• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

You Heard It Here First...

Truthfully, many shire reps don’t even care. They are so tenured that they will get more than enough severance to carry them. Many I’ve talked to even are waiting it out hoping for a severance. So tease as much as you’d like Takeda reps, not many people on the Shire team are sweating too hard. Your severance on the other hand, I’ve heard it’s not too great

This is very true but as a shire rep I can tell you that anyone especially Shire Neuroscience should understand that we are being downsized. Takeda doesn’t care that you have relationships because it really doesn’t matter that much. You are not that important, do you really think that the providers will stop writing because you are no longer the rep that comes in...get over yourself. $1.5 billion needs to be reduced, Vyvanse is on patent for 4 more years and Mydayis is a dog. Really ask yourself-what is the long term incentive in keeping the shire sales force. There isn’t any. I am so sick of you people believing that you are so important, you are a number and this is a business. Shire may have been small at one point where everyone knew your name but now we are Takeda which is as big pharma as you can get and being that your number doesn’t match up to future numbers you and I are gone. So shut the f up about how valuable we are, you are shouting into a vacuum and no can or wants to hear your moronic points anymore. If you haven’t been preparing start now because at the national sales meeting most of us will not be there and even if you make it through why in hell would you want to continue. They are going to slash your salary, give you a roommate and drive home metric based selling like any big pharma company would. Anytime you have to tell someone how valuable you are..guess what..you aren’t.

Unfortunately this isn’t completely true. A rep who drops off samples and flips through approved marketing pieces is not as valuable as someone who did that 15 years ago and has been successful without vis-aids and samples. It’s the truth. I’m sorry but it is.
The same sample droppers now (the good ones)figure out how to really bring value. Not every patient should be on your product. Develop, grow, become a resource to your physicians and patients. It’s not all about scripts. It’s finding th4 right patient for your product. It sounds like Takeda doesn’t get that or evaluat4etheir reps that way.

im curious to hear more about how certain reps are “viewed as successful” versus others.

The last year the ranking system was beyond SKEWED! Goal attainment was based on a forecast; which was different for ped/adult and basically not uniform.

Thus if Rep grew share, outpaced market and actually made company $$ wasn’t always ranked higher because of a stupid goal metric.

Take away territory names, rank things by share or outpace market, or % change of rx year over year and you will see a MUCH DIFFERENT PICTURE!

That’s your true Presidents Club and top performers !

This is very true but as a shire rep I can tell you that anyone especially Shire Neuroscience should understand that we are being downsized. Takeda doesn’t care that you have relationships because it really doesn’t matter that much. You are not that important, do you really think that the providers will stop writing because you are no longer the rep that comes in...get over yourself. $1.5 billion needs to be reduced, Vyvanse is on patent for 4 more years and Mydayis is a dog. Really ask yourself-what is the long term incentive in keeping the shire sales force. There isn’t any. I am so sick of you people believing that you are so important, you are a number and this is a business. Shire may have been small at one point where everyone knew your name but now we are Takeda which is as big pharma as you can get and being that your number doesn’t match up to future numbers you and I are gone. So shut the f up about how valuable we are, you are shouting into a vacuum and no can or wants to hear your moronic points anymore. If you haven’t been preparing start now because at the national sales meeting most of us will not be there and even if you make it through why in hell would you want to continue. They are going to slash your salary, give you a roommate and drive home metric based selling like any big pharma company would. Anytime you have to tell someone how valuable you are..guess what..you aren’t.

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately this isn’t completely true. A rep who drops off samples and flips through approved marketing pieces is not as valuable as someone who did that 15 years ago and has been successful without vis-aids and samples. It’s the truth. I’m sorry but it is.
The same sample droppers now (the good ones)figure out how to really bring value. Not every patient should be on your product. Develop, grow, become a resource to your physicians and patients. It’s not all about scripts. It’s finding th4 right patient for your product. It sounds like Takeda doesn’t get that or evaluat4etheir reps that way.

OMG! Did you actually say “become a resource to your physicians”???? You are NOT ALLOWED to become a resource by your company, you moron!! There is absolutely nothing any pharma company would allow their reps to do to be any type of real resource to any doctor! Those days ended years ago! You drop samples, have 10 seconds in a hallway to get your stupid, slanted message out, and that’s it! A lunch BUYS you more time, sometimes! You have become a buggy whip sales person. Managers are even more useless! Times are going to get even worse with government regulations.

OMG! Did you actually say “become a resource to your physicians”???? You are NOT ALLOWED to become a resource by your company, you moron!! There is absolutely nothing any pharma company would allow their reps to do to be any type of real resource to any doctor! Those days ended years ago! You drop samples, have 10 seconds in a hallway to get your stupid, slanted message out, and that’s it! A lunch BUYS you more time, sometimes! You have become a buggy whip sales person. Managers are even more useless! Times are going to get even worse with government regulations.

Agreed 100%. People that have more than 15 years to retire should really consider getting out of the industry all together. Starting from scratch in a new industry that’s not on a consistent decline. The good ol days are done. Unless you have really diversified yourself or are in a really specialized therapeutic area get out before it’s to late and your shelf life of being a good candidate for anything else has expired.

TET 2 means Takeda Executive Team level 2 ... TET 1 is already set .

TET 1 are the VP and Theraputeic unit heads in R&D anyways

TET 2 I am guessing names the head of individual departments like Markwt Access or Medical Communications.

TET 3 (rank and file) will be announced in 6 months maybe earlier. Essentially will you get fired or continue on ... Basically shut up and do your work so integration isn’t disrupted.

This is all from email by Andy Plump head of R&D

Takeda HR already sent an email called a Career Readiness Toolkit for Deerfield employees . Labeled as #DFOplortunity . They hired Lee Hecht Harrison to run the show. Basically get ready for your job to be gone. Email was absolutely disgusting. It says at the end there will be workshops, wellness programs, and other events to promote FUN AND FELLOWSHIP ON THE DEERFIELD CAMPUS !! This is verbatim.

Hooray for us !! It’s laughable and shambolic how hamhanded everything in Deerfield has been handled.

US Medical Org has a town hall on FEB 6 ... so all the posts here saying something big is announced Feb 6 is spot on.

TET 2 means Takeda Executive Team level 2 ... TET 1 is already set .

TET 1 are the VP and Theraputeic unit heads in R&D anyways

TET 2 I am guessing names the head of individual departments like Markwt Access or Medical Communications.

TET 3 (rank and file) will be announced in 6 months maybe earlier. Essentially will you get fired or continue on ... Basically shut up and do your work so integration isn’t disrupted.

This is all from email by Andy Plump head of R&D

Takeda HR already sent an email called a Career Readiness Toolkit for Deerfield employees . Labeled as #DFOplortunity . They hired Lee Hecht Harrison to run the show. Basically get ready for your job to be gone. Email was absolutely disgusting. It says at the end there will be workshops, wellness programs, and other events to promote FUN AND FELLOWSHIP ON THE DEERFIELD CAMPUS !! This is verbatim.

Hooray for us !! It’s laughable and shambolic how hamhanded everything in Deerfield has been handled.

US Medical Org has a town hall on FEB 6 ... so all the posts here saying something big is announced Feb 6 is spot on.

What about GEN MED Field SALES? WHEN?? Feb 6th or end of Feb? Get it over with!!

What about GEN MED Field SALES? WHEN?? Feb 6th or end of Feb? Get it over with!!

Thank you! That’s the topic we should stick to. Since management will not answer maybe somebody will leak it out... the other crap posted is of no interest... bottom line we want to know when this is going to happen... because it is going to happen