For Those Who Were RETAINED- Do You Wish You Were Severed?

<

Wish I was let go? No not really. I try not to let novartis define who I am. This is just a job. 2 weeks ago I worked for a company with old products. Come Monday it will be the same just 2000 people gone. I hope to find something new this summer.

For my particular circumstance I felt like being retained would be a slap in the face. I was retained. I am working on getting out of Novartis and this industry as quickly as possible.

You use the word Retained...It should be Detained, l am one that was set free, not severed, Yes there is some anxiety and frustration with this crap, however, there is a sigh of relief that I dont have to put up with the bullshit this industry has become. My next move is to find a career where I am appreciated and valued. Detainees, I wish you well in your own Gitmo...or Nitmo?

You use the word Retained...It should be Detained, l am one that was set free, not severed, Yes there is some anxiety and frustration with this crap, however, there is a sigh of relief that I dont have to put up with the bullshit this industry has become. My next move is to find a career where I am appreciated and valued. Detainees, I wish you well in your own Gitmo...or Nitmo?

LOL!!! This post is classic!
I was let go in '09 and what a blessing it was!! Get certified to become a digital health record trainer. I work for EPIC in Madison, WI and its awesome! Once certified you can write your own check! They actually like pharma reps because for the most part we have solid presentation skills. The pharma industry is a joke!
There are not enough trainers to go around so act fast my friends and trust me when I say that this is the best thing to happen to you since you entered the once glorious PARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY!!
good Luck!!

I thought for sure I was gone....no, still here but wanted to be gone from this hell
Heartbreaking to see what has happened to this company. There is no coming back from the abyss. Novartis is done as one of the top companies..sorry to say

Yeah, I'm sad I was retained making 92 a year w full benefits, car, gas, vacation & bonuses. Are you high? Where I live I'm a freaking king! I have no mortgage and am closing on my ninth rental property next Tuesday. Not if, but WHEN I get displaced or layed off or whatever, I'll have about 80% of my income "retained" from real estate. Most jackasses in this industry, hell, EVERY industry I'd bet, never plan ahead.

At first yes I was, I wanted to remain employed...based on my situation and EVERY situation is different. So when the call came I was relieved to be retained...now...I wish I was gone. My job now...finding something else...so what I did not get the "package" . I just want to be happy...

LOL!!! This post is classic!
I was let go in '09 and what a blessing it was!! Get certified to become a digital health record trainer. I work for EPIC in Madison, WI and its awesome! Once certified you can write your own check! They actually like pharma reps because for the most part we have solid presentation skills. The pharma industry is a joke!
There are not enough trainers to go around so act fast my friends and trust me when I say that this is the best thing to happen to you since you entered the once glorious PARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY!!
good Luck!!

GREAT POST!! Thank you. I wish there were more like it. Can you please elaborate on this job description. Do you sub-contract? How long was the certification process? Salary potential? Good for you for not folding up !!

$110K salary, bonus, benefits, "flexible" hours, free lunch, car. Heck yeah, and absolutely devatated that I am forced to keep my job, rather than getting my 275 week in unemployment.