• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Covid vaccine still needed?

Outside candidate and see several new postings for an expansion. However, employees have to be “fully vaccinated” is that 2 shots or 2 shots and 2 boosters? Is it possible to get a medical/religious exemption? Can’t believe companies are still requiring this.
No point in arguing vaccine efficacy here. There is another post on the forum with a list of companies that didn't mandate, you'd have better luck just applying elsewhere. Many companies are lifting unvaccinated mask and office rules, so it's likely that vaccine mandates will go away too with time.

No point in arguing vaccine efficacy here. There is another post on the forum with a list of companies that didn't mandate, you'd have better luck just applying elsewhere. Many companies are lifting unvaccinated mask and office rules, so it's likely that vaccine mandates will go away too with time.

Nope, thanks to morons like the OP, covid is here to stay and it will be required annually just like the flu shot in hospital systems. See OP, you can do the risk portion (99% of people who get covid will live) but what about the potential consequence portion? Death, kidney failure, lung disease, relearning to walk and eat soup after months on a ventilator, etc. You’re wanting to walk your unwashed, unvaxxed ass into offices where elderly and immunocompromised people go and put them at greater risk because of ‘yer rights. I’m so glad there’s no way novo would hire you. The vaccine requirement will weed you out before you sit next to me at a poa spewing any other nonsense no one wants to hear. You sound like an HR nightmare, gtfoh

Nope, thanks to morons like the OP, covid is here to stay and it will be required annually just like the flu shot in hospital systems. See OP, you can do the risk portion (99% of people who get covid will live) but what about the potential consequence portion? Death, kidney failure, lung disease, relearning to walk and eat soup after months on a ventilator, etc. You’re wanting to walk your unwashed, unvaxxed ass into offices where elderly and immunocompromised people go and put them at greater risk because of ‘yer rights. I’m so glad there’s no way novo would hire you. The vaccine requirement will weed you out before you sit next to me at a poa spewing any other nonsense no one wants to hear. You sound like an HR nightmare, gtfoh

drop the mic. Thank you.

So you seem to imply that these things prevent the transmission of the virus. They do not. Natural immunity post-covid for healthy individuals is incredibly effective but you are not going to hear about that on your propaganda shows. All of my team clamors to get the latest booster and they have all gotten covid yet again this summer and fall. I have not since 2020.

I think we have enough evidence now to show that being vaccinated won’t prevent what you describe above either. COVID is here. The vaccine has marginal efficacy. Vaccinated and unvaccinated alike are still still going to catch Covid and spread Covid. I’m not arguing against being vaccinated, but you should probably be a little less self-righteous and acting like you are saving lives and unvaccinated people are killing others. That rhetoric doesn’t fly anymore.

I think we have enough evidence now to show that being vaccinated won’t prevent what you describe above either. COVID is here. The vaccine has marginal efficacy. Vaccinated and unvaccinated alike are still still going to catch Covid and spread Covid. I’m not arguing against being vaccinated, but you should probably be a little less self-righteous and acting like you are saving lives and unvaccinated people are killing others. That rhetoric doesn’t fly anymore.

If you’re vaccinated, you have a lower risk of infection, a lower risk of transmitting the infection, a lower risk of being hospitalized due to the infection, a lower risk of developing long COVID, and a lower risk of dying due to the infection.

None of these risks are reduced to zero with vaccination, but they are substantially reduced with virtually no draw back. It’s extremely disingenuous (or ignorant) to say there is no difference.

If you’re vaccinated, you have a lower risk of infection, a lower risk of transmitting the infection, a lower risk of being hospitalized due to the infection, a lower risk of developing long COVID, and a lower risk of dying due to the infection.

None of these risks are reduced to zero with vaccination, but they are substantially reduced with virtually no draw back. It’s extremely disingenuous (or ignorant) to say there is no difference.

No, this is all proving to be false. Again not paying attention.

Like I said, I wasn’t making an argument against vaccination. But, when you say, “none of these risks are reduced to zero”, the truth is that it’s not anywhere even remotely close to zero. You lower risks with a vaccination, but being vaccinated in no way whatsoever prevents the things you described in your post. You acted as if catching and spreading covid to immunocompromised and elderly individuals was a problem of the unvaccinated. It’s not. We all carry that risk; the vaccine provides some minimal level of protection, but if Covid is spread in a doctor’s office, it’s just as likely you as it is an unvaccinated person who spread it. Just quit acting like Covid is a disease of the unvaccinated. We learned a LONG time ago that that wasn’t true.

Like I said, I wasn’t making an argument against vaccination. But, when you say, “none of these risks are reduced to zero”, the truth is that it’s not anywhere even remotely close to zero. You lower risks with a vaccination, but being vaccinated in no way whatsoever prevents the things you described in your post. You acted as if catching and spreading covid to immunocompromised and elderly individuals was a problem of the unvaccinated. It’s not. We all carry that risk; the vaccine provides some minimal level of protection, but if Covid is spread in a doctor’s office, it’s just as likely you as it is an unvaccinated person who spread it. Just quit acting like Covid is a disease of the unvaccinated. We learned a LONG time ago that that wasn’t true.

