did practice this and failed to engage with staff and was let go.

Hell no.....Career advice from a weak individual blaming their professional regression on everyone else but themselves. This the comment I responded to ---"Don't trust anyone - including the one you think you can trust. Definitely, stay clear from the manipulative and two-faced individuals. Everyone has heard of such individuals or works with one. Limit your interactions to work-related."

This is a cowardly approach and I promise you won't be around long if you act this way. This person did practice this and failed to engage with staff and was let go.

I also fail to engage with people who cannot be trusted. Most people do the same. It's healthy to "fail" in this way.

I also fail to engage with people who cannot be trusted. Most people do the same. It's healthy to "fail" in this way.

If you had confidence in your professional skills and were able to perform at the levels expected there would be no reason to keep responding to these comments. You now have resorted to blaming your peers and strayed from the point of this thread which was about race/gender bias and the perceived poor culture of MDT.

You have diluted your issue to "not getting along with your peers" this exists in any company.

If you had confidence in your professional skills and were able to perform at the levels expected there would be no reason to keep responding to these comments. You now have resorted to blaming your peers and strayed from the point of this thread which was about race/gender bias and the perceived poor culture of MDT.

You have diluted your issue to "not getting along with your peers" this exists in any company.

We're right on thread, mr. manager. Your arrogance defines the very culture that exists. The topic of culture has nothing to do with race/gender bias till the last few posts. Has to do with culture - an integrated pattern of behaviors that are acceptable. Management defines what's acceptable, directly or subversively. And candor, puhhleeez. Remember when that was the hot topic? The poor souls who bought into that one got whacked. The culture that exists right now is one of survival and mistrust. Musical chairs...don't be left without a chair. Positions are dwindling and jobs will be lost. You infer that performance matters. Most wish it did. Nobody trusts....see above.

I'm not who you think I am. And I have something to tell you. If you had confidence in your professional skills and were able to perform at the levels expected, there would be no reason to keep responding to these comments! Also, you seem like a gross person.

I'm not who you think I am. And I have something to tell you. If you had confidence in your professional skills and were able to perform at the levels expected, there would be no reason to keep responding to these comments! Also, you seem like a gross person.
Your last statement defines your true character and your limited ability to make your point. You feel you have to make the final comment to satisfy your bitterness towards others and give yourself the false sense of accomplishment. Hope you enjoyed yourself.

We're right on thread, mr. manager. Your arrogance defines the very culture that exists. The topic of culture has nothing to do with race/gender bias till the last few posts. Has to do with culture - an integrated pattern of behaviors that are acceptable. Management defines what's acceptable, directly or subversively. And candor, puhhleeez. Remember when that was the hot topic? The poor souls who bought into that one got whacked. The culture that exists right now is one of survival and mistrust. Musical chairs...don't be left without a chair. Positions are dwindling and jobs will be lost. You infer that performance matters. Most wish it did. Nobody trusts....see above.

I'm interested in your comment of culture of mistrust. Survival is a part of any culture so I have liitle interest on how that concerns this thread. Explain the mistrust.

Your last statement defines your true character and your limited ability to make your point. You feel you have to make the final comment to satisfy your bitterness towards others and give yourself the false sense of accomplishment. Hope you enjoyed yourself.

A doy. I'm a troll! And I think you're gross person. I hope you're able to work on that until you meet my standards. You will be gross until further notice from me.

...... If you had confidence in your professional skills and were able to perform at the levels expected, there would be no reason to keep responding to these comments!.

I can't help it but to jump in to your exchanges here... it appears you forgot to assess your feed on your self first... correct me here if I am wrong but aren't you doing the same thing??? If the relationship you are making between "professional skills ...and keep responding to comments is true, you're indicating you don't have the confidence in your professional skills and aren't able to perform at the levels expected neither! how stupid!

I'm interested in your comment of culture of mistrust. Survival is a part of any culture so I have liitle interest on how that concerns this thread. Explain the mistrust.

That feeling you get when you watch your manager smoothly offer up a self-serving lie that reflects poorly on yourself or your team members, and there's nothing you can do about it, because it's all about covering for your manager, or else. Loyalty cannot be to the company, because if you stick you neck out, the company will not see your point, and they'll assume you're a troublemaker. After all, the manager is there to vouch for that.

That feeling you get when you watch your manager smoothly offer up a self-serving lie that reflects poorly on yourself or your team members, and there's nothing you can do about it, because it's all about covering for your manager, or else. Loyalty cannot be to the company, because if you stick you neck out, the company will not see your point, and they'll assume you're a troublemaker. After all, the manager is there to vouch for that.

Only most managers here will not provide cover for you. Majority of those that did are gone

I can't help it but to jump in to your exchanges here... it appears you forgot to assess your feed on your self first... correct me here if I am wrong but aren't you doing the same thing??? If the relationship you are making between "professional skills ...and keep responding to comments is true, you're indicating you don't have the confidence in your professional skills and aren't able to perform at the levels expected neither! how stupid!

Had I started this thread, which I did not, you might have made sense, but you did not. That's what you get for jumping in the middle of something you know little about. You see, you must determine what came first, the chicken, or the egg? You must know the answer to this before engaging in the middle of any conversation. If you invest in the content from the beginning, not the demeanor in which it is conveyed, I might invite you to join in.

Had I started this thread, which I did not, you might have made sense, but you did not. That's what you get for jumping in the middle of something you know little about. You see, you must determine what came first, the chicken, or the egg? You must know the answer to this before engaging in the middle of any conversation. If you invest in the content from the beginning, not the demeanor in which it is conveyed, I might invite you to join in.

Entertaining.