abbott diabetics

Miles White was never an advocate of a consumer goods business unit.

Miles is not CEO anymore.

However, you do have a point. If Abbott could get a pile of cash for ADC it would be worth dumping the division. ADC caught up and surpassed Dexcom but there are a lot of new CGM technologies around the corner to compete with Libre.

Miles is not CEO anymore.

However, you do have a point. If Abbott could get a pile of cash for ADC it would be worth dumping the division. ADC caught up and surpassed Dexcom but there are a lot of new CGM technologies around the corner to compete with Libre.

Why does ADC pay at the low end of the pay scale if they are all that like you claim?

Why does ADC pay at the low end of the pay scale if they are all that like you claim?

I have no idea.

When I worked there, they paid well. And I am not "claiming" about the revenue. $5B/yr is about what ADC brings in according to the financial reports. Most of this money is coming from CGM. Question is, what is the profit margin on ADC's products? Might be why they pay low these days.

You must have really been under paid prior to joining ADC. Funny how salaries are so relative depending on where people are. Make no bones about it ADC has always been low compared to the market with their comp plan.

You must have really been under paid prior to joining ADC. Funny how salaries are so relative depending on where people are. Make no bones about it ADC has always been low compared to the market with their comp plan.

I was in R&D. I was in the top 20% according to the job boards. My new company said they could only give me a little bit more (it was much better work though) because of my high pay. I think it depends on when you hired into the company and the circumstances at the time. I do know that as ADC started to grow many of the candidates did not accept the offers because they were too low. In general, I did not here employees complain much about the pay. They did complain about the abusive management. It's not good when your bosses steal your ideas.

I was in R&D. I was in the top 20% according to the job boards. My new company said they could only give me a little bit more (it was much better work though) because of my high pay. I think it depends on when you hired into the company and the circumstances at the time. I do know that as ADC started to grow many of the candidates did not accept the offers because they were too low. In general, I did not here employees complain much about the pay. They did complain about the abusive management. It's not good when your bosses steal your ideas.

well on the sales side which is most of us on this site, ADC pay brings up the rear

Well, if the pay is not great and the job does not move you forward it's time to go. I imagine all ADC does these days is sell Libre and maybe a few meters and strips. Could be very boring, especially if the pay sucks.

Captain Obvious has awakened! Where do these dumb bunnies come from. You should apply for a mgmt job here, you’d fit in perfectly. Dummy!

Captain Obvious has awakened! Where do these dumb bunnies come from. You should apply for a mgmt job here, you’d fit in perfectly. Dummy!

Interesting. These two folks are having a simple conversation and you need to be negative and derogatory. I suppose you will react to this post in a typical name calling, Trumpian way.

Interesting. These two folks are having a simple conversation and you need to be negative and derogatory. I suppose you will react to this post in a typical name calling, Trumpian way.
You are suffering from Trump derangement syndrome. You have to bring politics/Trump into the thread.
Go seek professional help.

“Well, if the pay is not great and the job does not move you forward it's time to go”

When you post foolishness like this that’s as obvious as saying it’s hot in Florida in the month of August……. Expect to get roasted on this site.

“Well, if the pay is not great and the job does not move you forward it's time to go”

When you post foolishness like this that’s as obvious as saying it’s hot in Florida in the month of August……. Expect to get roasted on this site.

The poster complaining about the bad pay is at fault. In fact, I see many posts on this thread about ADC's bad pay, shitty rental cars, and bad benefits. This other poster just stated a fact.....just shut up and find a new job.