State of Mid-Atlantic Labs

Any reasonable updates about the listed labs at this point? Almost the end of the year…

Rumors go as followed, correct if there’s any misinformation:
TT employees are looking to get out ASAP due to the crisis ongoing, Medscreen is rumored to be selling/sold, Ammon isn’t out of bankruptcy even though there’s buzz they did, and other smaller labs around the east coast are closing down.

It’s not looking good.

TT employees are looking to get out ASAP due to the crisis ongoing, Medscreen is rumored to be selling/sold, Ammon isn’t out of bankruptcy even though there’s buzz they did, and other smaller labs around the east coast are closing down.

It’s not looking good.

Not only are east coast labs in trouble but others as well. Aegis is for sale. Genetworx is for sale and Dominion is in trouble. It is an absolute mess. Most labs tried to take PCR capacity and bill UTI, Gastro & RSV panels, but payers are cracking down, requiring pre-authorization and now auditing back claims to medical necessity. I knew these labs would over utilize the testing to try to survive. Also don't forget labs are now getting HRSA audits from COVID testing. More labs are going out of business and Labcorp and Quest are trying to pick up capacity for testing. The are 1-3 weeks and 5-16 days respectively on drug test TAT. They can't handle the volume but in some areas due to insurance issues, providers have not choice but to use the big 2.

It is a complete mess!

Not only are east coast labs in trouble but others as well. Aegis is for sale. Genetworx is for sale and Dominion is in trouble. It is an absolute mess. Most labs tried to take PCR capacity and bill UTI, Gastro & RSV panels, but payers are cracking down, requiring pre-authorization and now auditing back claims to medical necessity. I knew these labs would over utilize the testing to try to survive. Also don't forget labs are now getting HRSA audits from COVID testing. More labs are going out of business and Labcorp and Quest are trying to pick up capacity for testing. The are 1-3 weeks and 5-16 days respectively on drug test TAT. They can't handle the volume but in some areas due to insurance issues, providers have not choice but to use the big 2.

It is a complete mess!

This is more than a complete mess, rather a recipe for disaster. At this time, the industry is at ultimate overwork. The covering the trails are all out in the open now. HRSA claims are known to be huge and quite a rampage to deal with. This is an all time game of monopoly for LabCorp and LabQuest. It’s a tragic case for all those involved because people with rightfully not be in peace with a means of having a decent livelihood. The real life game of monopoly is here…

Who cares about all of these Mid Atlantic Labs….if they are crooked then the government will do their job and they will be fined or shut down. And if they shut down…big deal. Seems like someone has a broader agenda here to keep mentioning all of them. I don’t think anyone really gives a Sh#%!

So none of these shady labs are doing well?

It is a struggling game right now. Anyways, the leading labs will just take whatever is left when things get worse off for these companies.

The most recent comment has one useful insight which is the government will catch up and it’ll be history…That’s about it.

Who cares about all of these Mid Atlantic Labs….if they are crooked then the government will do their job and they will be fined or shut down. And if they shut down…big deal. Seems like someone has a broader agenda here to keep mentioning all of them. I don’t think anyone really gives a Sh#%!

Well the Mid-Atlantic labs & their clients give a Sh#%! It will be a big deal if these labs shut down because L & Q can't handle all the work and deliver poor service in the SUD and BH markets. You should get a clue before commenting!

There is a ton of opportunity still in lab in the northeast. You are mentioning all shady labs. You are missing a few others like quality, Acutis, top labs. The big specialty labs are still stable career choice. I think finding the right company and leadership will help tremendously. I wouldn’t recommend pharma over lab. It’s the same except lab you will have more opportunity to make bigger paychex. Healthcare IT seems to be where a lot of people are moving into. My advice would be to research if you want to be in the diagnostic Space. But it’s definitely far from being dead. Good luck in your search.

Are you calling Quality a top lab? Lmao. How Acutis is still in business in the NE is beyond belief since toxicology is a lose for any lab.

It’s not looking good.

Additional update:
Ammon is under a new issue, OIG was mentioned and something along the lines of PBS…

Additional update:
Ammon is under a new issue, OIG was mentioned and something along the lines of PBS…
Are you kidding ? It was obviously a joke. There is no OIG (what is that) and PBS??? public broadcasting system ???
It’s an obvious response to absolute ridiculous postings ! Check the irony !
Ammon is struggling like every tox lab in NJ. No better and no worse.

It’s not looking good.

All those labs listed are currently not back on track, it’s only with time that things will phase out as bad as this seems. Any reasonable update would just be more bad than good.

Are you kidding ? It was obviously a joke. There is no OIG (what is that) and PBS??? public broadcasting system ???
It’s an obvious response to absolute ridiculous postings ! Check the irony !
Ammon is struggling like every tox lab in NJ. No better and no worse.

Are you an idiot? OIG is the Office of the Inspector General. I guess they should have used the entire initials: HHS OIG:

Enforcement Actions

PBS is a billing scheme where you use another provider (usually the ordering provider or hospital) to bill claims from an independent lab to Medicare, Medicaid or private payers. The non-lab entity usually get higher rates and then the lab splits the fees after costs with the billing entity. This is an AKS violation just like all MSA contracts.

I am not sure if Ammon did any of this, but the rumors are they are under investigation by HHS OIG for the above and also for issues arising from COVID testing billed to HRSA program.

Are you an idiot? OIG is the Office of the Inspector General. I guess they should have used the entire initials: HHS OIG:

Enforcement Actions

PBS is a billing scheme where you use another provider (usually the ordering provider or hospital) to bill claims from an independent lab to Medicare, Medicaid or private payers. The non-lab entity usually get higher rates and then the lab splits the fees after costs with the billing entity. This is an AKS violation just like all MSA contracts.

I am not sure if Ammon did any of this, but the rumors are they are under investigation by HHS OIG for the above and also for issues arising from COVID testing billed to HRSA program.

Thank you for gracefully clarifying this, you didn’t diminish what all meant.

Enforcement Actions

Aren’t these dubbed as significant violations in the lab industry? If this is true, that would just serve as further roadblock for Ammon and establishes the death of the NJ toxicology industry even more.

Self explanatory at most though.

Aren’t these dubbed as significant violations in the lab industry? If this is true, that would just serve as further roadblock for Ammon and establishes the death of the NJ toxicology industry even more.

Self explanatory at most though.

"establishes the death of the NJ toxicology industry even more."?

Ammon is an insignificant lab. They used to be a $50m lab and are now maybe $6m at best!