• Thurs news: AbbVie Parkinson’s drug. Arch raises $3B biotech fund. Biogen dropping failed Sage tremor drug. AZ gets sought-after Tagrisso OK. Pfizer withdrawing sickle cell med. See more on our front page

Women need not waste their time at Allergan

It is obvious by your immature, hysterical, whiny post why you did not get the promotion; you are unfit for more responsibilities. So shut the fuck up bitch and take responsibility for your own incompetecies and lack of talent/ability. You pharma Barbie bimbos crack me up.

Oh, look, it's the wounded puppy who hates all women b/c he's insecure and probably has a little penis. Give it a rest you nutjob.

i agree with the above comments about agn being a boys club
i just got off maternity leave a month ago and have never in my life been so harassed
the managers get pissed when you tell them you are pregnant, call you on leave to badger you about coming back, etc
my manager even told some of us he didn't hire a candidate bc she was ugly and fat (hello lawsuit!)
i have been in pharma for 6 years and have never worked for such a good ole boy company

i just got off maternity leave a month ago and have never in my life been so harassed
the managers get pissed when you tell them you are pregnant, call you on leave to badger you about coming back, etc
my manager even told some of us he didn't hire a candidate bc she was ugly and fat (hello lawsuit!)
i have been in pharma for 6 years and have never worked for such a good ole boy company

If they called you at all during your leave, that's illegal. If they came across as pissed when you told them you were expecting. that's unethical and probably illegal. If they harrassed you before, during or after about your pregnancy, leave or family, that's illegal. Talk to an attorney or get out,or both! HR won't do anything to help you and it really is a boys club. There are companies out there that have a clue about family/work balance.

thanks for the advice about getting an attorney
just found out that my manager had been interviewing for my postion during and after my leave even though my numbers are really good and all my field coaching reports have been very positive
I AM GETTING A LAWYER!

heard stiefel is the worst boys club around and they are all fat, ugly, beer belly asshole guys in management that hate women
its pathetic they way the treat (harrass) women they too are a lawsuit waiting to happen
fuck them all

just found out that my manager had been interviewing for my postion during and after my leave even though my numbers are really good and all my field coaching reports have been very positive
I AM GETTING A LAWYER!

There is nothing illegal about prospective interviewing. Given the number of women who decide at the last minute to stay at home, I think a smart mangers puts feelers out and conducts some interviews anytime a woman goes on pregnancy leave. It's not illegal or disrespectful, simply good business.

There is nothing illegal about prospective interviewing. Given the number of women who decide at the last minute to stay at home, I think a smart mangers puts feelers out and conducts some interviews anytime a woman goes on pregnancy leave. It's not illegal or disrespectful, simply good business.

WOW, can we have you on the stand during a trial. Allergan might as well just open up the check book with that attitude.

And yes, it is illegal to interview for a position while a person is out on leave. Each state is a little different buy I would hate to be explaining the above position to a prosecuting attorney or judge.

Yet another reason that Allergan is a bad place for females..

WOW, can we have you on the stand during a trial. Allergan might as well just open up the check book with that attitude.

And yes, it is illegal to interview for a position while a person is out on leave. Each state is a little different buy I would hate to be explaining the above position to a prosecuting attorney or judge.

This is one of the good ol boys. If it is so bad, leave. There are plenty of women in very high ranking positions. But shut up already with the complaining, if is so bad LEAVE, and see how good it is anywhere else.

There are three names of females in upper management listed in this thread. Aside from them, how many others are there?

Allergan is NOT big pharma and is a small company, relatively speaking.

I think they have only maybe 6 executives, so that makes up about 50% not bad. You should see them on the list of top companies for women:

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/bestcompanies/full_list/

Oh wait, sorry...that was Alcon, Eli Lilly, Amgen, Genzyme...my bad!

You are wrong.
It is NOT illegal to do "prospective" interviewing. "Prospective" means you are interviewing to keep a fresh pool of candidates in the hopper should you need to fill a vacancy. It's common practice and I agree with the previous thread, a good manager does it, not just when somoene is on leave but routinely throughout the year.

I AM GETTING A LAWYER!

My husband is an attorney, there is NOTHING illegal about a manager interviewing. You cannot prove intent just because interviews are being conducted in your geography while you're on leave.

get back in the kitchen and make me some pie

So here's a novel idea: think about hiring 50-something women, who are on their own, responsible for self-support, have children who are grown up and on their own, and can really relate to these products and sell them with passion.

So here's a novel idea: think about hiring 50-something women, who are on their own, responsible for self-support, have children who are grown up and on their own, and can really relate to these products and sell them with passion.

I agree. That is the age group that is needed to sell cosmetically.