Any truth to Zimmer's trabecular implant?

Can you say terrified? If you guys are not worried about TM, don't post any more fake garbage on this stupid worthless site. Go crawl back to your own company's miserable forum and post more nonsense for recruiters and unhappy reps to read. None of you have posted 1 piece of truth here. You are all just scared of losing your "really high end important customers" to some real new legitimate breakthrough technology.

Checkmate

Oh, so the king of the false posts and the guy who trick-or-treats as a dentist on Halloween doesn't like reality? What a shock.

The TM has already had a recall on the 3.5mm and 4.1mm BREAKING at the apical tip during insertion. This is one fact. Fact # 2: the protocols during placement had to be changed by the company and urgently sent to the few people who've actually placed this abomination. Fact 3: the thing is so weak (where, obviously the much-too-porous section section is, what a surprise) that they require splinting in the posterior, per Zimmer's own instruction. Why would any modern-day 4.1mm implant require that it be splinted? You're right--clinician confidence must be SOARING.

It had been speculated by experts (not you) that the union of the threaded portion (solid) and where the trabecular portion (porous and weaker) meets, that there could be shearing issues. That has already happened and prompted the recall. It's also been speculated that if the highly porous section is exposed, it will be a perio nightmare. This has been proven widely in the dentition with other porous surfaces, which resilient periodontal pathogens invade and cannot be removed (Endopore, TiUnite, etc.). This is not disputed anywhere. Porosity in implant surfaces may be fine in other areas of the body, but NOT the periodontium. Zimmer should have recognized that from the beginning, but they've never made a dental implant themselves before, so they have no comparitor. Better and more experienced dental companies have learned more over the years.

Finally, scared of you? really? You're not talented enough to steal from a blind man, much less me.

Let the facts wash over you before you start calling "checkmate" next time, you dope. If the TM ever even makes a dent in the market, I'll personally pay for your psychiatry appointments where they can work on your tendencies to continually pretend you're a dentist.

Oh, so the king of the false posts and the guy who trick-or-treats as a dentist on Halloween doesn't like reality? What a shock.

The TM has already had a recall on the 3.5mm and 4.1mm BREAKING at the apical tip during insertion. This is one fact. Fact # 2: the protocols during placement had to be changed by the company and urgently sent to the few people who've actually placed this abomination. Fact 3: the thing is so weak (where, obviously the much-too-porous section section is, what a surprise) that they require splinting in the posterior, per Zimmer's own instruction. Why would any modern-day 4.1mm implant require that it be splinted? You're right--clinician confidence must be SOARING.

It had been speculated by experts (not you) that the union of the threaded portion (solid) and where the trabecular portion (porous and weaker) meets, that there could be shearing issues. That has already happened and prompted the recall. It's also been speculated that if the highly porous section is exposed, it will be a perio nightmare. This has been proven widely in the dentition with other porous surfaces, which resilient periodontal pathogens invade and cannot be removed (Endopore, TiUnite, etc.). This is not disputed anywhere. Porosity in implant surfaces may be fine in other areas of the body, but NOT the periodontium. Zimmer should have recognized that from the beginning, but they've never made a dental implant themselves before, so they have no comparitor. Better and more experienced dental companies have learned more over the years.

Finally, scared of you? really? You're not talented enough to steal from a blind man, much less me.

Let the facts wash over you before you start calling "checkmate" next time, you dope. If the TM ever even makes a dent in the market, I'll personally pay for your psychiatry appointments where they can work on your tendencies to continually pretend you're a dentist.

Wow.....we hav a 3.5mm TM. Wish I knew that. Your a moron, get a catalog.....

Like I said. Terrified. Scared shitless. Can't even get the facts straight. "1" implant had an issue. We did not have a recall. We issued an IFU update that reminded clinicians to follow the origional protocol. This a-hole could not be more far off the real truth of the matter. Scared, terrified, lonely, limp dick, pissed pants, I could go on and on about this loser but I have better things to do.

This blows me away! Just glancing at this post it seems well thought out, however, you really don't have a clue. You know nothing about the product your bashing yet you blather on and on about TM as if you do. "Let the facts wash over you" come on dipshit! Really? Your post is a joke and I do hope you are saying this shit to the doctors you work with! They are laughing at you too i'm sure. What are your credentials btw? Implant rep? Well a guess that qualifies you to say whatever you want, fact!

Let's look at your claims just for a second if you want some comedy.

The industry is scared of what Zimmer is doing? Of TM? I might need the HAHAHAHA!! guy
for that one. You guys have NEVER been known for advances in implant technology, so you think competitive surgeons are looking at you to take them to the next level? To improve upon what, exactly?

We don't even do any planning to compete against you guys at our meetings-your name literally never even gets discussed. We reserve that for companies that are actual threats to our business.

I know that corporate told you a story and you repeat it here ("we're going to take over the market!!") but that is one giant leap from the spot you're in now, and the way you're viewed, built on 10 years of schlepping Niznick's trinkets around and giving everyone discounts with the only qualification being that they draw a breath.

You don't even have to defend yourself-I'm willing to wait out the inevitable. In a couple of years or so, we'll all say "whatever happened to the TM?"

-it's too expensive
-it's unnecessary/doesn't deliver it's promise
-it doesn't improve on what we already do

By the way, for the guy that supposedly never heard of the TM recall, here it is again:

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfRes/res.cfm?ID=108235

Let's look at your claims just for a second if you want some comedy.

