• Wed news: Lilly’s 4.5B medicine foundry project. 5 FDA decisions to watch in Q4. Hurricane Helene and the health supply chain. Lundbeck taps Charles River for AI-enabled neuro drug discovery. Amgen tax evasion lawsuit. See more on our front page

Primary Care Interview

anonymous

I have a phone interview coming up for a primary care territory. I believe the products are for diabetes and insomnia. ( I assume the insomnia drug is Belsomra??) Can anybody tell me which products the primary care reps are currently promoting in these therapeutic areas? I realize this will probably get a load of BS responses, but I would like to be as prepared as possible for the phone interview.

<

I have a phone interview coming up for a primary care territory. I believe the products are for diabetes and insomnia. ( I assume the insomnia drug is Belsomra??) Can anybody tell me which products the primary care reps are currently promoting in these therapeutic areas? I realize this will probably get a load of BS responses, but I would like to be as prepared as possible for the phone interview.

Garamycin Netromycin Drixoral Lotrimin Gyne-Lotrimin Hyperstat Valisone Diprosone Sodium Sulamud Vancenase Vancenase AQ Etrafon Celestone Soluspan Coricidin Afrin Tiactin to name just a few

You must be shit-for-brains if you're interviewing with this company. Have you not read any CP? This is the worst of all CP companies. Read up bullshit artist. These jobs are short lived and wont be around much longer, no matter what the fucked up leaders tell you. Customer facing reps are such an 80's-90's thing. Go read for yourself dickwad. Physicians who limit sales rep access use less brand name drugs. Wait until their "executive team" gets a look at that. There's no future in pharma. Get the fuck out. I'm just riding it out, doing the minimum, until retirement, which will be coming soon, especially with the looming layoffs. Get educated dick.

You must be shit-for-brains if you're interviewing with this company. Have you not read any CP? This is the worst of all CP companies. Read up bullshit artist. These jobs are short lived and wont be around much longer, no matter what the fucked up leaders tell you. Customer facing reps are such an 80's-90's thing. Go read for yourself dickwad. Physicians who limit sales rep access use less brand name drugs. Wait until their "executive team" gets a look at that. There's no future in pharma. Get the fuck out. I'm just riding it out, doing the minimum, until retirement, which will be coming soon, especially with the looming layoffs. Get educated dick.

Well like I said, I knew I would get a BS response. I feel really sorry for the people who cant hack it anymore. I am very well "educated" on the pharma industry. I have experience and been laid off before. I completely understand the nature of the beast. I have no doubt you probably have never walked across the stage to receive an award, and by doing the bare minimum you will keep that trend going. Be grateful to have a job that pays well and gives you a company car. Life is too short to be bitter.

Yep. Only legitimate future might be with Oncology.

DO NOT take the job if the manager is named Lopez. Used to work for him and he is a bully, he has ruined countless careers and lives. I think he is still with Smerck unless the company was tired of paying off lawsuits from employees. DO NOT interview with this tyrant, he has a personality disorder. You have been warned.

Well like I said, I knew I would get a BS response. I feel really sorry for the people who cant hack it anymore. I am very well "educated" on the pharma industry. I have experience and been laid off before. I completely understand the nature of the beast. I have no doubt you probably have never walked across the stage to receive an award, and by doing the bare minimum you will keep that trend going. Be grateful to have a job that pays well and gives you a company car. Life is too short to be bitter.

Yeah, your really "educated." In fact, you know so much about the industry with your tremendous knowledge that you have to come to CP for advice on your interview. And for what its work douche bag, I have "walked across the stage." Three times to be exact. I can hack it just fine. My life is good with a car, a cushy job, and extras to take home for dinner. No debt. So fuck off Mr. nature of the beast. I'll continue to do the minimum as its served me well. If you've been laid off you know theres no loyalty. So, get what you can while you can. Now eat shit.

Please explain why you are pursuing a position as a primary care rep with Merck. At best it is a short-term job, not a career. There is no opportunity for advancement. Positions are constantly being eliminated. Salary increases, if any, are low. Annual target bonus has been frozen for 7 years. The pipeline is dormant. In other words, no personal growth and no organizational growth. So please help me understand why you are pursuing this position.

Because he's fucking educated and understands the nature of the beast. He'll fit in beautifully at schmerk. You know the type: arrogant, pristine, conceited, a real know-it-all, and someone who will deliver those verbatims because he cant think past the end of his fuckass nose.

Please explain why you are pursuing a position as a primary care rep with Merck. At best it is a short-term job, not a career. There is no opportunity for advancement. Positions are constantly being eliminated. Salary increases, if any, are low. Annual target bonus has been frozen for 7 years. The pipeline is dormant. In other words, no personal growth and no organizational growth. So please help me understand why you are pursuing this position.

This is the same question every interviewing manager is thinking whether they verbalize it or not. Quite the paradox. "Do I really want to hire someone who is foolish enough to want to join Team Merck in 2017?"

This is the same question every interviewing manager is thinking whether they verbalize it or not. Quite the paradox. "Do I really want to hire someone who is foolish enough to want to join Team Merck in 2017?"

"Team Merck in 2017" will be dramatically different vs. "Team Merck in 2018." Hahaha! I love it

Well, if it's diabetes/insomnia, it's promoting Januvia and Janumet for diabetes and Belsomra for insomnia. Read around the diabetes market, which is changing daily, due to all the fat bastards in this country and the quest for a drug that allows them to eat at the Cheesecake Factory 24/7. The insomnia market is a fight against Ambien and the generic market.
As some of the other posters have noted, the P. Care world is rather tenuous and is facing challenges, due to skewed objectives and marketing strategies. Good luck; just go into this with your eyes open.

Well, if it's diabetes/insomnia, it's promoting Januvia and Janumet for diabetes and Belsomra for insomnia. Read around the diabetes market, which is changing daily, due to all the fat bastards in this country and the quest for a drug that allows them to eat at the Cheesecake Factory 24/7. The insomnia market is a fight against Ambien and the generic market.
As some of the other posters have noted, the P. Care world is rather tenuous and is facing challenges, due to skewed objectives and marketing strategies. Good luck; just go into this with your eyes open.

You sound as stupid as the first fuck who originally posted. P. Care is rather tenuous? No fucking kidding. Especially when the cuts hit later this year you prick.