• Wed news: Lilly’s 4.5B medicine foundry project. 5 FDA decisions to watch in Q4. Hurricane Helene and the health supply chain. Lundbeck taps Charles River for AI-enabled neuro drug discovery. Amgen tax evasion lawsuit. See more on our front page

What Is Your Worst Abbovie Experience?

Anonymous

Is it the constant quota adjustments allowing your partner to replace you for a trip? The constant push for MEI programs? Crappy ride-alongs? Bad roommates at meetings? Tell your story!

<

ride alongs, what a joke! Managers sit and pretend they are a real factor in the reps success or failure, now they are supposed to coach us on our careers...Please get this over with...and also, just pay us a lump sum on severance, none of this pay continuation that ends with finding another job; severance is earned for putting up with this three ring circus for so long....

Is it the constant quota adjustments allowing your partner to replace you for a trip? The constant push for MEI programs? Crappy ride-alongs? Bad roommates at meetings? Tell your story!

I had a DM who had the same comment after every call: "If you had asked a better question, I think the doctor would have talked longer." It didn't matter if there was an emergency in the office, the doctor was 3 hours behind, or they stood and talked for 10 minutes, he had the same statement. And when I would ask this manager to give me an example of a "better question", he'd advise me to come up with one on my own. Even when we had a great day, with several solid discussions and a successful lunch, my FT eval would look the same. After a while, I'd deliberately take him to no-see offices just to rile him. I was probably headed for a PIP when a reorg and layoff moved my territory to a new district. My new DM was a good guy, and my FT evals actually reflected the days' events. He often had suggestions, but he'd hear my point of view if I disagreed. The last few years have been the best of my career, and if I'm severed as expected in the near future, at least I wasn't stuck with a miserable work environment to go along with it.

Being laid off 3 times and having t scramble for a new job in the organization. I also was a senior district manager at one time and I have been demoted down to a sales rep level 1.

Listening to chirpy product managers on conference calls, especially M Bassler talking about all the help they need from us in CC. You can almost hear everybody's eyes rolling across the country.