• Tue news: 23andMe CEO no longer open to takeover. mRNA vaccines may boost cancer immunotherapy. BMS beats $6.4B lawsuit. CVS Health layoffs and potential breakup. JNJ abandoning proposed 340b plan. See more on our front page

What are they doing to West Point?

Disgusting that the useless pos Tillyer replaced a great leader like Steve Young with someone like her - pathetic! And why is he still employed, he singlehandedly destroyed MRL.

West Point is being decommissioned.That is Tiilyer's job and he is being payed very well for that.You should thank him.WP will become a brownfield and Merck will pay for remediation. It was a great run.

I've been over in West Point a few times lately for meetings in a few different research buildings. In several of them I noticed that there were bathroom stall doors that had non-working handles (as in the door cannot be secured). One was in the same condition 2 months after I first noticed it.

Having seen it in multiple buildings that can't be a one-off. I've never seen this sort of thing at West Point before. Has somebody decided that bathrooms are non-critical facilities?

Perhaps the next time I visit West Point I should bring a roll of duct tape?

I hate to say it, but I'm smiling while reading these posts. As for someone who had to work closely with Parmee, only to be "let go" in the end, I can say, it's a beautiful thing to see how many people are seeing the "true" monster she is. I questioned myself on a daily basis because of her abusive nature and after reading this, it helps to know I wasn't a "poor excuse for an employee", but rather one of the masses that made HER feel incompetent.

Parmee = paranoid bully.

What the hell happened? We knew her in the 1990's and she seriously was a blast. We all went drinking together after work...

What I missed when I moved plant sites!

I can't believe Parmee is still here - the fact that she's a female VP is I think the only thing that keeps her around. She's s a pathetic, completely uninspired boss( can't call her a leader , there's no leadership to be found) . Disgusting that the useless pos Tillyer replaced a great leader like Steve Young with someone like her - pathetic! And why is he still employed, he singlehandedly destroyed MRL. Unbelievable that this crew of jackasses continues to still be employed - what does that say about the leadership of the division and the company ?

It says the company is doomed unless these bosses move to where they are unable to destroy. They are ineffective and destructive roadblocks. Steve was brilliant. There are a few VP/Ex Dir and even director changes that are needed.

I can't believe Parmee is still here - the fact that she's a female VP is I think the only thing that keeps her around. She's s a pathetic, completely uninspired boss( can't call her a leader , there's no leadership to be found) . Disgusting that the useless pos Tillyer replaced a great leader like Steve Young with someone like her - pathetic! And why is he still employed, he singlehandedly destroyed MRL. Unbelievable that this crew of jackasses continues to still be employed - what does that say about the leadership of the division and the company ?

It should not be the color, creed or gender but your ability to lead and discover. There are others on site to revisit. PubMed the leaders see how thin some of the CVs.