If you have been vaccinated for measles and you go to an area where people haven’t been vaccinated and it’s spreading all around you, you can even catch it if you have an high degree of immunity. So if a bunch of unvaxxed people are walking around spreading covid, yes, even vaccinated and boosted you could catch it. It would be way less likely if the majority of people would get vaccinated in the first place but we didn’t get close to 90% vaxxed, so again, don’t try to work for a company that values public health in a healthcare industry. Go on and tell people who are getting chemo treatments with suppressed immune systems or have autoimmune diseases how oppressed you are. Or tell 96% of your HCPs that vaccines don’t do any good and see where it gets you.

If you have been vaccinated for measles and you go to an area where people haven’t been vaccinated and it’s spreading all around you, you can even catch it if you have an high degree of immunity. So if a bunch of unvaxxed people are walking around spreading covid, yes, even vaccinated and boosted you could catch it. It would be way less likely if the majority of people would get vaccinated in the first place but we didn’t get close to 90% vaxxed, so again, don’t try to work for a company that values public health in a healthcare industry. Go on and tell people who are getting chemo treatments with suppressed immune systems or have autoimmune diseases how oppressed you are. Or tell 96% of your HCPs that vaccines don’t do any good and see where it gets you.

First, you can’t compare this shot to an actual vax like the measles vax. Second, like I said, no one is telling HCPs that vaccines don’t do any good. But the CDC just verified this one isn’t doing anything. Pay attention.

You have been lied to and you just regurgitate what you have been told. I would go into more details but this site will just delete my post.

You have been lied to and you just regurgitate what you have been told. I would go into more details but this site will just delete my post.

If you're a vaccine skeptic you have no business being a pharma rep or in any other way associated w/ a pharma company. Either you believe in evidence-based science or you don't.

Maybe go hang out in supplements and aromatherapy thread??

Even if it didn’t work at all (it does), I wouldn’t want to be around someone who is so selfish to remain unvaccinated.

You probably listen to that Nazi Ben Shapiro and have a confederate flag on yer truck too.

I hope all companies continue to refuse to hire you people and I applaud the companies that actually had the balls to fire the unvaccinated and put them in their place - NOT IN OUR SOCIETY.

Even if it didn’t work at all (it does), I wouldn’t want to be around someone who is so selfish to remain unvaccinated.

You probably listen to that Nazi Ben Shapiro and have a confederate flag on yer truck too.

I hope all companies continue to refuse to hire you people and I applaud the companies that actually had the balls to fire the unvaccinated and put them in their place - NOT IN OUR SOCIETY.

So let me get this straight.

Let’s say they don’t work at all. They’ve been saline all this time or whatever.

You believe people should be fired and then removed from society because only a bad person would not take this experimental therapy?

So let me get this straight.

Let’s say they don’t work at all. They’ve been saline all this time or whatever.

You believe people should be fired and then removed from society because only a bad person would not take this experimental therapy?

Are you a rep? How do you tell docs to trust what the FDA says about YOUR drug while at the same time professing skepticism about what the FDA says about vaccines?

Sure... go ahead and be a vaccine skeptic. But get out of Pharma. Otherwise you're a hypocrite.

Actually, the purpose of vaccinations is to protect yourself. You don’t bear responsibility for the health of everyone around you. If you view it any other way, then get to work - you need to start showing up at people’s home and make sure they’re eating healthy and exercising, and also view their medical records to make sure they’re vaccinated against everything. Otherwise, by your definition, you’re just being “selfish” and caring only about yourself.

And, it’s odd that you’d refer to a Jewish guy as a Nazi. Perhaps you don’t really understand what you’re saying, but that was obvious from the beginning.

I’m willing to let you be you, and you can let me be me. That doesn’t make either of us better or worse than the other; we’re just different. And, just for the record, apparently there is a place IN OUR SOCIETY for the unvaccinated, as there are plenty of them out there. So, be a little less self righteous and judgmental. It will do wonders for you.

And how is it "selfish" to not get vaccinated when we all know MANY people who have gotten Covid and spread Covid all while BEING vaccinated?! In other words... It doesn't matter. This is a proven fact and we've all seen it. So I truly don't understand how, at THIS stage, people still don't see the logic. The common sense.

I'm vaccinated, but I know some who aren't and that's fine with me. They've all been fine. Meanwhile, I know of at least 50 people who have gotten Covid (twice, including me) since being vaccinated. By the way, it was mild for all, like having a cold. So again, where's the logic?! And anyone who got fired for not getting, should get a big payout down the road and just live off the stupid government in the meantime. The gov't seems to encourage that anyway!

First, you can’t compare this shot to an actual vax like the measles vax. Second, like I said, no one is telling HCPs that vaccines don’t do any good. But the CDC just verified this one isn’t doing anything. Pay attention.

You have something against the flu shot as well then? It’s occasionally as low as 40% effective but for people who are likely to die from a bad case of the flu, that 40% should be worth it to them and to you, as a rep, walking into an office where they might be. But I see you don’t care about that. If YOU will likely beat a case of flu, those patients next to you can just go f- themselves right?