• Tue news: 23andMe CEO no longer open to takeover. mRNA vaccines may boost cancer immunotherapy. BMS beats $6.4B lawsuit. CVS Health layoffs and potential breakup. JNJ abandoning proposed 340b plan. See more on our front page

American Merckers are boned

Anonymous

The other day I had to stop for a full public school bus letting off kids into an apartment complex at Sumneytown Pike and Church Road, a stone's throw from Merck's West Point plant. About two dozen got off. Every child was Indian.

Betcha their parents are working nearby and won't be part of the accelerated layoffs of US employees.

American Merckers are boned.

<

Brilliant deduction Watson!!! And how much do you want to bet that these children were not American? Goodhearted Americans, and there are plenty, are getting their cultural reputations boned every day that they live in a country overpopulated with the loudmouthed surplus of buffoons that think like you.

Brilliant deduction Watson!!! And how much do you want to bet that these children were not American? Goodhearted Americans, and there are plenty, are getting their cultural reputations boned every day that they live in a country overpopulated with the loudmouthed surplus of buffoons that think like you.

Buffoons that think like you? Read the OP message again. He was saying the same thing, too much diversity. So, although you may be a WASP, you are the buffoon.

Either you're a Merck PR dept. web monitor, or you're too stupid to realize these kid's parents are probably H1B visa holders hired on the cheap by companies wanting slaves.

Maybe Merck should worn on a cure for microcephaly.

Is there a difference if all those kids were white, Asian, or black or whatever? What would your conclusion then? I live in an auto town and every time the UAW is not getting their way, they blame the Japanese or have a smash a Toyota rally.

BTW, I can count a few non-white Merck employees got laid off recently. What kind of conclusion should I draw?

Is there a difference if all those kids were white, Asian, or black or whatever? What would your conclusion then? I live in an auto town and every time the UAW is not getting their way, they blame the Japanese or have a smash a Toyota rally.

BTW, I can count a few non-white Merck employees got laid off recently. What kind of conclusion should I draw?

1. Yes, there is a difference, it's called H1B serfdom (at the expense of US citizens no less).

2. The conclusion you should draw from your own words ("a few") is known as "reverse discrimination."

I also have a request ---- could the company hire some better, more creative, less cliched Web monitors than the puerile douchebags, such as the above commenter?

Thank you.

1. Yes, there is a difference, it's called H1B serfdom (at the expense of US citizens no less).

2. The conclusion you should draw from your own words ("a few") is known as "reverse discrimination."

I also have a request ---- could the company hire some better, more creative, less cliched Web monitors than the puerile douchebags, such as the above commenter?

Thank you.

Hello Mr. Name Caller,

Many of my H1B visa holders became citizens and are working hard decades later, paying taxes, and contributing to the local economy. Is that acceptable to you? Most are professionals and they work ridiculously long hours and appreciate being able to live in a free country.

Merck is turning us into hateful people. It is Merck, not those immigrant kids.

Hello Mr. Name Caller,

Many of my H1B visa holders became citizens and are working hard decades later, paying taxes, and contributing to the local economy. Is that acceptable to you? Most are professionals and they work ridiculously long hours and appreciate being able to live in a free country.

"My" H1B holders? What a pregnant statement about your views on human ownership that Freudian slip makes.

Of course, for "your" H1B holders there was an American citizen who did NOT prosper, and are being laid off because they won't be "your" citizen employee.

Merck management is hateful, putting good, loyal people out on the street. If they expect lovely-dovey in return, they need to see a psychiatrist.

Hello Mr. Name Caller,

Oh, I forgot to mention that boneheads like you with "your" H1B indentured servants would rather the country weren't so free - as in making sites like CafePharma unavailable.

Quasi-totalitarian weasel of a P.R. Department blog monitor that you are.