• Mon news: Ventyx gets boost from Sanofi. PhRMA IRA legal challenge gets new life. AZ breast cancer drug disappoints. Teva’s once-monthly schizophrenia med. AZ gets FDA approval for first self-administered flu vaccine. See more on our front page

Eye/Respiratory combined

It went out to the marketing organization on Friday. Forwarded by director to managers and then to the field. The amazing Xolair marketing director is going over to leqvio and the EyeCare executive marketing strategist director will be over both brands. Leqvio team is so lucky to have Lali L she is fantastic and will be missed in respiratory

It went out to the marketing organization on Friday. Forwarded by director to managers and then to the field. The amazing Xolair marketing director is going over to leqvio and the EyeCare executive marketing strategist director will be over both brands. Leqvio team is so lucky to have Lali L she is fantastic and will be missed in respiratory
So basically the eye care manager will be respiratory when they get rid of eye care

I don’t know Xiidra but does it bring in a lot of money for the company? What are annual sales? They just invested in better managed care coverage - why would they do that if they planned to get rid of the team?

If the organization values this person as much as you do, they are putting them in the wrong place.
CRM is where competence goes to die. You can't begin to fathom what a disaster leqvio is, and the rot starts at the top. If they are as good as you say they are, they might want to get out now, because staying will leave a permanent stain on their C.V.

Eyecare will be through next summer. After that it's anyone's guess. Pray Novartis picks up some other brands. They are working on two things. 1. expanding eyecare with new products if they can find one or two. 2. Letting us all go by next summer, most likely through a buy out to another company especially if we lose anymore managed care coverage (Med D).

There's no way this entire eye care sales force make it until next summer (meaning summer 2023). Maybe they make it Jan-March?? They told us on our last call they have no intention of buying any other eye care products and the one thing that was in the pipeline is dead in the water. They also said there will be a meeting in Feb. possibly to introduce the eye care and respiro teams so my guess is whatever changes they are going to make will happen before that meeting. No sense in having a meeting and then letting go of people a few months later. Although in this crazy industry I guess anything is possible.

So whats this meeting in Vegas all about anyway?? What's changing for the RDs and ABLs thats so big they needed a whole week in sin city???
What do u think. Big reorganizations and corporate training on how to manage through that. Im guessing big changes to sales forces in multiple divisions. Whats crazy is some of those managers prob wont even be here in a month and they ate going through this dog and pony show.
When it comes to eye care the managed care investment was a big hail mary and something the waited too long on. If they would got that coverage 2 years ago xiidra would be at close to 1 billion. They waited till the big player in the market went generic. Now payers are requiring that first and growth has stalled. This is why all of eye care sales know that cuts or a sell off are inevitable. Their political and non answers just further that anxiety. Two months ago they said no changes to sales force and were pretty insistent on that. Now they cant even answer a question and laid off all professional relations team. Thought leaders now think novartis eye care is a joke.

The management team is in Vegas to learn how to manage through change. If you think the changes have all already happened and there will be no more then you’re delusional. There are definitely more changes coming in terms mergers, acquisitions and sales force being cut. At least this is true for eye care. I can’t speak to any other divisions (or whatever we call them now). We already know they are merging eye care and respiro, possibly selling Xiidra and cutting some reps. We won’t know too much after this meeting but I’m the coming months changes are coming and good people will be gone managers and reps includes.

Sadly this is probably correct. I mentioned on another thread that during a town hall a few months ago vas states next year they are looking at another half billion in cost savings. Since most of the current cuts hit non sales roles those costs savings will mostly comes from sales or field based roles. The Xolair team went through a structural change several years ago and were shown to still be profitable even with a field force reduction. Possibly the same with other teams. Not saying Xolair team is immune from more changes - it would be silly to think that way but not sure how much smaller that team can get

I don’t know Xiidra but does it bring in a lot of money for the company? What are annual sales? They just invested in better managed care coverage - why would they do that if they planned to get rid of the team?

I think over a billion. And on the other question, this is the same company who sent the entire shire team to headquarters in jersey for head start (or whatever it’s called), and then terminated 2/3 of them. So, I’d say it’s a definite possibility.

True true. I worked for a company many years ago that allowed the managers to hire and fill vacancies - and the day after the reps came out of training a company wide downsizing occurred and the majority lost their jobs. I shouldn’t forget about that even though it was more than 10 years ago

Sadly this is probably correct. I mentioned on another thread that during a town hall a few months ago vas states next year they are looking at another half billion in cost savings. Since most of the current cuts hit non sales roles those costs savings will mostly comes from sales or field based roles. The Xolair team went through a structural change several years ago and were shown to still be profitable even with a field force reduction. Possibly the same with other teams. Not saying Xolair team is immune from more changes - it would be silly to think that way but not sure how much smaller that team can get

great point! I remember Vas saying that also. Those cuts gotta come from somewhere. What else can they possibly cut besides field sales reps and/or managers at this point?? In EC they’ve cut the roles that had no ROI. They claim sales reps are their biggest ROI but think of how much money they’d save if they didn’t have to pay for our cars, lunches, salaries and insurance

Just take a look at the org charts that were sent out with the last TFG weekly email. Click on the patient services tab and look at the leqvio team. They could do away with more than half those roles between Adsar and frm. Very eye opening how many non revenue producing roles there are

Wish I had some. Seems the rumor is Novartis and Amgen merging. I don’t know where these rumors start from but I wish someone with insight would spill the beans already

Word coming from the ABL meeting in Vegas is that Novartis is keeping Xiidra with no plans to sell to another company or get rid of the salesforce. The Medicare investment is starting to show in the national numbers.