Family vacation?

<

I’ve been in the industry over 20 years and I have never stayed at such subpar hotels until I came to Novartis. It’s not a one off, it’s every single Novartis meeting.
OMG! Our reps get to go to Disney World and stay at on-site, nice hotels and you complain! We should assign a roommate to share your luxury room! You reps are jokes! The day of the pharma rep is quickly coming to an end.

OMG! Our reps get to go to Disney World and stay at on-site, nice hotels and you complain! We should assign a roommate to share your luxury room! You reps are jokes! The day of the pharma rep is quickly coming to an end.

luxury hotels??? You must be kidding right?? I wouldn’t stay at this hotel on my time if it was free!!! When the ABLs have solo meetings , Novartis books then at 4/5 star resorts.. when it’s their sales force.. your lucky if you have heat and don’t get robbed while going to your room at night. Honestly.. it’s sad how little they value us. Can’t edit yo get my “gift” I love a 2$ water bottle.

your reply is a joke! Other pharma companies actually value their sales teams and put them up in five star hotels and give them nice gifts while they are away from their families! Don’t act like we are being spoiled.. are IC and data are a joke here and they can’t even do anything nice!

Last year p-club dinner was like herding cattle. First, you were in a room with stadium type seating where they quickly read off winners. Then they told you to go into another room to eat with about 20 tables Then you were told to go into another room for karaoke with the president of the division. It was a hot mess.

your reply is a joke! Other pharma companies actually value their sales teams and put them up in five star hotels and give them nice gifts while they are away from their families! Don’t act like we are being spoiled.. are IC and data are a joke here and they can’t even do anything nice!
Agree, and I wouldn’t even mind the budget meetings if they paid us well, treated us aa professionals, and rewarded us for success.
The current culture of showing us how little they think of us though….yeah, it makes the budget hotels, meals, and the $2 water bottles stand out. Especially when they fly us all to Florida so we can look at pictures of the vacations to Fiji they took because of the sales we generated for them.

Last year p-club dinner was like herding cattle. First, you were in a room with stadium type seating where they quickly read off winners. Then they told you to go into another room to eat with about 20 tables Then you were told to go into another room for karaoke with the president of the division. It was a hot mess.
Disagree and you were not a P club winner.

I have heard for over 20 years that the “day of the pharma rep is quickly coming to an end”, and we are still here. The only thing that will replace us will be AI, along with radiologists, FP’S, eventually surgeons and a lot of other specialities.

Agree, and I wouldn’t even mind the budget meetings if they paid us well, treated us aa professionals, and rewarded us for success.
The current culture of showing us how little they think of us though….yeah, it makes the budget hotels, meals, and the $2 water bottles stand out. Especially when they fly us all to Florida so we can look at pictures of the vacations to Fiji they took because of the sales we generated for them.
I took my family to the Dolphin at Disney World and it was a GREAT experience/stay. Why do you reps constantly complain about free cars, meals, alcohol and vacation resorts? For those of us in HQ, we would love to have your perks and be thankful to management! Just can't understand the rationale for sales reps when the vast majority of doctors deny rep access to their offices. The business model is back from the 60s. Keep on complaining arseholes!

I have heard for over 20 years that the “day of the pharma rep is quickly coming to an end”, and we are still here. The only thing that will replace us will be AI, along with radiologists, FP’S, eventually surgeons and a lot of other specialities.

I heard the same thing about gas station attendants and elevator operators and we are still here.