• Fri news: New Novo obesity prospect linked to psychiatric side effects. Summit beats Keytruda in NSCLC. DermaSensor skin cancer detection device. Astellas digital health product. Sanofi MS data. See more on our front page

Recruiter called for contract position

anonymous

First of all, I'm sorry you are all going through this. I have been in pharma for over 10 years and it can suck the life out of you--

with that said, I know nothing about your situation, but received a recruiter call about selling on contract for BI. 200 contract reps across the nation. The contract is for 2 years and selling jardiance.

With what I'm reading, it seems odd to be expanding into contract sales. Can anyone provide some insight.

Thank you and just know there are greener pastures out there.

<

First of all, I'm sorry you are all going through this. I have been in pharma for over 10 years and it can suck the life out of you--

with that said, I know nothing about your situation, but received a recruiter call about selling on contract for BI. 200 contract reps across the nation. The contract is for 2 years and selling jardiance.

With what I'm reading, it seems odd to be expanding into contract sales. Can anyone provide some insight.

Thank you and fuck you, all at once. Greener pastures? How shitty is your current pasture that you're looking at ours, that is currently a million acre dumpster fire, and are you entertaining the idea.

Know if you come, you'll be working with the worst of BI that think they're the best or working with the best that are job hunting as they quit caring Feb 12. Good luck with the interview

BI entered into an agreement with Lilly for X number of spots for share of voice. Germany was sold on idea of head count reduction to save costs. So they downsized both resp and diabetes positions giving notice Feb 12th. Lilly in May said BI can't cut diabetes because you promised X number of reps. (Seems they were 250 short of that number) and BI are dumb fucks for not remembering this. Rather than giving a hand out to the diabetes reps given notice in Feb that you will be safe; our C-suite just decided to fill the amount needed to reach the BI-Lilly number by contract sales force for 2 years. If drug blows up after 2 years then possible for extension of contract but who knows.

Here's some history:
They promised us after the 2009 layoff that all new hires would only be contract and then in 2012 they decided to roll all of the contracts into BI. Will this happen again - who knows but they did do that before. If I was contract force I would be giving minimal effort. Why give them the milk for free when there will be no obligation from them to roll you into a real position with good benefits.

Good luck- there will be Lilly reps, bi reps, and now ashfield reps all clamoring for the same docs in the same office so with 3 ppl hitting the same doc there's a lot of wiggle room for you to slack off like a mother; but in my experience you would be hard pressed to slack anywhere as much as those worthless Lilly reps. Seems to be a sweet gig if you ask me. No real accountability and won't be rode hard by a manager.

Best of luck

Thank you and fuck you, all at once. Greener pastures? How shitty is your current pasture that you're looking at ours, that is currently a million acre dumpster fire, and are you entertaining the idea.

Know if you come, you'll be working with the worst of BI that think they're the best or working with the best that are job hunting as they quit caring Feb 12. Good luck with the interview

How shitty is it that your employer is dumping multiple of you botto dwellers with bad attitudes? I will be happy to work for Ashfield and bring the BI product line back to light.

How shitty is it that your employer is dumping multiple of you botto dwellers with bad attitudes? I will be happy to work for Ashfield and bring the BI product line back to light.

If you "will be happy to work for Ashfield," it proves that you are an underachieving loser!
Assfield as an employer should do wonders for your career. LMAO @ U

The line is already in the light, numb-nuts. They need need to meet a pre-specified number per the contract. But imho you don't need 3 reps calling on the same doc on the same drug. That's what BI thought and got rid of diabetes reps until Lilly called BI out on it.

If you "will be happy to work for Ashfield," it proves that you are an underachieving loser!
Assfield as an employer should do wonders for your career. LMAO @ U

I'd be happy for a job - if this is ashfield, inventive, etc then I don't care. Don't mistake my need to feed my family with a desire to work for ash. I could care less what company is on my name badge.

I'd be happy for a job - if this is ashfield, inventive, etc then I don't care. Don't mistake my need to feed my family with a desire to work for ash. I could care less what company is on my name badge.

If you want to work for inVentiv you should first learn how they spell it. Lower case i and no e on the end. I understand wanting to provide for your family, but there is no need to come on our website and talk smack. Go to the Ashfield site and converse with your peers.

If you want to work for inVentiv you should first learn how they spell it. Lower case i and no e on the end. I understand wanting to provide for your family, but there is no need to come on our website and talk smack. Go to the Ashfield site and converse with your peers.

Seriously, spelling of a company matters to you that much you would take the time to post on here? You are most assuredly a whack-jobber.

The last poster is not real. I do work for HR and we are actively investigating this. If you are found to be double dipping we will let you go with no severance.