To all of those who were let go...thank you!

I just got back from two weeks in the Bahamas and am starting a new job in two weeks. This layoff period has been then best month of my adult life! While you're suffering in Las Vegas, I'm sleeping in and going to the gym in the middle of the day. What bliss!

Sleeping in and going to the gym in the middle of the day? So you weren't displaced?!

I just want you to know that your sacrifice was not on vain. Your loss has freed up much needed dollars so NPC could purchase all of us Blackberry's and a data plan.

So as you feverishly work on your resume and stress about how to pay your bills, please know that its all for the greater good.

to the O.P.

That was just mean.

To those laid off, I am sorry on behalf of this tool who has no idea of how tough a time many are suffering through.

Cruelty because you got a Blackberry?!?! Sad.

to the fucking first post, whoever you are, my hope is that you get run over by a car and you become paralyzed. IM NOT KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!! you fucking prick!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I am mean, been around a long time and will be around until I am ready to leave. I was demoted to MS director and will hire only friends, family and anyone else who can provide a benefit to me for hiring them. CM

Seriously? new phones....is it worth the sh-- sandwich you need to choke down everyday? I got a new job that doesn't even start til May 15, add my 30k severance. Then add the free health insurance that I won't need to pay for in the first year of my new job, the car allowance that puts a lot of money in my pocket and most importantly I feel so much better not being affiliated with the toxic culture of Novartis. I mean none of the current Novartis people any ill-will but if you think things are better there, you are so wrong. To be perfectly honest if we got minimal severance we STILL would be better off. I have not spoken to one displaced Novartis employee who was not happier allready. Good luck to all of you.

Seriously? new phones....is it worth the sh-- sandwich you need to choke down everyday? I got a new job that doesn't even start til May 15, add my 30k severance. Then add the free health insurance that I won't need to pay for in the first year of my new job, the car allowance that puts a lot of money in my pocket and most importantly I feel so much better not being affiliated with the toxic culture of Novartis. I mean none of the current Novartis people any ill-will but if you think things are better there, you are so wrong. To be perfectly honest if we got minimal severance we STILL would be better off. I have not spoken to one displaced Novartis employee who was not happier allready. Good luck to all of you.

REALLY? WHERE ARE ALL THE JOBS? I KNOW ALOT OF US DISPLACED REPS AREN'T HAPPIER BECAUSE WE CAN'T FIND SH*T FOR A JOB AND WE HAVE BILLS TO PAY

to the fucking first post, whoever you are, my hope is that you get run over by a car and you become paralyzed. IM NOT KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!! you fucking prick!!!!!!!!!!!!

O.P. here - look shit-for-brains, this was sarcasm. The intent was to point out the absurd irony of NPC laying off 1400 people, then shipping us all shiny new Blackberry's with a data plan a month later.

The point was to take a jab at NPC, not those who lost their jobs. I guess a little gallows humor was lost on you.

Taking a jab at NPC...Kudos
Sarcasm.....sorry, real hard to comprehend when 2 kids are in college with tuition, house payment, dental bill from daughter braces, and all other expenses....did i also state I am a widowed Father that had an income that barely allowed ends to meet. Now I have no income and will have to sell 1971 $160,000 home to pay one childs tuition. No jobs out there for a late 50's male. I can understand sarcasm like the best of them, however, if you want to jab at NPC, JAB! Those of us in our position would love to hear it. Other than that, many are a little sensitive to the insensitivity. If the show were on the other foot, you would understand, however, you seem like a good person from your explanation and I an sure you do. Sorry....

Taking a jab at NPC...Kudos
Sarcasm.....sorry, real hard to comprehend when 2 kids are in college with tuition, house payment, dental bill from daughter braces, and all other expenses....did i also state I am a widowed Father that had an income that barely allowed ends to meet. Now I have no income and will have to sell 1971 $160,000 home to pay one childs tuition. No jobs out there for a late 50's male. I can understand sarcasm like the best of them, however, if you want to jab at NPC, JAB! Those of us in our position would love to hear it. Other than that, many are a little sensitive to the insensitivity. If the show were on the other foot, you would understand, however, you seem like a good person from your explanation and I an sure you do. Sorry....

I'M A DISPLACED REP, BUT LET'S GET ONE THING STRAIGHT, YOU OWE YOUR CHILDREN NOTHING. YOU BROUGHT THEM UP UNTIL THEY WERE 18 IT'S TIME TO PAY THEIR OWN WAY. EVERY FINANCIAL PLANNER WOULD SAY THE SAME THING.

BY THE WAY MY MOTHER WAS WIDOWED AND I WOULD HAVE NEVER EXPECTED HER TO PAY MY TUITION.

My children do not expect me to pay their tuition. As a good parent wanting whats best for my son and daughter, I pay the tuition to give them a start like many of us have had. I, paid my own damn tuition because my parents were poor. We don't owe our children anything? We chose to bring them here, the least we could do is give them a good start in life if we can. Thank God you either do not have children or want children. With your attitude, we could only have more meth dealers and criminals. I want better for my kids so they are smart enough to stay away from yours!

O.P. here - look shit-for-brains, this was sarcasm. The intent was to point out the absurd irony of NPC laying off 1400 people, then shipping us all shiny new Blackberry's with a data plan a month later.

The point was to take a jab at NPC, not those who lost their jobs. I guess a little gallows humor was lost on you.

hey shit for brains, if you make a comment like that during a difficult time, then say you're being sarcastic. you must be a twenty something, think you know everything about everything, little shit!!! its NOT a time to be sarcastic you dumb ass!!!!!!!! GOD, you're STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!