Alzheimer's positions

<

Have they begun the start of applicants yet?

Whoever would even go for any position in Alzheimer's is asking for a nightmare! The Amyloid beta hypothesis has NOT been proven to be successful. Have they not learned what happen to Biogen? Why do these companies keep bringing out drugs that target Amyloid Beta?????

Careful....we are Woke here, and I sensing some micro aggressions towards beta amyloids.

Quita weigh in please, if you actually know what a beta amyloid is.

I was an FRM at Biogen. Believe me, please think very carefully before entertaining any job in the Alzheimer's space for many reasons, but here are a few:
1. The Beta Amyloid Hypothesis has not been proven. There were several drugs prior to Biogen's ADU. Outside of initiating therapy earlier versus later in the disease progression, there isn't much difference.
2. Most neurologists with good reason believe the Beta Amyloid MOA is barking up the wrong tree
3. Neurologists won't fight for you. If you have worked with them in the past, such as multiple sclerosis, you'll realize they are very weak and unlike other areas of medicine, won't fight for a drug.
4. Coverage will be a nightmare
5. The hospitals, independent infusion centers, neurologists, c-suite executives all feel their time and money was completely wasted in several meetings over 2 years. They won't make that mistake again when people try to go out and "pre-condition" the market and set up a drug pathway. You will get tons of no's as many have been burned. Even as a new company, you will be laughed at and many doors will be slammed in your face as a key account manager, frm, and sales person.
I say this very respectfully. Please rally think about what you are doing. As much as an Alzheimer's drug is desperately needed, it is sill way too early. I believe the turn will be a new drug with an entirely different MOA.

I was an FRM at Biogen. Believe me, please think very carefully before entertaining any job in the Alzheimer's space for many reasons, but here are a few:
1. The Beta Amyloid Hypothesis has not been proven. There were several drugs prior to Biogen's ADU. Outside of initiating therapy earlier versus later in the disease progression, there isn't much difference.
2. Most neurologists with good reason believe the Beta Amyloid MOA is barking up the wrong tree
3. Neurologists won't fight for you. If you have worked with them in the past, such as multiple sclerosis, you'll realize they are very weak and unlike other areas of medicine, won't fight for a drug.
5. The hospitals, independent infusion centers, neurologists, c-suite executives all feel their time and money was completely wasted in several meetings over 2 years. They won't make that mistake again when people try to go out and "pre-condition" the market and set up a drug pathway. You will get tons of no's as many have been burned. Even as a new company, you will be laughed at and many doors will be slammed in your face as a key account manager, frm, and sales person.
I say this very respectfully. Please rally think about what you are doing. As much as an Alzheimer's drug is desperately needed, it is sill way too early. I believe the turn will be a new drug with an entirely different MOA.

Agree 100%. Anyone associated with this will be miserable.

wasn't the controversy regarding Aduhelm about the fact it was only a subgroup that showed benefit and the a priori primary endpoint was not met?

Bottom line is that any drug that is still focused on the Amyloid hypothesis is deemed for failure. It really is that simple. Neurologists are DONE. If nothing else, they will be even more trepidatious and won't be willing to step up and put their name on the line because they have ben burned. Their valuable time for over two years was wasted and they have egg on their face. Now with the second drug, the numbers in terms of 20% improvement are eerily familiar. I feel sorry for anyone that decided to come onboard and tries to precondition the market. It is guaranteed they will bee met with nothing but slammed doors and definitely Don't come to me till you have a successful drug on your hand and I certainly will not be the one to push it for you. Want proof? Go ask any neurologist and you will get laughed in your face.

Bottom line is that any drug that is still focused on the Amyloid hypothesis is deemed for failure. It really is that simple. Neurologists are DONE. If nothing else, they will be even more trepidatious and won't be willing to step up and put their name on the line because they have ben burned. Their valuable time for over two years was wasted and they have egg on their face. Now with the second drug, the numbers in terms of 20% improvement are eerily familiar. I feel sorry for anyone that decided to come onboard and tries to precondition the market. It is guaranteed they will bee met with nothing but slammed doors and definitely Don't come to me till you have a successful drug on your hand and I certainly will not be the one to push it for you. Want proof? Go ask any neurologist and you will get laughed in your face.

If lecanemab is approved by the FDA, expect a full onslaught DTC campaign if the neurologists are reticent to prescribe it.