• Tue news: 23andMe CEO no longer open to takeover. mRNA vaccines may boost cancer immunotherapy. BMS beats $6.4B lawsuit. CVS Health layoffs and potential breakup. JNJ abandoning proposed 340b plan. See more on our front page

What are they doing to West Point?

Anonymous

The research labs are being consolidated into a building that is too small for the work at hand. This guarantees zero growth of research at West Point. They are cramming biologists into chemistry labs and they are spending as little money as possible on renovations. They are doing this fast and cheap, like you might do if you were flipping a house. What is the plan?

<

When you put people like Emma Parmee in charge of Chemistry, what would you expect?

Exactly- she and her boss and their lack of judgement about anything other than self preservation have ruined what was once one of the best med chem groups in the world. To call her a leader is an outright untruth- zero leadership qualities of any kind. She is a horrible person and a terrible leader who would sell her children to save her own ass. Despicable. And what does that say about losers like Rich Tillyer and Chris Hill who put her in place and losers like Rupert who continue to tolerate all of these incompetent, self serving assholes. Hopefully the end is coming shortly for all of them.

Exactly- she and her boss and their lack of judgement about anything other than self preservation have ruined what was once one of the best med chem groups in the world. To call her a leader is an outright untruth- zero leadership qualities of any kind. She is a horrible person and a terrible leader who would sell her children to save her own ass. Despicable. And what does that say about losers like Rich Tillyer and Chris Hill who put her in place and losers like Rupert who continue to tolerate all of these incompetent, self serving assholes. Hopefully the end is coming shortly for all of them.

Wow...quite a fall from her bench days in Rahway. I thought she reported to Ann Weber.

Is R&D done at WP? What are they working on. I was there over 10 years ago and it was without a doubt one of the best places I have ever worked. It's such a shame to hear what has become of the place. It was a great place to work.

Is R&D done at WP? What are they working on. I was there over 10 years ago and it was without a doubt one of the best places I have ever worked. It's such a shame to hear what has become of the place. It was a great place to work.

You can give this 10 year example to many more than the WP med chem group at Merck. It's more like 12-15 years ago for many other groups but put a name where I wrote 'group' and you could be talking about anywhere in the old Merck.

What a shame.

Used to be big R&D in vaccines, also infectious disease, antiviral, neuroscience, Med Chem. Vaccines basic research got slaughtered last year - 50% cuts. Vaccines bioprocess was mostly untouched. You are right, it USED to be a great place to do research and actually contribute to a viable project, e.g., Gardasil. Now, not so much.