The industry is scared of what Zimmer is doing? Of TM? I might need the HAHAHAHA!! guy
for that one. You guys have NEVER been known for advances in implant technology, so you think competitive surgeons are looking at you to take them to the next level? To improve upon what, exactly?

We don't even do any planning to compete against you guys at our meetings-your name literally never even gets discussed. We reserve that for companies that are actual threats to our business.

I know that corporate told you a story and you repeat it here ("we're going to take over the market!!") but that is one giant leap from the spot you're in now, and the way you're viewed, built on 10 years of schlepping Niznick's trinkets around and giving everyone discounts with the only qualification being that they draw a breath.

You don't even have to defend yourself-I'm willing to wait out the inevitable. In a couple of years or so, we'll all say "whatever happened to the TM?"

-it's too expensive
-it's unnecessary/doesn't deliver it's promise
-it doesn't improve on what we already do

By the way, for the guy that supposedly never heard of the TM recall, here it is again:

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfRes/res.cfm?ID=108235

If you read the recall you would notice that the recall was on a piece of paper (IFU) for the 4.1 implant not an actual device. But you may not know what an IFU is since your company never taught you how to sell clinically. Go back to selling ID and talk about price.

If you read the recall you would notice that the recall was on a piece of paper (IFU) for the 4.1 implant not an actual device. But you may not know what an IFU is since your company never taught you how to sell clinically. Go back to selling ID and talk about price.

Wrong- the piece of paper that the FDA wrote said that one of the REMEDIES was a change in the IFU.

You Zimmer geniuses are at it again- I can't get enough of this!

So you just said, the recall was on the IFU- a piece of paper- not the implant. Read the section titled "Reason for Recall" again.

THE APICAL ("bottom" for you Zimmer reps) TIP OF THE IMPLANT SEPARATED FROM THE IMPLANT ASSEMBLY ("broke" for you Zimmer reps) GOING INTO A MANDIBLE!!!!!

OhmigodicantbelievetheyareSOSOSOSOSOSOstupid!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wrong- the piece of paper that the FDA wrote said that one of the REMEDIES was a change in the IFU.

So you just said, the recall was on the IFU- a piece of paper- not the implant. Read the section titled "Reason for Recall" again.

THE APICAL ("bottom" for you Zimmer reps) TIP OF THE IMPLANT SEPARATED FROM THE IMPLANT ASSEMBLY ("broke" for you Zimmer reps) GOING INTO A MANDIBLE!!!!!

No need to comment....go back to selling copiers....

What company do you happen to work for? ID? with impression copings ripping material, 3i? Constantly tinkering with their implant line, Nobel? fractures on their small diameter implant hence initial torque protocols, Straumann? With their "new" bone level implant amd "early healing" NOT immediate load protocols, Astra? NO bone loss verbiage...... You may be too stupid to get the point but.......

What company do you happen to work for? ID? with impression copings ripping material, 3i? Constantly tinkering with their implant line, Nobel? fractures on their small diameter implant hence initial torque protocols, Straumann? With their "new" bone level implant amd "early healing" NOT immediate load protocols, Astra? NO bone loss verbiage...... You may be too stupid to get the point but.......

OMG!!!!

OK, so in a thread about Zimmer TMs shearing so often that a recall is issued...you criticize Nobel for fracturing?!?!?!

Oh boy, Zimmer must have another training class in session!

I bet those days of selling Yellowbook and AT&T Wireless are looking pretty good again, aren't they?

HAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahaha!

OMG!!!!

OK, so in a thread about Zimmer TMs shearing so often that a recall is issued...you criticize Nobel for fracturing?!?!?!

Oh boy, Zimmer must have another training class in session!

I bet those days of selling Yellowbook and AT&T Wireless are looking pretty good again, aren't they?

HAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahaha!

Sooooo....how many implant fractured? How often did this happen?

The shits and giggles part of it is, you take your first look at it this thing, and you can see the potential mechanical problems as plain as day. where porous meets solid-weak spot.

To the Zimmer guy calling out all the other companies with much more market share--the scoreboard tells the story, not some Zimmer sales dope who couldn't cut it somewhere else. Keep chasing those TM problems. There would be more, but they've barely sold any of these funny little items. Real issues-not the ones you make up-spread pretty quickly in dental.

The shits and giggles part of it is, you take your first look at it this thing, and you can see the potential mechanical problems as plain as day. where porous meets solid-weak spot.

To the Zimmer guy calling out all the other companies with much more market share--the scoreboard tells the story, not some Zimmer sales dope who couldn't cut it somewhere else. Keep chasing those TM problems. There would be more, but they've barely sold any of these funny little items. Real issues-not the ones you make up-spread pretty quickly in dental.

Facts: There was "no voluntary recall". Period. End of bullshit story. There was an issue with "1 single solitary implant". Zimmer stopped shipping for 3 weeks to invesitgate. There was "no issue". Zimmer issued an "IFU update regarding the 4.1 TM Implant". Shipping resumed. Key take aways here: (1.) There was no recall & (2.) 1 single Implant had an issue and (3.) Zimmer issued a voluntary IFU Update. Thats it. That should make it really simple to understand for all you haters out there and for all you losers at ID that wish you had a real product to sell or for all you hacks still at 3i that wish you had a quality product to sell that did not have real significant product defects. Keep chuggin along losers. We have the upper hand here.