We have two weeks to save employee jobs

anonymous

The press and other media outlets need to be informed of the interesting spending in the world of GNE. It would make for a very interesting story that GNE is laying off employees from their most successful launch while continuing to spend money like drunken sailors such as the Christina A. concert for thousands, unnecessary mailings that go out to thousands of employees, unnecessary over-the-top $ meetings, over-the-top alcohol spending, unnecessary gifts. The public has the right to know exactly the type of company GNE is and also how often they have been laying of their employees. It makes no difference if someone is consider an at-will employee when the public really gets to see what happens in the inside. It’s newsworthy.

<

I agree. It’s time to fight back and not accept this as fate for someone to lose their job. They want to do this? Then the public and medical community should know the real story on what they do here.

The press and other media outlets need to be informed of the interesting spending in the world of GNE. It would make for a very interesting story that GNE is laying off employees from their most successful launch while continuing to spend money like drunken sailors such as the Christina A. concert for thousands, unnecessary mailings that go out to thousands of employees, unnecessary over-the-top $ meetings, over-the-top alcohol spending, unnecessary gifts. The public has the right to know exactly the type of company GNE is and also how often they have been laying of their employees. It makes no difference if someone is consider an at-will employee when the public really gets to see what happens in the inside. It’s newsworthy.

MOVE ON!!!!! Just business as usual. And how is this different from other companies??? Make sure to post your base salary, bonus, company car, cell phone allowance, and severance when speaking to the public! We’ll see whose side they will be on!!!!! They are so sympathetic to reps....More cuts please!

MOVE ON!!!!! Just business as usual. And how is this different from other companies??? Make sure to post your base salary, bonus, company car, cell phone allowance, and severance when speaking to the public! We’ll see whose side they will be on!!!!! They are so sympathetic to reps....More cuts please!

Whose side are you on asshole? You can’t be a rep or at east don’t work here. You are a dick. I agree with this post. Your pay makes no difference. Everyone Has a rough idea how much reps get paid and most would never put up with the shift reps have to deal with for no kind of money and these type of comments are made all the time. So you MOVE ON OUT OF HERE!!!!! NO ONE wants to hear from your ass.

This has nothiñg to do with someone’s salary.

Yes this has nothing to do with someone’s pay and the market dictates the pay. This isn’t no easy job and there have been many people I’ve know over the years, such a sad pharmacists and nurses, that tried their hand at the job and absolutely hated it saying no money in the world is worth doing what you do. This is about the company doing the right thing. What they may be doing is legal, but it doesn’t make it right. They have no value for their employees.

Yes this has nothing to do with someone’s pay and the market dictates the pay. This isn’t no easy job and there have been many people I’ve know over the years, such a sad pharmacists and nurses, that tried their hand at the job and absolutely hated it saying no money in the world is worth doing what you do. This is about the company doing the right thing. What they may be doing is legal, but it doesn’t make it right. They have no value for their employees.

How old are you 12? Life isn’t fair!!! Move on!!!! As a Roche shareholder, I track how much revenue is generated per employee. I want it as lean as possible. Keep the emotion out of it. MOVE ON!!!!!

I have to agree, after 20 years in the industry and a dozen at GNE, I've been displaced before and I've dodged it. The idea that anyone is going to be sympathetic to someone getting a $60K severance package is ludicrous.

You realize that the median annual income in most of the country is less than $60K, and I'm sorry to offend but your job is not that hard. You want a hard job, try farming, working in a factory, or driving a UPS truck. Pharmacists and nurses fail often because the take the rejection personally, and they're accustomed to being needed. It's not that they don't have the intellectual chops to do the job. It's that simple.

Enjoy the ride while it last, and don't try and burn the house down. That would just be stupid.

Amen....entiltled little children complaining that they got laid off and now want to try to burn the company and the industry.....Like a little baby throwing a temper tantrem.....meanwhile they were in the front row of the concert sending selfies on insta gram, drinking at the free bars, most likely ordering room service and trying to figure out to bill it to the company even tjhought that meal was already provided but they were to lazy or hung over to go to the company dinner....Be happy that you had the ride, dig in and find another opportunity while your severance pays your bills. It's ma mean world out there....so you better get used to it. perhaps try a 100% commision job for a bit and you will definately realize how easy your job was and how fortunate you were to have it. I have been laid off several times over the last 10 years....its the nature of the beast in our industry now.

It’s newsworthy:D:D. LOL

Amen....entiltled little children complaining that they got laid off and now want to try to burn the company and the industry.....Like a little baby throwing a temper tantrem.....meanwhile they were in the front row of the concert sending selfies on insta gram, drinking at the free bars, most likely ordering room service and trying to figure out to bill it to the company even tjhought that meal was already provided but they were to lazy or hung over to go to the company dinner....Be happy that you had the ride, dig in and find another opportunity while your severance pays your bills. It's ma mean world out there....so you better get used to it. perhaps try a 100% commision job for a bit and you will definately realize how easy your job was and how fortunate you were to have it. I have been laid off several times over the last 10 years....its the nature of the beast in our industry now.

