DO THE BRILINTA REPS REALLY WEAR SCRUBS TO WORK?

Anonymous

I've read this several times on CP that our Brilinta reps are actually wearing scrubs to work. Is this true? Do they realize how much they are embarrassing themselves in the eyes of the real medical personnel in the hospital? Or are they pretending to be medical device reps?

Too funny! What a bunch of idiots!

I suppose one could debate the merits of whether or not hospital reps wear scrubs (at best it is a handful). What is more apparent is your frustration, anger, judgmental behavior, name calling, and obvious jealousy.

... what exactly are the responses you seek?

I've read this several times on CP that our Brilinta reps are actually wearing scrubs to work. Is this true? Do they realize how much they are embarrassing themselves in the eyes of the real medical personnel in the hospital? Or are they pretending to be medical device reps?

Too funny! What a bunch of idiots!

I suspect it all depends if they enter the operating room.
Which used to happen on a regular basis with Diprivan.
There is a chance its happening with Brilinta if you have a good relationship.

Your problem is you have probably been in the industry less than 10 years, and have little understanding of the business, and patient flow.

I introduced Diprivan in 1990, or was it 1991? Oh well, it doesn't matter. I also introduced Cefotan in the 80's. I have been in the cath lab many times, and I can tell you that scrubs are not necessary. A simple cover gown is fine. I lived in scrubs and spent most of my day in the OR programming the infusion pumps that we gave away to get them to use Diprivan for IV infusion. Personally, I could care less if the Brilinta reps wear scrubs or not, but if they think it gives them more credibility, they are wrong. I understand that access is all but impossible to the patient care areas of hospitals, that is unless you are a device rep.

Brilinta has been a huge failure to date for AZ. Wearing scrubs may make you look cool, but it won't sell one more Rx on Brilinta. AZ reps have a lot more problems to worry about than who is wearing scrubs or not.

I introduced Diprivan in 1990, or was it 1991? Oh well, it doesn't matter. I also introduced Cefotan in the 80's. I have been in the cath lab many times, and I can tell you that scrubs are not necessary. A simple cover gown is fine. I lived in scrubs and spent most of my day in the OR programming the infusion pumps that we gave away to get them to use Diprivan for IV infusion. Personally, I could care less if the Brilinta reps wear scrubs or not, but if they think it gives them more credibility, they are wrong. I understand that access is all but impossible to the patient care areas of hospitals, that is unless you are a device rep.

Brilinta has been a huge failure to date for AZ. Wearing scrubs may make you look cool, but it won't sell one more Rx on Brilinta. AZ reps have a lot more problems to worry about than who is wearing scrubs or not.

I doubt reps are doing it for credibility. If a doc says the only time I can see you is during a procedure and you'll need scrubs, I would consider that person pretty lucky. Do agree that AZ is more concerned about sales than who is wearing scrubs. Again, most institutions today aren't going to allow Pharma reps within the surgical field of the OR. Why add additional risk? At best it would be a handful of reps and has been blown way out of proportion.

I worked anesthesia and the OR for years and had many states and I can count on one hand the number of places where reps had to wear scrubs. It is very easy to avoid the sterile corridor and you can maneuver in and out of break rooms and lounges without violating a sterile area or field. This is nonsense to be parading around in scrubs. Pure balderdash.

There was a company out around 10 years ago called Pharmanex. They sold non-Rx products, but their "reps" wore name tags and therefore were able to "get back" into doctors' offices and make their pitch.

It was a nice try and after one call the doctors made sure that Pharmanex reps did not get past the gatekeeper. Same thing.

If the rep looks good in scrubs, she'll get in. But if she looks good she'll get in anyway. :)

I wear scrubs on days where I will be in the hospital all day. Allows me to fit in better. It's funny because I asked and asked if I could wear scrubs and was told no until RD saw an Effient rep wearing them.

Symbicort rep here. I also started wearing scrubs when entering my pulm offices. It helps me fit in better with the fat cow nurses wearing their cute Halloween themed scrubs.

When I go into my allergy offices I wear white coats and carry a bunch of needles around. When I used to sell Vimovo I wore a hotdog suit.

I see the hospital reps wearing scrubs and I laugh. Only device reps wear scrubs because they are actually sitting in on procedures. What a joke. They think they are more respected? They just look like a rep in scrubs. What a bunch of posers.

I see the hospital reps wearing scrubs and I laugh. Only device reps wear scrubs because they are actually sitting in on procedures. What a joke. They think they are more respected? They just look like a rep in scrubs. What a bunch of posers.

Yes, only device reps and docs may wear scrubs. I think it's in he Bible, or maybe the Koran, or is it the Pharma playbook... anyway... SOMETHING like that.

You can always tell a male rep in scrubs by the tie and shiny patent leather shoes, or the low cut blouses, stank of perfume, and high heels on women. That along with the vacant stare, greasy hairdo's, and telltale tablet PC.

Isn't it simply amazing what a handful of hospital reps will do to get someone's goat. Such instigators. I mean, who the H.E. double hockey sticks do they think they are? The nerve - the person who started the post is losing sleep over it! Cease and desist already!!!