Fast Start Meetings

BINGO!!!! You nailed it. I spent 40 years in pharma sales; the more things tried to change, the more they stayed the same. Whether you are a newbie or lifer in this business, just play the game. BTW, the advice about not saying anything negative will keep your ass out of trouble every time.

I spent my first 7 years selling toilet paper...that stunk....pun intended. I spent the last 30 years selling drugs...that was a Grand Slam Homerun. Loved it. plus I have more money then I will ever spend. Mr. K of Marion started the ball rolling for me...

Agreed

In the last year my District manager has fired a great rep, hired multiple challenging people and lost others. There are better landing spots than AZ for sure, if you need a job… take it but always be on the look out. Other companies are poaching and paying good AZ people $30-40k more per year!

Fast start to getting the heck out of AZ. Sales leadership at this company lacks vision.
There are no new ideas. We just recycle the same, lame, worn out ideas every couple of years and package them as the new thing. I can’t wait for the “new” sales model - backed by lots of “scientific” analysis, no doubt - or the latest info on what HCPs think about reps who don’t close. Drs don’t respect reps who don’t close, in case you didn’t know. The lack of vision would be mind boggling if it wasn’t so predictable. Pharma sales is a game, and it speaks to our lowest qualities as humans. Everyone gets a piece of the action, so shhhh….don’t give it away. Just keep expressing you enthusiasm for the world-changing, revolutionary ideas, and show how awestruck you are by these incredible leaders. You can hate the game, but we’re all players.

There are no new ideas. We just recycle the same, lame, worn out ideas every couple of years and package them as the new thing. I can’t wait for the “new” sales model - backed by lots of “scientific” analysis, no doubt - or the latest info on what HCPs think about reps who don’t close. Drs don’t respect reps who don’t close, in case you didn’t know. The lack of vision would be mind boggling if it wasn’t so predictable. Pharma sales is a game, and it speaks to our lowest qualities as humans. Everyone gets a piece of the action, so shhhh….don’t give it away. Just keep expressing you enthusiasm for the world-changing, revolutionary ideas, and show how awestruck you are by these incredible leaders. You can hate the game, but we’re all players.

True on many fronts, but closing is an art. You don't do it, you lose. And even if you, can you hold them accountable? Most can't. Don't have to be a dick to do either. Just confident.

ABC people, ABC.

True on many fronts, but closing is an art. You don't do it, you lose. And even if you, can you hold them accountable? Most can't. Don't have to be a dick to do either. Just confident.

ABC people, ABC.
I think the point is, it’s stupid to suggest or think that HCPs want you to close. Yet we somehow pay people to tell us they do. Amazing.