• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

Brilinta approved!

From Bloomberg. The analyst guessing game. Of course sales goals will naturally be aiming somewhere in the 5 billion dollar market :) Good luck.

Jeffrey Holford, an analyst with Jefferies International Ltd., wrote in a note today that he has reduced his peak sales estimate for the drug to $1 billion from $2 billion, citing the warning on the label and the introduction of generic Plavix in the U.S. during the second quarter of next year.

Tim Anderson, an analyst with Sanford C. Bernstein & Co. in New York, said he has a “more modest” sales estimate of $750 million in 2015 due to the introduction of generic Plavix.

“We think the biggest impediment to Brilinta’s uptake will be the availability of generic Plavix, which will be available at a fraction of the price of Brilinta,” Anderson wrote in a note to investors last night.

Your comments are actually comical... Not that I don't agree with you, but you started off by saying your dream is that this company tanks... So who's the "ungrateful ass"?! What did they do to you? - Pay you for doing "absolutely nothing"?

actually friend, I like you and everyone else got paid for doing next to nothing because let's face it, that's all we were allowed do an not get our nuts in a sling. The only difference between me and the Debbie Downers on this sight is that I appreciated the job for what it was, and that was a good gig. I now hate the company because they didn't fire me for faking a call or some admin issue, because I would have deserved it and figured I was one of the unlucky ones who got caught. I got canned because they needed to fill a quota and for that this organization can suck my ass.

Awesome!! Only 7 years too late. By the time you achieve any decent formulary status, Plavix will be generic. You cant talk relationships all you want but in the end docs are going to prescribe the most cost effective drug period. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. Save your bacon is funny. More like prolong the inevitable.

Awesome!! Only 7 years too late. By the time you achieve any decent formulary status, Plavix will be generic. You cant talk relationships all you want but in the end docs are going to prescribe the most cost effective drug period. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. Save your bacon is funny. More like prolong the inevitable.

By the time you reach any decent formulary status? It is going to take time to finish labeling and training, then launch. It generally takes a few months at the very least to get put in for a formulary review. You\'re going to get close to the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. P&T in many instances won\'t meet in December and may have other drugs already lined up for review. January would be the first for many and that is 5 months from generic Plavix. Even that time frame is pretty quick from a drug launch formulary review perspective. I could be wrong but I think the majority of hospitals will be slower than that. The hospital team will be under the gun. Count on it.

Onglyza/Kombiglyze XR, Effient and Multaq all launched within the past two years and none have really taken off. I can't think of a blockbuster that launched in the past 4-5 years. With generic Plavix looming what makes you think Brilinta will be any different?

Onglyza/Kombiglyze XR, Effient and Multaq all launched within the past two years and none have really taken off. I can't think of a blockbuster that launched in the past 4-5 years. With generic Plavix looming what makes you think Brilinta will be any different?

great read...this is the future of pharma....downward spiral///

actually friend, I like you and everyone else got paid for doing next to nothing because let's face it, that's all we were allowed do an not get our nuts in a sling. The only difference between me and the Debbie Downers on this sight is that I appreciated the job for what it was, and that was a good gig. I now hate the company because they didn't fire me for faking a call or some admin issue, because I would have deserved it and figured I was one of the unlucky ones who got caught. I got canned because they needed to fill a quota and for that this organization can suck my ass.

Dittos friend. Your writing falls on blind eyes here, though.

The answer for the pharma industry in general and AZ in particular is a gigantic toilet bowl flush. Same goes for the US government. All of the pay and experience is for naught. The country, and AZ, would be better run by college seniors.

Good read..The last blockbuster was Januvia in 2006. Most likely there will never be another unless a true advance (Maybe the Coumadin replacements) but DPP4s? ARB/chlorthalidone combinations? new statins? forget about it!!!! Managed care will never let it happen!

New products that offer significant, but still minor advances priced at premiums are DOA. I'm a taxpayer, generic Plavix is good enough for anyone on Medicare or Medicaid or me.