abbott diabetics

Agreed. Pharma reps often jump thinking this is different and is device but it’s not. Same useless activity metrics and even retail pharmacy calls here which suck. Leadership is weak and no different than Pharma. Most reps who come from Pharma often jump back into Pharma after coming over.

This is very helpful. Thank you. Out of curiosity, what is the company car they provide? Is Abbott closed the week after Christmas and before New Years? Thanks for the help and insight.

This is very helpful. Thank you. Out of curiosity, what is the company car they provide? Is Abbott closed the week after Christmas and before New Years? Thanks for the help and insight.

The car was a ford focus hybrid and Subaru car for the snow belt. No shut down at Christmas. Low on time off and bonus. I was told before I started from a past employee that it was just one crazy fire drill after another. I did not listen. This was by far the worst experience I had in pharma. It is a great product but I finally came to the conclusion management thinks it sells its self and therefore they treat the sales force with little respect. This company had the most metrics I had ever seen in pharma, but these metrics did not fit the product. Some metrics make sense but when you are more focused on metrics than selling there is a problem. Try to negotiate the highest salary you can get because the bonus is not there. Personally I felt it was a dishonest company. And Abbott has proven that at the top.

The car was a ford focus hybrid and Subaru car for the snow belt. No shut down at Christmas. Low on time off and bonus. I was told before I started from a past employee that it was just one crazy fire drill after another. I did not listen. This was by far the worst experience I had in pharma. It is a great product but I finally came to the conclusion management thinks it sells its self and therefore they treat the sales force with little respect. This company had the most metrics I had ever seen in pharma, but these metrics did not fit the product. Some metrics make sense but when you are more focused on metrics than selling there is a problem. Try to negotiate the highest salary you can get because the bonus is not there. Personally I felt it was a dishonest company. And Abbott has proven that at the top.
The micro mgmt and mistrust is because pretty much ALL the managers are straight from big Pharma companies. Big Pharma is all they know. As far as the comp here it’s more aligned with primary care Pharma jobs. Both specialty Pharma and real device jobs pay much more than here.

wow! My experience exactly.

Lowest to Low. I worked in QA at ADC for 13 years and all the reps and sales types did was complain about the low pay. Must be true.

Well known that Abbott pays their reps on the lowest pay scale in the industry. Especially minorities. Management has a huge disdain for DEI and they whine about this whenever they can.