• Thurs news: Novo Nordisk’s port strike distribution plan. Arcus/AZ renal cancer trial. Lilly weight loss drugs no longer in shortage. Difficulties of a CVS breakup. Google and Biontech AI lab assistants. See more on our front page

Thanks for the promised call back for the interview for Humira.

Anonymous

Went through a typical phone screening from an arrogant manager at a chance to promote your now "me too" anti-TNF Mab drug. Was told I did a great job in the screening and would be contacted for moving on to the next step. Never heard a word. Hope this person experiences this in the future. Not panicked by any means but would appreciate the common courtesy of not being blown off or lied too.

Now come on everybody and tell me how stupid and shallow I am for expecting common courtesy. Hope all these types of folks involved in this process get downsized and have to fight to work at Burger King. KARMA

<

Had same w experience two years ago. Phone screen w DM. She was getting
Faucet replaced while screening me. Ridiculous. Sure, it's a franchise
Chock full of all stars- led by assholes.

Find another job. Not being asked to sell like "it's your dog stand" or "to sell that every one percent increase in HDL results in a decrease in CV events". It kills me the same people that road our asses to sell Niaspan are not here to take responsibility for anything they said. Or made us say.....

They are making the big bucks probably Spinning the hell out Humira. Trying to get doctors to treat mild to moderate though the indication is moderate to severe. I can here them now. Meanwhile your Mother's doctor is convinced to treat "mild to moderate", by the same people that convinced them to treat Low HDL! SCARY!!!!!!!!

And please don't tell me that increasing low HDL is beneficial. I might shoot the computer! I am desperately trying to leave this f'd up industry. I am so depressed I have spent all these years selling bullshit. I was so naive. So innocent. So trusting. Medicine speaks for itself. You know it. I know it. It doesn't need spinning. Ashamed I did it for so long.

My point, they would force you to do inappropriate things to sell Humira. It's the Culture. Do you really want blood on your hands?????????????????

Find another job. Not being asked to sell like "it's your dog stand" or "to sell that every one percent increase in HDL results in a decrease in CV events". It kills me the same people that road our asses to sell Niaspan are not here to take responsibility for anything they said. Or made us say.....

They are making the big bucks probably Spinning the hell out Humira. Trying to get doctors to treat mild to moderate though the indication is moderate to severe. I can here them now. Meanwhile your Mother's doctor is convinced to treat "mild to moderate", by the same people that convinced them to treat Low HDL! SCARY!!!!!!!!

And please don't tell me that increasing low HDL is beneficial. I might shoot the computer! I am desperately trying to leave this f'd up industry. I am so depressed I have spent all these years selling bullshit. I was so naive. So innocent. So trusting. Medicine speaks for itself. You know it. I know it. It doesn't need spinning. Ashamed I did it for so long.

My point, they would force you to do inappropriate things to sell Humira. It's the Culture. Do you really want blood on your hands?????????????????

Not commenting on your rant, but as a HCP, very low HDL does raise CV risk. Hypoalphalipoproteinemia is a RISK component of Framingham. And you are correct, good medicine doesn't need spinning, but delivering a truthful message is still important.

The coward manager I was interviewing with sent me a no thanks email. Two phone interviews and said I may be asked for face to face. Received a BS email...no thank you. Really, can't even call me or allow me to call and review interview. I'm on the first opportunity out of here. 15 years of good work without one bit of courtesy. FU AbbVie. By the way...get ready metabolics your next.

Treating it pharmacologically with Niaspan doesnt do anything. Sure it's a term and its a risk factor but NIASPAN doesn't work. You know it. I know it.

That is what is wrong with the industry. Spinning! Two Major studies have recently shown Niaspan in addition to a station provides no benefit.

