Favorite Novartis Phrase or lie

2007 - "We're going to close Guantanamo. And we're going to restore habeas corpus, we're going to lead by example—not just by word but by deed. That's our vision for the future."

How many believed that lie?

Who remembers this one...
Create a $60 billion bank to fund roads and bridges
"Will address the infrastructure challenge by creating a National Infrastructure Reinvestment Bank to expand and enhance, not supplant, existing federal transportation investments. This independent entity will be directed to invest in our nation's most challenging transportation infrastructure needs. The Bank will receive an infusion of federal money, $60 billion over 10 years, to provide financing to transportation infrastructure projects across the nation. These projects will create up to two million new direct and indirect jobs and stimulate approximately $35 billion per year in new economic activity."

There was NO Novartis in the 80's MORON!!!

I see some reps have become less gracious in the 21st Century, not.

I'm a retired rep who became a DM although it took me almost half my career. I made a simple mistake and meant to say 90's, right after the merger. It was almost pathetic to watch so many DM's, RM's, VP's, etc. quote Churchill at every opportunity in order to curry favor with the CEO.

As I never played the game and spent much time as a rep, it was easy for me to sit back and chuckle over all the wannabees play "follow the leader."

As for your "moron," comment. I realize you do not represent the large majority of hard working reps and DM's. I keep in contact with people in the field to this day and know how much things have changed. However your immediate level of frustration and anger very possibly spills over to your job, regardless of position. Attitude is likely 75% or higher of both the rep and DM positions. You may want to consider doing some sincere "inner thinking" as I used to call it as to how to turn yours around or look for a position in a different company or industry.

I wish you and everyone all the best of luck.

Transparency. This has got to be one of the biggest lies this company has every told us and still tells us. And as reps we ourselves lie about transparency everyday. Lies perpetuate more lies. Access is at an all time low, most offices have eliminated the "lunch and learn" activities and the repeat offenders at dinner programs will most likely cause this activity to come to an end as well. The only time there is transparency is when Novartis is getting sued. I understand that as reps we need to feel that we are earning our paycheck and that those of us "good" reps are seeing this industry with a partly sunny attitude rather than a partly cloudy attitude. The fact remains that the majority of us are overpaid caterers who pretend to "sell" our "life changing" medicines to doctors we can "see" on a regular basis. By the definition of a real sales call, most of us would be back in the driveway by early afternoon and most wouldn't be able to fill a week with 8-10 calls per day.