• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Field medical implosion has begun.

She has left a body count in every management job here at GNE. It’s too many to count. Now she is wiping out vast majorly of the MCLs as well. Many were recent hires. Smh ‍♀️

I'm surprised Jamie Freedman hasn't got the vibe on this and intervened. He's still new and perhaps folks are afraid to speak-up as it's clear the environment isn't safe to do so. His job as been a revolving door for year and years.....but perhaps he will hold leadership accountable.

They displaced all the MSLs and MSL managers. Everyone is having to interview for position - same as on the commercial side.

Good. The skillset of periodically asking about how many patients have accrued to a trial and being able to regurgitate a few paragraphs from a medcomm letter on demand is not what is needed in “field medical.” Find people who can actually engage with customers, identify collaborative projects, and help execute them.

Good. The skillset of periodically asking about how many patients have accrued to a trial and being able to regurgitate a few paragraphs from a medcomm letter on demand is not what is needed in “field medical.” Find people who can actually engage with customers, identify collaborative projects, and help execute them.

Curious which MSL only do that.....most do a lot more than folks realize. Let's be real, commercial access has been negligible for years with waaaay too many people and different roles to have meaningful impact.

Many on the field medical team (MSLs, MCLs, managers) may just leave and good luck on getting newbies that will take 6-9months if not years to have significant impact in the field.

In my experience the MSL team I have worked with have been excellent. They work extremely hard for the customers and push back to get additional resources such as clinical trial to non-preferred sites. If they lose these folks they will regret it for years to come.

i guess its only fair that they go through the same process as everyone else. Going forward there will be a lot more accountability.

Yah. Definitely more accountability needed since a record breaking year wasn’t enough.

Perhaps some appreciation might not hurt either especially to retain top talent that is walking out the door.

Interesting FMT call today. What is the source of truth for all this mess? What are the timelines and the accountability of leadership.

Blame Tony for an email that seemed clear (and presumably authorized/approved by the VP FMT)....and now after comments from JF (the accountable) seems unclear. Pivots on who can live where vs within region, possible 'experiments and pilots' on accountabilities.......we've seem pilots already in metrics..how did that go.....

Let's just alienate everyone...New MSL HEDs didn't really even seem that enthusiastic about this and mainly babbled and then chatted about their personal stuff....that part was ok...at least they seem 'real'.

Happy Friday.

Why are folks that have the option of a package to GTHOHere whining so much? Some of us are stuck with this BS without the option of a package.

I'm keeping my options open but after the bonus check comes in may look to move on, regardless. Sounds like the new managers will likely be a mix of newbies, many from outside, and won't have a clue....but perhaps that's by design/intent?

Just hang around bc the job will become more and more virtual.

Ha. Yes. Be careful as it’s possible and the metrics on virtual productivity are a biach. No consideration for travel time and if wanna get paid, you better be working.

Actually, fire everyone. Expand the call center in Costa Rica. That’s trailblazing.

• xyz   Mar 06, 2020 at 11:56: PM
Just hang around bc the job will become more and more virtual.
That’s a joke, they will want you in your electric car or in San Francisco more than you can imagine.
Ha. Yes. Be careful as it’s possible and the metrics on virtual productivity are a biach. No consideration for travel time and if wanna get paid, you better be working.

Actually, fire everyone. Expand the call center in Costa Rica. That’s trailblazing.
the call center in Costa Rica is worse than calling a prison.

Why are folks that have the option of a package to GTHOHere whining so much? Some of us are stuck with this BS without the option of a package.

I'm keeping my options open but after the bonus check comes in may look to move on, regardless. Sounds like the new managers will likely be a mix of newbies, many from outside, and won't have a clue....but perhaps that's by design/intent?

Nice big kid talk calling anonymous people on a blog a whiner. Don’t be too dissolutioned by the GNE/Roche venom. You’ll get your payday too. If you call people whiners you’ll labeled and crushed. To the left as they say. Oh I suppose you wouldn’t understand street talk.