• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Why Tom Griffin has failed as a leader and failed Bayer Healthcare

Leave tom alone? He ruined this place inside and out. I am just glad he's gone, now he's watson's problem until they fire him but one thing is for sure...he will never be employed here again. So sure everyone leave him alone and be glad he's gone.

Damn, so this mofo finally left! Too bad I quit over a year ago to miss him getting fired. That dude TG was drivin' bayer into the ground, maybe now with him gone you guys have a chance.

Kudos to Bayer for firing Tom Griffin and Marvin Spears, now they need to finish and get rid of Sherri Ferstler. She is a waste of salary since he job is unjustified and she has very little clue of whats going on. It is nice not listening to her say "flawlessly execute" every other sentence, what a moron.

HAHAHAHA this is too funny....please go look at the watson pharma board. Those follks have already figured him out. Looks like he is doing the same he did to BDC.

Bayer, thank you once again for firing this clown. This bud is for you!

HOT OFF THE PRESS: Tommy Boy is coming back to Bayer diabetes as an early Christmas present! He is going to finish driving the final nail into the coffin for this crap hole! Down with the business and up with the admin work.....ARRRRRRRR! Butt Pirates for life!

What is sad is that he has been gone for over a year now and this place has still not been able to recover from what him and his retarded pfizer cronies did. Time to get rid of the last pfizer cronie...hope she gets what she deserves....a pink slip

Driving morale into the ground on all types of employees- field and non-field

Poor communication- out of touch

Lack understanding business channels

Not letting others voice their opinions freely-closed door policy

General lack of knowledge of current market; patients, doctors, etc.

Lack of business acumen intelligence

Spending large amounts of money on wasteful programs and not spending money on the right ones

Lack of direction and accountability for sales strategy

Hiring prior Pfizer co-workers with no consideration for qualified applicants in house

Repeatedly LYING to employees

Pointing fingers at everyone but Tom

Creating a mess of the division and giving competitors a great chance to take advantage

Having been with Bayer over 8 years I am very disappointed as to what he has turned this place into. I only hope with time what has been done and be reversed and this company can be as great as it once was.

Folks the down hill slide all started with the hiring of Clyde Grimm from Abbott back in the early 1990's. He ran off all the older employees who knew what the hell they were doing. His ego preceded his ineptness though.

Driving morale into the ground on all types of employees- field and non-field

Poor communication- out of touch

Lack understanding business channels

Not letting others voice their opinions freely-closed door policy

General lack of knowledge of current market; patients, doctors, etc.

Lack of business acumen intelligence

Spending large amounts of money on wasteful programs and not spending money on the right ones

Lack of direction and accountability for sales strategy

Hiring prior Pfizer co-workers with no consideration for qualified applicants in house

Repeatedly LYING to employees

Pointing fingers at everyone but Tom

Creating a mess of the division and giving competitors a great chance to take advantage

Having been with Bayer over 8 years I am very disappointed as to what he has turned this place into. I only hope with time what has been done and be reversed and this company can be as great as it once was.

He sure can throw a wicked fast ball.

Tommy G recently got fired from actavis....

Very interesting to read all of these posts about TG. He did the exact same thing at Actavis and anyone that had to work/interact with him, were miserable. As my boss said --- "the worst 2 years of my life working for Griffin". Sounds like this is a shared feeling by all, both past and most likely current!