And yet, no one has been or will be punished for selling a now proven incorrect message. They have moved on to a bigger more profitable drug. Call it a rant if you want. It's the TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been with Abbott in pharma for almost 20 years. There is never any sense of decency or respect towards employees. Its a culture of ass kissing, period. When the chips are down, they throw their employees to the curb.
Abbvie has proven, as suspected, to be no different. Same players.
Just can't wait to see these ass kissers get their walking papers soon just like the few who have shown some self respect.
The other areas of AbbVie will be pushed and prodded until their day of "lean and mean" comes and it will not be long.
This industry has reached a low point of sustainability of these so-called "sales" positions. Now upper management will really show their true color when it comes to treating employees with respect. Be prepared with another plan.

Treating it pharmacologically with Niaspan doesnt do anything. Sure it's a term and its a risk factor but NIASPAN doesn't work. You know it. I know it.

That is what is wrong with the industry. Spinning! Two Major studies have recently shown Niaspan in addition to a station provides no benefit.

And yet, no one has been or will be punished for selling a now proven incorrect message. They have moved on to a bigger more profitable drug. Call it a rant if you want. It's the TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, take it easy. I'm not going to argue the value of Niaspan or raising HDL with niacin. Regardless, we tried to promote a product based on the evidence we had at the time and what the medical establishment, led by NIH, believed was appropriate. There's no reason to be guilt-ridden about that. And it's not just us. Other pharma companies spent big bucks trying to prove the HDL paradigm.
But our battle is over. Time to move on. Don't make yourself sick dwelling on the past. Focus on the future.

I have been with Abbott in pharma for almost 20 years. There is never any sense of decency or respect towards employees. Its a culture of ass kissing, period. When the chips are down, they throw their employees to the curb.
Just can't wait to see these ass kissers get their walking papers soon just like the few who have shown some self respect.
The other areas of AbbVie will be pushed and prodded until their day of "lean and mean" comes and it will not be long.
This industry has reached a low point of sustainability of these so-called "sales" positions. Now upper management will really show their true color when it comes to treating employees with respect. Be prepared with another plan.

Very concise and truthful.

Whoa.....easy now OP. not sure what has made you such a bitter person. I have been here 15 years , selling Humira for 7. Never once promoted below the label. Never. I really can't think of any of my colleagues that have. The medicine has its own merits and until you educate yourself on the other products in its class, including the multiple labels, then you need to go away. Soon to be the most successfull #1 branded drug in the world. Let me help you with something....it doesn't happen from spinning, it happens when providers around the world talk about what the drug does for their patients and in their personal experience. Sorry you didn't get a call back, but hummmm, maybe that little attitude of yours came through a little bit . Bye bye

Whoa.....easy now OP. not sure what has made you such a bitter person. I have been here 15 years , selling Humira for 7. Never once promoted below the label. Never. I really can't think of any of my colleagues that have. The medicine has its own merits and until you educate yourself on the other products in its class, including the multiple labels, then you need to go away. Soon to be the most successfull #1 branded drug in the world. Let me help you with something....it doesn't happen from spinning, it happens when providers around the world talk about what the drug does for their patients and in their personal experience. Sorry you didn't get a call back, but hummmm, maybe that little attitude of yours came through a little bit . Bye bye

Mr. Smug Humira rep,
You need to get a clue bro. Your ass is hangin out too when it comes to job security. Your competition stiffens daily and its going to be all about price soon.
Humira is run like a preschool with micromanagement and infantile approaches. Got anyone covering the same providers as you? Well, that duplication will be soon ending. It is inefficient and nothing more then an irritant to the offices of today. The pharma model is changing drastically. Humira is no big shit anymore. It is in a crowded market and Pfizer is licking their chops with the oral version.
Don't be so smug. You may be safe for this year, but I still wouldn't bet on it.
In the meantime, enjoy the pressure cooker environment. And keep those pizzas delivered on time and nice and warm for the cows that you serve. LMFAO!!

I understand why the original poster is upset...Unfortunately we are all about to experience something brand new...COMPLETE INDIFFERENCE...

You better have skin a mile thick if you plan on dealing with recruiters and interviews in this industry going forward..

I'm just telling you now...You can think you nailed an interview or phone screen and if they fing the "right" candidate after they talk to you...You will hear nothing from the interviewer ...from the recruiter...from anyone...

Just they way it is now. My advice...run to a new industry while you can...

