Yet another Merck failure

<

Robert Davis & Caroline Litchfield should be investigated by the SEC. Total fraud when they said 50% knowing it was only 30%. The stock price went up 10% in a day, media was hyping it as a “GAME CHANGER” Management held a special teleconference stating, “This is our Keytruda moment” all the while they knew it was Snake Oil. SEC is coming down on big sales of stock when MRK went to $91 on bogus data. Heads will roll on this one Merckies.

Robert Davis & Caroline Litchfield should be investigated by the SEC. Total fraud when they said 50% knowing it was only 30%. The stock price went up 10% in a day, media was hyping it as a “GAME CHANGER” Management held a special teleconference stating, “This is our Keytruda moment” all the while they knew it was Snake Oil. SEC is coming down on big sales of stock when MRK went to $91 on bogus data. Heads will roll on this one Merckies.
I don't know that they knew it was only 30%, but I do know something doesn't smell right here. We had Sr. level management public lying touting the 50% effectiveness, made global regulatory filings based on that data...then several weeks later, on a second analysis with more patients we find its only 30% effective? that's a steep decline in a short period of time, with a patient population that was roughly double that of the initial analysis. what changed?? You can bet Mr. Davis will want some answers...

I don't know that they knew it was only 30%, but I do know something doesn't smell right here. We had Sr. level management public lying touting the 50% effectiveness, made global regulatory filings based on that data...then several weeks later, on a second analysis with more patients we find its only 30% effective? that's a steep decline in a short period of time, with a patient population that was roughly double that of the initial analysis. what changed?? You can bet Mr. Davis will want some answers...
meant to say "touting", not "lying touting"...

Chronic Care is supposed to get this Covid Pill. Now what are we going to do?
Belsomra: NOPE
Steglatro: NOPE
Verquvo: NOPE
Covid Pill: NOPE
Chronic Cough Drug: Doubtful

13-10 is such an embarrassment. Management should be held responsible for this fiasco. Where is Med/Legal in all of this. I’m betting they were sitting around trying to harass field reps for doing more than 12 RFM’s in a year. Better yet trying to make it so difficult to have a MMF, or listening in on remote engagements. Shit-Show!!!

Have to agree with PP's, embarrassed is a good word. If you listened to any of the Advisory Committee Meeting (it was public and live streamed), even some of those who voted yes were skeptical, concerned about anyone pregnant taking it