• Fri news: New Novo obesity prospect linked to psychiatric side effects. Summit beats Keytruda in NSCLC. DermaSensor skin cancer detection device. Astellas digital health product. Sanofi MS data. See more on our front page

when is ur next expected major lay off?

I am privy to inside information. I get all of the "scoop" early, but sometimes don't release it. Lay-offs will begin August 7th. Its not going to be pretty this time around. The severance package will not even be close to January 2012. Put your seat belts on, its gonna be a scary ride.

How will the severance be different?

I sure hope nobody is taking this garbage seriously. Takeda is filling positions like crazy right now. Do not look to CP for info when making career decisions. And yes, this will assuredly be followed by a series of posts claimimg I am ignorant to the truth and have my head up my a$$ etc. All that said, the sky is not falling and Takeda will not be laying anyone off in 2012.

Takeda ~

* The maximum number of representatives needed for each territory is 2. In some cases only 1 representative per territory.

* District Sales Managers will manage much larger geography consisting of 10 - 12 representatives spread over several states.

* Regional Sales Director overlay will be reduced to compensate for the reduction of DSM and representatives.

* Diabetes market will remain a long term focus for Takeda. The company will not walk away from its investment in this market.

* Severance packages will be reduced to adjust for declining forecast.

I sure hope nobody is taking this garbage seriously. Takeda is filling positions like crazy right now. Do not look to CP for info when making career decisions. And yes, this will assuredly be followed by a series of posts claimimg I am ignorant to the truth and have my head up my a$$ etc. All that said, the sky is not falling and Takeda will not be laying anyone off in 2012.

Not true. Some key geographies that have been vacant are being filled. That's all.

I guess they want to ramp it up as much as possible for Edarbi, Dexi, Amitiza and Uloric just before the Actos Patent expiration layoff comes. Makes good business sense if you think about it. Get the trajectory of the trend line for those products moving upward as much as possible before the RIF comes and hope the inertia will carry it forward a bit more with only half as many sales reps working for the company.

Here's an idea accounting inventory 101 lesson. LIFO last in first out so the more people they hire, the safer the incompetent REDs and DMs and their cronies. So the fact that they are hiring means nothing. They should go to FIFO and of all the deadwood at the top of the trash pile.

Not true. Some key geographies that have been vacant are being filled. That's all.

I guess they want to ramp it up as much as possible for Edarbi, Dexi, Amitiza and Uloric just before the Actos Patent expiration layoff comes. Makes good business sense if you think about it. Get the trajectory of the trend line for those products moving upward as much as possible before the RIF comes and hope the inertia will carry it forward a bit more with only half as many sales reps working for the company.

Nope, this isn't true either. There are MANY positions being filled. Especially with the large number of people that have left. Regardless, you don't fill positions knowing it will take at least 1 month to get them out in the field and 3 months before they have any impact if you are planning layoffs. Everyone can theorize what they want but the truth is the truth. We didn't just wake up and realize Actos is going generic. We have been planning for this for years. We now have Colchrys which is a big money maker and we have Amitiza locked up for 8 more years. By the way, we are contractually obligated to a certain number of pde's for Amitiza unless we want to end up in arbitration again with a sue happy Sucampo so we have to maintain a certain number of reps. So, no chicken little, the sky is not falling and we will not be going through layoffs this year. But once again, people will hear what they want to hear and believe what they want to believe.

Nope, this isn't true either. There are MANY positions being filled. Especially with the large number of people that have left. Regardless, you don't fill positions knowing it will take at least 1 month to get them out in the field and 3 months before they have any impact if you are planning layoffs. Everyone can theorize what they want but the truth is the truth. We didn't just wake up and realize Actos is going generic. We have been planning for this for years. We now have Colchrys which is a big money maker and we have Amitiza locked up for 8 more years. By the way, we are contractually obligated to a certain number of pde's for Amitiza unless we want to end up in arbitration again with a sue happy Sucampo so we have to maintain a certain number of reps. So, no chicken little, the sky is not falling and we will not be going through layoffs this year. But once again, people will hear what they want to hear and believe what they want to believe.

Insider here: The above is so not true. August 7th is the day. Put your seat belts on kids, its going to be a scary ride!