• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

Vertex

Thank you Joe Cozz! All your non-recruiting (wink wink) efforts to take Gileads are paying off!!! You Win!!! HR will never be able to catch up with you, you super sneak.

What do you mean by 'BIAACH'? The word on the street is that Gilead has issues or their own? Perhaps, Vertex is the place to be. Do you see the recent news on Telapirvir? Not Bad...not bad at all...Time to rank in some dinero....Hasta la vista, baby!

KB and WL, so happy to hear you guys are on board at Vertex. I'm sending my resume ASAP. Can't believe MM and PO are going over too... Vertex is taking the best of the best!

regardless of who likes them.. why does Vertex hire managers from Gilead like WL and KB who know hep b... but are clueless about the Hep c market? come on people... who hires a manager to pick a sales team and launch a new drug when they have never managed a district full of field reps?

That just seems like Gilead favors Gilead at Vertex so all of us have a golden ticket to jump ship.

regardless of who likes them.. why does Vertex hire managers from Gilead like WL and KB who know hep b... but are clueless about the Hep c market? come on people... who hires a manager to pick a sales team and launch a new drug when they have never managed a district full of field reps?

That just seems like Gilead favors Gilead at Vertex so all of us have a golden ticket to jump ship.

The ship is almost full and getting ready to set sail. Carelful, your slot might already be filled.

Wow, same idiot who posted some time ago who didn't get the job!! Sucks to be you!! PS, get over yourself bc Hep B is much more clinical sell then Hep C!!

anyone here turn down an offer? I just heard gilead are the only good reps they have hired. very few good roche sales reps moved over and the merck reps they are hiring all have dismal sales results because pegintron has only 15% share nationwide.

I turned down the offer. When you look at the data for potential to replace standard background therapy it does not add up. Furthermore, when you look at the numbers on paper it does appear that Vertex is trying to build up thier cash reserves based on their pay structure. Think alot of people drank the kool aid too early on this opportunity, especially when you look at thier recent withdrawal of increased opptys in the combo market. Pretty strong statement from what is supposed to be the leader in HCV therapy. Remember, peg interferon/ribavirin will always be part of that viral structure.

i did final interview last week and waiting to hear if i got offer. At first rounds i knew almost every rep lined up for an interview and half of them are a joke. They interviewed people who everyone in town knows were fired. Hep is a small world.. who are they kidding?

i am not sure if I will accept offer if i get one because my sales counterparts are going to drag us all down. docs have a small warehouse of patients ready to treat... but after the first burst the gravy train is gone. Everyone will go back to waiting for interferon sparing regimen.

I turned down the offer. When you look at the data for potential to replace standard background therapy it does not add up. Furthermore, when you look at the numbers on paper it does appear that Vertex is trying to build up thier cash reserves based on their pay structure. Think alot of people drank the kool aid too early on this opportunity, especially when you look at thier recent withdrawal of increased opptys in the combo market. Pretty strong statement from what is supposed to be the leader in HCV therapy. Remember, peg interferon/ribavirin will always be part of that viral structure.

Thanks for the feedback. Can you elaborate on why you think this is a bad move?

That's how it always works right? JC wants to bring in people he knows and trusts. I don't know KB & WL personally, but at Gilead they had solid reputations. What I want to know is are they looking at HIV reps. If so I'm sending my resume in too!