Be pleased, happy and glad you did not get the call back. I cannot stand to be 1000 feet of a pharma DM, RD or VP. 90% are clowns with out the nose. I have chosen to leave the industry.

Before my exit I had some fun with them. No show for interviews, excusing myself and ending the interview when asked to role play the pen selling task and hammering them at the end of interviews. I love these morons. They ask you a list of dumb questions and role play the interview when they know someone has already been picked. By the way, did nt the pen selling task go out in 1975? Complete charade.

Love em. Question: What do you do to build a cohesive team? Answer: I make spread sheets. True, no joke.

Question: What do like about your company OTHER! than-PIPELINE, CULTURE and PEOPLE? Answer: The people, culture and pipeline. Good God how dumb can you be to "lead a team". Jab my eye out with a pencil.

Went through a typical phone screening from an arrogant manager at a chance to promote your now "me too" anti-TNF Mab drug. Was told I did a great job in the screening and would be contacted for moving on to the next step. Never heard a word. Hope this person experiences this in the future. Not panicked by any means but would appreciate the common courtesy of not being blown off or lied too.

Now come on everybody and tell me how stupid and shallow I am for expecting common courtesy. Hope all these types of folks involved in this process get downsized and have to fight to work at Burger King. KARMA

No way. I am on your team. I refuse to jump through the hoops and light my hair on fire for a self-important ass-hole. Only in pharma. A pool of fools. Cut your losses and take your talent elsewhere. You are better than this. Just imagine having to work for this idiot?
You won this one and don t even know it.

A DM I knew some years ago thought he was pretty cool and laughed about badgering reps in interviews. He was canned after about a year and hand to go back and interview for rep jobs. He said it was not very fun getting the shit end of the stick. What goes round....

Mr. Smug Humira rep,
You need to get a clue bro. Your ass is hangin out too when it comes to job security. Your competition stiffens daily and its going to be all about price soon.
Humira is run like a preschool with micromanagement and infantile approaches. Got anyone covering the same providers as you? Well, that duplication will be soon ending. It is inefficient and nothing more then an irritant to the offices of today. The pharma model is changing drastically. Humira is no big shit anymore. It is in a crowded market and Pfizer is licking their chops with the oral version.
Don't be so smug. You may be safe for this year, but I still wouldn't bet on it.
In the meantime, enjoy the pressure cooker environment. And keep those pizzas delivered on time and nice and warm for the cows that you serve. LMFAO!!

Touche'!! So very true. Humira is a glorified pizza delivery job, just like primary care. Only they have tons of pressure and anal managers. Good luck with that scenario. lol

Humira rep here...Ive had 3 DMs, none were/are micromanagers. Not one ever asked me to sell in any non-compliant way. Earlier poster had it right, the drug sells itself to an extent, we spend most of our time differentiating on managed care, patient services, and indications our competitors do not have. Adalimumab is different, thats why its the top selling drug in the world. It is true however, that we will one day be let go as Humira reps, whether its due to biosimilars or some new drug that works better or even some fundamental change in how healthcare is paid for like Obamacare. The difference between us and you is while you're still bitchin and moaning about how you got screwed we will be getting the next choice job. Good luck!

Very rude people at AbbVie. If you don't get a call, count your lucky stars. It is a terrible place imho.

Humira rep here...Ive had 3 DMs, none were/are micromanagers. Not one ever asked me to sell in any non-compliant way. Earlier poster had it right, the drug sells itself to an extent, we spend most of our time differentiating on managed care, patient services, and indications our competitors do not have. Adalimumab is different, thats why its the top selling drug in the world. It is true however, that we will one day be let go as Humira reps, whether its due to biosimilars or some new drug that works better or even some fundamental change in how healthcare is paid for like Obamacare. The difference between us and you is while you're still bitchin and moaning about how you got screwed we will be getting the next choice job. Good luck!

The next choice job? Have another Kool-aid and buy a three year planner. Chart out entry, exit and size of job impact for these " choice" opportunities. Reflect on size of total Humira sales AND support force. Let the reality set in.

Good luck to you as well.