• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Field medical implosion has begun.

It is quite sad how FMT has been destroyed. Questionable leadership as noted in earlier messages especially PH and KH. Why do toxic people get promoted into these positions???

It is quite sad how FMT has been destroyed. Questionable leadership as noted in earlier messages especially PH and KH. Why do toxic people get promoted into these positions???
Its called corporate speak.....especially in Pennsylvania. What a crock of peeps.....Manager taking rep roles, managers who lied to reps etc, MCCO people running the show to the ground....where is the revenue? its gone! The BEAM BAMS or Babes whatever they are calling themselves today.....are completely clueless, goes right along the CLUELESS Movie from California!

Poor hiring ... especially on the Respiratory MSL team. When the three field directors were announced, many of the field MSLs decided to leave and not re-apply for their positions. Five of seven MSLs for the west region left because of LS. Sad to lose such tenured and talented individuals all because of poor hiring.

And no accountability for the poor hiring. This reflects poorly on JF who clearly is not overseeing who gets the field director positions. Maybe they just don't care that all the good talent left.

And no accountability for the poor hiring. This reflects poorly on JF who clearly is not overseeing who gets the field director positions. Maybe they just don't care that all the good talent left.

Funny to me is the emphasis on how many were hired into all the FMT positions. No mention of how many tenured people left. How can new folks, including manager, ever make an impact in this environment Of change, layered on to a pandemic.

no in person meetings, internal or external, for well into 2021. No wonder the rumblings if another restructure and layoffs are occurring. This is bigger than CMG and papa Roche will call the shots.

Perhaps insuring that FMT leadership has the right credentials to do the job/role is a good start. Whack from top down. Glad everyone continues to get paid, for now.

Funny to me is the emphasis on how many were hired into all the FMT positions. No mention of how many tenured people left. How can new folks, including manager, ever make an impact in this environment Of change, layered on to a pandemic.

no in person meetings, internal or external, for well into 2021. No wonder the rumblings if another restructure and layoffs are occurring. This is bigger than CMG and papa Roche will call the shots.

Perhaps insuring that FMT leadership has the right credentials to do the job/role is a good start. Whack from top down. Glad everyone continues to get paid, for now.

I don't doubt that this company will survive financially. In short term, I think it may even profit from all this especially with all the savings from the layoffs. But no tech company can succeed in a long run when it loses its credibility in the community and its purpose in the business operations. However, most importantly, no tech firm can succeed when it's left with its 2nd and 3rd tier employees and cannot appeal new talent to run its business. No matter what new wacky model it is trying to implement, Genentech will soon become the cautionary tale and case study of what not to do in every business school. I think they lost this gamble already.

I don't doubt that this company will survive financially. In short term, I think it may even profit from all this especially with all the savings from the layoffs. But no tech company can succeed in a long run when it loses its credibility in the community and its purpose in the business operations. However, most importantly, no tech firm can succeed when it's left with its 2nd and 3rd tier employees and cannot appeal new talent to run its business. No matter what new wacky model it is trying to implement, Genentech will soon become the cautionary tale and case study of what not to do in every business school. I think they lost this gamble already.
Sad to say, totally agree. I'm almost out of here after many years and on to another company. It was a great ride most of that time but has become a nightmare. Thanks Roche. Maybe they can find another company to devour and destroy since it's become the only model they know.

How are the negative etrolizumab for Ulcerative Colitis trials working out for the medical affairs team these days??? They did a lot of their recent hiring based upon individuals with strong GI experience.

How are the negative etrolizumab for Ulcerative Colitis trials working out for the medical affairs team these days??? They did a lot of their recent hiring based upon individuals with strong GI experience.

I just learned that Basel may just kill this program. The delay and limited indication without maintenance may not get the green light as Roche is all about profits these days. The "unmet needs" component of the decision making process is gone. This entity was expected to bring in about $891 million by 2026. The new forecast will be cut by at least 1/3 to 1/2 without maintenance in the label. $500 million likely will not make the threshold for this greedy company now. Another one bites the dust.

I just learned that Basel may just kill this program. The delay and limited indication without maintenance may not get the green light as Roche is all about profits these days. The "unmet needs" component of the decision making process is gone. This entity was expected to bring in about $891 million by 2026. The new forecast will be cut by at least 1/3 to 1/2 without maintenance in the label. $500 million likely will not make the threshold for this greedy company now. Another one bites the dust.

It's an ineffective molecule. We should mourn the wasted resources developing it, not that Roche may choose to cut bait.

Lots of negative read-outs lately behind this including Oncology. Future and ability to compete ain’t looking so good.

This sorry place will fall off from every top-10 list in less than a year. Glad I took the package and left at the right time. Their whole mindset crap really did me a favor. As bad as it has been in the past year, the sh_t has not even hit the fan yet. They did not cut 70% of the field force for no reasons. The further cut in the coming months is just the sign of how dry the pipeline is with the recent bad news in R&D. It is sad that this is the legacy of an once awesome company.