NOW MCL HAS "FAST START" MEETINGS!

as a DM in the MC team, I'm commenting that I'm disgusted by the lack of sensitivity of these meetings. Let's face it we are all looking at each other knowing what's coming. Is it really the right thing to do considering just getting through these days wondering and waiting what our fates are create enough angst amongst all of us. Working for this company years ago was excellent but it really has gone rotten and quickly. Those of us who remain and try to find positives will struggle next year as we will all be looking over our shoulder wondering when the next shoe will drop. Meanwhile working for the RSD I currently have leaves me hoping that he will get displaced as he has destroyed the morale of our districts in his region and he is a "me first" and sabotage anyone who puts his gravy train in the way of his success.

What it all has taught me is be grateful for what we have had and know going forward that things will change and that we have to find what makes us happy. AZ has proven that it's not an environment that's in any of our best interest and when it's all said and done, we are good people and we want to do a good job. This "corporate America" environment is not loyal to any of us and we are nothing to senior management because they are not in sales, they operate by spreadsheets and just move costs and people as they see fit.

When many of us are moved on, many will remember the pay but will remember how awful it was to work here. We will find new and better places to work or even start our own dream businesses. Keep positive as this is just one small bump in the road of life

May you all have a wonderful and blessed holiday

I left this year because I didn't like the environment and I was close enough to be able to retire. I didn't want to be spending my time in that world.

AZ is fcked. It has no products, can't build a pipeline, and the last few years all they have been trying to do is squeeze some revenue out of aging brands.

They have now reached the stage where all the blood is out of the stone. They now have to bridge to their next opportunity and it might be about 3 years. That means they will burn all the people up, lighten all the weight until they get there.

Unfortunately their track record for delivery is such you should not hang around or hold your breath waiting for the next product. This group of senior leaders couldn't get a drink order correct.

If you get through the cull, start looking for another job. Its easier to find a job while you have a job.

I left this year because I didn't like the environment and I was close enough to be able to retire. I didn't want to be spending my time in that world.

AZ is fcked. It has no products, can't build a pipeline, and the last few years all they have been trying to do is squeeze some revenue out of aging brands.

They have now reached the stage where all the blood is out of the stone. They now have to bridge to their next opportunity and it might be about 3 years. That means they will burn all the people up, lighten all the weight until they get there.

Unfortunately their track record for delivery is such you should not hang around or hold your breath waiting for the next product. This group of senior leaders couldn't get a drink order correct.

If you get through the cull, start looking for another job. Its easier to find a job while you have a job.

What opportunity? Three years, what do you think it's like a broken clock that'll be right given enough time? AZ is a bunch of money grubbing narcissists, you think they're ever going to create anything of value? They're what's valuable, in their inflated minds -- how can anything else be??

Holy shit can we really be doing this? Are these idiots in "management" really, really this completely and utterly stupid?? A meeting 2 damn weeks before they fire almost a third of field sales?? When you think that "management" can't go any lower, they pull this crap! FUCKING MORONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still no word about this. Just more of the same crap being rumored on here.

Not a rumor. Ours is setup for next week. This is one for the books. I can't think of a better example to illustrate how poorly AZ handles the salesforce. These people reach new levels of insanity each week. Only AZ would schedule a "Fast Start" meeting 3 weeks before massive layoffs!!

The point of the fast start meetings are to develop territory level business plans addressing each doctor and practice. The DM will then collect these plans on word documents and pass them to the new rep in the new territory after you have been laid off.

It is a fast start for the new AZ structure. Sucks for us.

Not a rumor. Ours is setup for next week. This is one for the books. I can't think of a better example to illustrate how poorly AZ handles the salesforce. These people reach new levels of insanity each week. Only AZ would schedule a "Fast Start" meeting 3 weeks before massive layoffs!!

it's not just sales that are mismanaged. In R and D we had to set objectives for 2011 when we had already been issued notice of redundancy.

I have often wondered how a sales organization that compensated us on meeting our objectives / goals they set for us....typically provides the goals about week or so before the quarter is to end. So they can watch our numbers the whole time a then slam us...is that how that works? Seems like an AZ plan....sure does not display planning nor organization to me....how do you meet a goal when it is not provided AZ?

I have often wondered how a sales organization that compensated us on meeting our objectives / goals they set for us....typically provides the goals about week or so before the quarter is to end. So they can watch our numbers the whole time a then slam us...is that how that works? Seems like an AZ plan....sure does not display planning nor organization to me....how do you meet a goal when it is not provided AZ?

They're liars and cook the books constantly! You're an ethical person that's why you're asking the question, get out now if you can! Good luck!

The point of the fast start meetings are to develop territory level business plans addressing each doctor and practice. The DM will then collect these plans on word documents and pass them to the new rep in the new territory after you have been laid off.

It is a fast start for the new AZ structure. Sucks for us.

Still haven't heard about a meeting in my district, but the territory plans are 100% true. Mine is due next week.

Couldn't agree more with this post! I remember at one point getting my quarterly goals several weeks AFTER the quarter ended. How f'd up is that?? WTF kind of "sales" organization is that?

Maybe your DM has a brain and will do a teleconference instead! Ours would piss herself in public if the RSD said to! She is a kool-aid drinking, incompetent idiot, that has absolutely 0 leadership skills. An absolutely perfect example of what's wrong with AZ.

Yes but she will get promoted and others that dont drink the kool aid will be terminated.