abbott diabetics

My endo knew very little about the Libre. I found out more on the web than my endo. That’s a bit of a concern right?

It's a concern, but not in the way you are thinking. It means the endocrinologist you spoke with is a dope, or that even though they may be an endo, they really aren't seeing and treating diabetes patents. There is another endo in the office or an NP in the office treating and managing diabetes patients.

It's a concern, but not in the way you are thinking. It means the endocrinologist you spoke with is a dope, or that even though they may be an endo, they really aren't seeing and treating diabetes patents. There is another endo in the office or an NP in the office treating and managing diabetes patients.

He’s sold on the soft tech and won’t budge. I have to say it seems to work just fine. Sometimes my pharmacy has a delay and getting my strips.

Is "soft tech" a meter and strips? They are a bit more accurate than CGM. If all you require is four strips a day, then a meter and strips are cheaper.

Yes Prescision Soft Tech. My doc says it’s the most accurate meter on the market. The strips are preloaded in the pistol and all I do is rest the meter on my arm and pull the trigger. My doc swears by it. Pharmacy has to special order the strips most of the time.

Yes Prescision Soft Tech. My doc says it’s the most accurate meter on the market. The strips are preloaded in the pistol and all I do is rest the meter on my arm and pull the trigger. My doc swears by it. Pharmacy has to special order the strips most of the time.

CGM was primary created for T1 users and those on insulin. I have two cousins who are T2 using insulin and the Libre helped them lower their A1C from 9 to less than 7. CGM has its uses, but meters work fine for many patients.

How long do we have? These things are quickly becoming a commodity and are headed to OTC. Thoughts on what it will look like in 1-3-5 years?

Diabetes monitoring has always been weighted towards OTC.. They’ve always tried to put a pretty dress on diabetes monitoring trying to make it pharma or device but it never has worked. Always falls back to OTC.

Diabetes monitoring has always been weighted towards OTC.. They’ve always tried to put a pretty dress on diabetes monitoring trying to make it pharma or device but it never has worked. Always falls back to OTC.

That's what happens. Back in 2008 ADC management screamed at R&D to "come up with something new" because meters and strips were a commodity. Why R&D came up with Libre. It worked.....revenue at ADC, when I quit in 2013, was about $1B/yr. Now it's closer to $5B, where $4.3B is coming from Libre.

That's what happens. Back in 2008 ADC management screamed at R&D to "come up with something new" because meters and strips were a commodity. Why R&D came up with Libre. It worked.....revenue at ADC, when I quit in 2013, was about $1B/yr. Now it's closer to $5B, where $4.3B is coming from Libre.
Thank God for the strong and visionary leadership of Heather Mason! Abbott needs more “Heathers”!

Order up retail boy.

Garbage division. One day Libre 3 is available, then not. Libre 2 is promoted, then not. Then we’re back to just Libre. Make. Up. Your. Minds. Your executive staff, especially R&D and Medical, are useless fools.

Garbage division. One day Libre 3 is available, then not. Libre 2 is promoted, then not. Then we’re back to just Libre. Make. Up. Your. Minds. Your executive staff, especially R&D and Medical, are useless fools.

Garbage division? Useless fools? Stop calling our divisions and people garbage. You’re the only fool here.