Agreed! Maybe you should go public with your Ocrevus $40k quarterly bonus. How do you think that would make you look? Seems like you benefitted fairly nicely and now you're crying as is the sweet free money severance is not enough for your lavish lifestyle, boo hoo. Poor baby! Wow Christina Aguilera played a corp concert , big deal. People will focus on your 40k bonus before a one time corporate gig. Nothing lasts forever, especially jobs, so move on and get another one. Do you not have confidence to land another job or do you need a sell itself drug like Ocrevus to do it for you?

Agreed! Maybe you should go public with your Ocrevus $40k quarterly bonus. How do you think that would make you look? Seems like you benefitted fairly nicely and now you're crying as is the sweet free money severance is not enough for your lavish lifestyle, boo hoo. Poor baby! Wow Christina Aguilera played a corp concert , big deal. People will focus on your 40k bonus before a one time corporate gig. Nothing lasts forever, especially jobs, so move on and get another one. Do you not have confidence to land another job or do you need a sell itself drug like Ocrevus to do it for you?

Dude you need a life. That’s big money? I was making 40k in bonus in my Primary care days. We were promised way more than that. That’s nothing. You seem to want to expel a lot of energy fighting everyone on here. You have a grudge to grind and you really do some pathetic.

Hmmm interesting. What reps were at the concert? You? It’s easy to tell you keep posting on here. Same poster. Same asshole.

Dude you need a life. That’s big money? I was making 40k in bonus in my Primary care days. We were promised way more than that. That’s nothing. You seem to want to expel a lot of energy fighting everyone on here. You have a grudge to grind and you really do some pathetic.

Ok calling BS here, please do tell everyone where you made $40K per quarter in primary care?

Ok calling BS here, please do tell everyone where you made $40K per quarter in primary care?

I’m not one of th posters until now but havebto ask you something? This website is to allow people to air their grievances. What do you do here at Genentech? If you’re so happy here, then why the hell are you on here so much? Really why? It’s very clear you have been closely monitoring these threads and will stop at nothing to go against the grain what everyone else is feeling. Anyone reading this, I believe this poster is a plant from corporate. I remember early in in my career, a manager who I respected told me the drug companies closely monitor this site and actually pay people to trash the posters. I believe this to be true. Any normal human being would not think layoffs in any capacity is right. No seasoned between with a lot of experience is going to accept a position where they would only get a year or two out of a job. Wouldn’t happen. No way. The seasoned rep will always look at the big picture of their career. Now you can come back and dance around with another cute reply but no one cares. Genentech may be perfectly in their legal right to let go whomeber they want but it doesn’t make it right. You can keep flapping your gums but if it was happening to you we would hear a completely different story. They are definitely some big headed pricks in this franchise but I don’t believe you are avrep here. Not even for a minute. It took me forever to read all of this thread and more than half the posts are from you. Just doesn’t add up and no one seems to be buying what your shoveling.

I’m not one of th posters until now but havebto ask you something? This website is to allow people to air their grievances. What do you do here at Genentech? If you’re so happy here, then why the hell are you on here so much? Really why? It’s very clear you have been closely monitoring these threads and will stop at nothing to go against the grain what everyone else is feeling. Anyone reading this, I believe this poster is a plant from corporate. I remember early in in my career, a manager who I respected told me the drug companies closely monitor this site and actually pay people to trash the posters. I believe this to be true. Any normal human being would not think layoffs in any capacity is right. No seasoned between with a lot of experience is going to accept a position where they would only get a year or two out of a job. Wouldn’t happen. No way. The seasoned rep will always look at the big picture of their career. Now you can come back and dance around with another cute reply but no one cares. Genentech may be perfectly in their legal right to let go whomeber they want but it doesn’t make it right. You can keep flapping your gums but if it was happening to you we would hear a completely different story. They are definitely some big headed pricks in this franchise but I don’t believe you are avrep here. Not even for a minute. It took me forever to read all of this thread and more than half the posts are from you. Just doesn’t add up and no one seems to be buying what your shoveling.
Totally! Thanks for taking the time to send this troll on his way.

Glad you took such elaborate effort to identify me. The OCRE T-shirt I have on which reads, Our Vision: Transform MS might so you may not be 100% correct.

I have been displaced before and it took several months to find a new job in the industry. The problem for most reps is that by being field-based there are few opportunities in their community where they can have the lucrative income and the autonomy that they have as a pharmaceutical sales rep. What I get sick of seeing is the entitlement mentality of some many of these people. Rather than being grateful for the opportunities they've had and acting like a grownup, they want to throw a temper tantrum and talk about filing lawsuits and BS like that. A dose of reality and the real world would do many of these folks good, perhaps have to drive an Uber for a few months or go into an office from 8 to 5 everyday.

Most of the post on this thread are not from me.